Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Players you think could have a better rookie campaign than Beasley/Rose/Mayo

I think Beasley might be a star in this league, but I'm not completely sold on either, especially Derrick Rose. I think these players have the chance to be better this coming up season

1) Russell Westbrook-this kid can play two positions effectively. He's just as explosive as Rose and has a huge wingspan.

2) Jerryd Bayless-just as quick as Rose and a much better shooter. I'm sure if he's drafted by Seattle, they will mold him into a point guard and if this is to happen I just feel he will be the better player.

3)Anthony Randolph-Versatile player who's not as explosive as Beasley, but with those long arms he can score with ease around the basket. He has to bulk up though.

4) Kevin Love-This kid is so talented. He can put it on the floor and attack the basket or he can step out beyond the 3pt line and shoot the 3 ball. Of course he's not as explosive as Beasley but he has alot of other tools that will help him to excel in the NBA. He has to get into shape.

Oh yeah and don't forget that Greg Oden is a rookie this year as well.

Last edited by Mr_Basketball#1 : 06-17-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board
Default Re: Players you think could have a better rookie campaign than Beasley/Rose

OJ Mayo.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Players you think could have a better rookie campaign than Beasley/Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
OJ Mayo.
I meant to mention Mayo in the thread title.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Players you think could have a better rookie campaign than Beasley/Rose/Mayo

russell westbrook because he will most likely play for a team that thrusts him into the starting lineup (lac,sac,or indy).not sure that can be said for the other guys
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
Blackeagle
I hit open layups

Blackeagle has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Players you think could have a better rookie campaign than Beasley/Rose/Mayo

westbrook and randolph could both turn out very well in this league, but it will certainly not be in their rookie years. Love and bayless could both do well this year though.

Also, chalmers could have a good year if he ends up in denver. That team is so desperate for a point guard that they played anthony carter serious minutes last season. I don't know how many people have had a chance to see anthony carter for more than the odd game or 2, but he should not be playing big minutes in the NBA.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Eric Gordon and D.J. Augustin.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #7
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

im as big of a westbrook fan as there is, but i would count on a big year statisticly

bayless & gordon will both score 15+ a game in addition to mayo, beasley & depending on the team brook lopez

if its stats rose may not have some of the numbers people might want him to

here is my rookie stats top 5
1-beasley
2-mayo
3-bayless
4- lopez
5-rose/love

here are my best five nba players after their career is over
1-rose
2-randolph/westbrook
3-lopez/beasly
4-bayless/mayo
5-ajinca
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Joe Alexander
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:50 AM   #9
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

The only two players that I would actually put money on having better seasons than those three before we even know what teams they are on would be Gallinari and Alexander. I think SF is one of the easier positions to transfer into and considering both could be considered combo-forwards, they will get a lot of time no matter who drafts them. I think they are two of the more NBA ready players right now with the exception of Gallinari's strength as well. My biggest concern is if Alexander will be able to harness his excitment and think while he plays. In college he banked on being more athletic than his opponent and having a green light to do whatever he wanted when he had the ball. In the NBA he is going to have to play within the team concept more. Ironically, this will be one of Gallinari's strengths.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: