Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #16
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Here's what Toronto should do on draft day

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
The bolded are PGs that aren't as good as Ford and the underlined are players who don't even play PG.

Good post. If anyone thinks Pargo is better than Ford, then they should get the fu.ck off this board.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
The bolded are PGs that aren't as good as Ford and the underlined are players who don't even play PG.
Even by your edits TJ Ford is STILL not a top 10 PG. Just felt that should be pointed out.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:54 AM   #18
High Potential
Best poster ever

High Potential has decent reputation

Quote:
You're crazy if you think T.J. Ford is better than Jamal Tinsley.

I would also put Ramon Sessions above Ford, he has only played a few games but has already put up stats that Ford could only dream about.

Felton is better than Ford.

I don't see how you can argue that Gilbert Arenas isn't a PG when his team writes him in as one and he is the primary ballhandler.

Derek Fisher is clutch as hell and plays smart, he's a player T.J. Ford might be one day if he works hard and is very lucky.

Udrih can only go left, but he is a better slasher and shooter than Ford is. You are underrating him because you haven't seen him play, or because he is on the Kings.

Last edited by High Potential : 06-18-2008 at 12:56 AM.
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:44 AM   #19
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

Yeah, Jamal Tinsley is GREAT I guess the part where Indiana has been shopping him around for years must have been some crazy dream I had. You lost all credibility by including Pargo on a list of players better than Ford.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #20
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Potential
Ford is not a top 10 PG

Baron Davis
Mo Williams
Chris Paul
Jamal Tinsley
Raymond Felton
Deron Williams
Derek Fisher
Rafer Alston
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Tony Parker
Chauncey Billups
Brandon Roy
Allen Iverson
Beno Udrih
Jannero Pargo
Andre Miller
Devon Harris
Gilbert Arenas
Not to mention Ford's own teammate Jose Calderon

If you really look at it, T.J. Ford is really in the bottom 3rd of the league in terms of PGs. I have no idea why Toronto fans overrate that turnover prone midget so much.

You obviously don't watch basketball.

A Healthy TJ ford is a top 10 PG easily. He makes plays, has high energy and can drop a crap ton of points when needed and performs in the clutch. The only problem with TJ is his mental attitude. If he isn't starting, he isn't happy. Thats the only reason Raptors are dealing him. If Jose had a similar attitude, he would be the one leaving and not Ford.

The fact is, many teams around the NBA want Ford. They see his potential, and what he can do when he is happy and healthy. He is injury prone, and when he is unhappy he takes unwarranted shots constantly, but that all goes away when he is in a situation that pleases him. I suggest actually watching him play, and not thinking you know him how good he is by stats.

Last edited by Trax416 : 06-19-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:00 AM   #21
High Potential
Best poster ever

High Potential has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
You obviously don't watch basketball.

A Healthy TJ ford is a top 10 PG easily. He makes plays, has high energy and can drop a crap ton of points when needed and performs in the clutch. The only problem with TJ is his mental attitude. If he isn't starting, he isn't happy. Thats the only reason Raptors are dealing him. If Jose had a similar attitude, he would be the one leaving and not Ford.

The fact is, many teams around the NBA want Ford. They see his potential, and what he can do when he is happy and healthy. He is injury prone, and when he is unhappy he takes unwarranted shots constantly, but that all goes away when he is in a situation that pleases him. I suggest actually watching him play, and not thinking you know him how good he is by stats.
I watch him play, I know him as a midget who tries to take over in the 4th quarter by jacking up shot after shot and he has to be shooting at about 38%.

Can any one who actually thinks Ford is a top 10 PG make a list of who in their opinion are the top 10 PGs in the league so I can understand their logic?
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:13 AM   #22
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Jason Kidd
4. Tony Parker
5. Baron Davis
6. Chauncey Billups
7. Steve Nash
8. Gilbert Arenas

These are the only players I'd definitively give the edge over Ford and Calderon too, since we're discussing Ford and I actually think he's better than Calderon, I'd put him at #9 in the NBA behind those listed above (they are not listed in order)
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #23
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Potential
You're assuming that the Clippers are retarded. Why would they give up a #7 pick in a stacked draft for a jump shooting center who can't shoot or rebound, and a PG who at best is a backup?

Actually it is a bad deal for the Raps and a good deal for the clips... cos theres really no one THAT good that could trade bargs and ford for a #7
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: