Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Carter's divorce could affect his status with the Nets

It's sad to hear for two reasons.

Quote:
There have been reports out of Orlando that the Magic will vigorously pursue Vince Carter next summer -- when he has the option to terminate his Nets contract and play the free-agent market for the first time -- but his future has suddenly become more difficult to discern. Newark Star-Ledger

According to a close friend of the Nets forward, Carter and his wife, Ellen, recently initiated divorce proceedings, which may be a major factor in his next move. If his wife gains custody of their 1-year-old daughter and moves back to Orlando or her own hometown in South Carolina, Carter could be motivated to sign with the Magic or Charlotte Bobcats just to stay close, as both teams have substantial cap room to sign him. Newark Star-Ledger
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

tough for Carter.

but unless his wife is a complete gold-digger/ ho, then I guess Carter did someting he shouldn't have. so.. I'm not too sensitive about his personal issues.

but from the team standpoint,. I think it would be a big blow to the team to lose Carter since the Nets don't have another bona fide scorer.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

this isn't a done deal. If he gets custody of his daughter, he's gonna stay more likely then not. So hopefully, he gets custody of his daughter
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

with such powerful attorneys on his side, i'm sure he can prove his wife is nothing more than a golddigger who wants to harm him and his daughter.

besides, who better to take care of a baby than a multimillionaire?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #5
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
It's sad to hear for two reasons.

I don't know if a divorce would have any relevance. The guy is out partying and never spending time with his wife or child. So being close to his child is probably not a big deal because he is not close even now. He'd probably want to move to Orlando more to be with his party buddies and other big name people than being close to his child.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #6
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
tough for Carter ... I guess Carter did someting he shouldn't have.

He has enough money to go around.

Maybe he should be a good husband and father and spend time with his family during the off-season and not go out partying with his home-boys and making himself available to all kinds of females all the time. I mean he is never around during the season.

One day he'll have his child on TV (all-star game or some other media event) with him making it look like he is a great father when he probably hardly ever sees her.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:01 PM   #7
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
this isn't a done deal. If he gets custody of his daughter, he's gonna stay more likely then not. So hopefully, he gets custody of his daughter

I don't think custody would have any bearing whether he stays or goes. If he gets custody of his daughter he's not going to be around to take care of her! I doubt he would get custody.

Last edited by huppcap : 08-25-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
with such powerful attorneys on his side, i'm sure he can prove his wife is nothing more than a golddigger who wants to harm him and his daughter.

besides, who better to take care of a baby than a multimillionaire?

Harm him and his daughter? Maybe I am being too presumptious but my guess is she has been the one taking care of their daughter while he is never around.

Maybe she can prove he is a less than desirable husband and father.

She deserves some money. He's probably worth $50mil+. I don't say she should get half but $5mil is not outrageous when it is just a fraction of what he is worth. Besides I am sure the court would give her custody and award money to take care of their daughter.

I wonder if Carter will become like Shawn Kemp.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: