Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good:
Ty Lawson is out of the draft!
Quote:
North Carolina underclassmen Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington and Danny Green will return to Chapel Hill next season after removing their names from the NBA draft Monday. The school's announcement came less than an hour before the deadline for underclassmen who had not hired agents to withdraw from the draft. It means the Tar Heels figure to enter next year as prohibitive favorites to reach the Final Four. North Carolina will return its top six players while also adding one of the nation's top recruiting classes. AP/Salt Lake Tribune

This is a huge relief for me and for many of you guys in the Nuggets forum. The Nuggets were committed to getting Lawson saying to him that they will take him if he is still on the board. Now we can all breath much better now and focus on who we are really going to get in the draft. Maybe this is a sign for the Nuggets that they might be going into the right direction.

The Bad:
The is no news or rumors about the Nuggets in the past month and a half. Besides workouts with potential draft picks. The reason why this is bad news is because we all know the Nuggets won't win it all with the team we have now, and so if I'm not hearing anything now what are the chances of it happening later? Hopefully talks will start heating up, come draft day!

The Ugly:
If you have read many of my other posts I always talk about how my number one worry for the Nuggets is not being able to re-sign J.R. Smith. Here are some reasons why it is so ugly:
1. Does he really want to come back after all the things he has been through with George Karl?
2. All he wants to do is start?, Is it wrong for him to ask this, no, he is a good player that will become great, but he needs to play more to understand the game more. Whether it's shot selection or passing.
3. With stars like Melo, A.I., and Kleiza on the team, does J.R. want to be the third or fourth option on team?

Yet,....
J.R. has been counted on to make some last second shot and that is a pretty big responsibility especially when you can give the ball to A.I. or Melo. It doesn't sound so fourth option to me.
He has also played more since that Chicago Bulls game, in which he has improved by being a leader in the playoffs for this Nuggets team.

Tell me what you think about the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

i think you are right on the jr situation being so huge

imo jr & carmelo complement each other pefectly- i believe those two could be the leading scoring duo in the nba for the next 10 years- why would you ever let one or both of these guys leave?

i still believe that there are championships in the future but it has to be built off of melo/nene/jr imo- i sure do think jr "wants" to be on the nugs, but you are right hes got to want to be treated fairly- which should mean being the starting 2 gaurd for years

lawson would have been a horrid pick- & karl seems like he would do anything for his team (north carolina)- i hope that doesnt mean that demarcus nelson isnt on the nugs radar
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 AM   #3
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
i still believe that there are championships in the future but it has to be built off of melo/nene/jr imo- i sure do think jr "wants" to be on the nugs, but you are right hes got to want to be treated fairly- which should mean being the starting 2 gaurd for years

Something that needs to be done but never will with Karl as head coach
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: