Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default bulls have already decided on derrick rose

according to michael beasley. don't have a link...just heard it on sportscenter.the bulls worked him out 2day so he probably made the comment today
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: bulls have already decided on derrick rose

Well bye bye to Kirk Hinrich. I wouldn't be surprised if I see him in a Heat uniform next year.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

that lottery was the derrick rose lottery- people who believe that there was ever a choice crack me up- i believe both utah & new orleans would even draft rose

people cried about westbrook at #4 in this boards mock draft, yet the most unrealistic chance of being right pick was the beasley #1 to chicago pick

derrick rose was the bulls pick from the instant they knew they had #1
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:38 PM   #4
Captain Klank
I airball my layups

Captain Klank has an OK reputation so far

What? I'm pretty sure if this was true it would be on a website. Beasley didn't say anything about Derrick Rose going to the Bulls.
Captain Klank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Klank
What? I'm pretty sure if this was true it would be on a website. Beasley didn't say anything about Derrick Rose going to the Bulls.
yes,it was said. was it big enough to write a story on it?no. sportscenter also payed little attention to the detail..but I watched it with my own eyes. dont say it didn't happen when you don't know.these things make no news because of rose already saying beasley is the better player...plus joey dorsey said the bulls have decided on beasley. no need to report talk going back and forth
Old 06-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #6
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Beasley never said that and Joey Dorsey doesn't know ****. Here is the word for word transcript of the Beasley Chicago interview courtesy daily herald.

If Beasley was informed, or ANYONE for that matter of the Bulls decision it would be breaking news on Espn on tv and on the web. You obviously misheard or misinterpreted.

Michael Beasley's news conference outside the Berto Center on Tuesday morning.

The 6-foot-8 power forward from Kansas State is one of two players the Bulls are considering with the No. 1 pick in the June 26 NBA draft. The other, Memphis point guard Derrick Rose, begins a two-day visit on Wednesday.

Q. How did workout go and what did you do?

A. "It was fun, cool. (I did) everything. Dribbling the ball, posting, curls, screen work."
More Coverage
Video

* Beasley at the Berto Center

Q. What would it mean to be the No. 1 pick?

A. "It would mean a lot, being the No. 1 pick first of all. But then coming to a franchise with so much history and such a big legacy would mean even more."

Q. What were your impressions of the Bulls' management?

A. "Everybody was cool. Laid-back people, fun people to be around."

Q. What would you like Bulls' fans to know about you?

A. "That I'm fun, I guess. I'm a real laid-back person, but I have fun. That's about it."

Q. How would you describe yourself on the court?

A. "Hungry. An animal. A rebounder, scorer, pretty much whatever the team needs. I never want to step on the court and be second best. That's not fun to me. I like to make everything competitive.

"I want to be the best and I understand there's a lot of greats out there, a lot of greats that have come through this league that I have to prove to, but it's just another challenge."

Q. What would you bring to the Bulls?

A. "I think I can make a good inside presence. I can be a great rebounder. I can take a lot of pressure off the guards and hit open shots, be an inside-out guy."

Q. Do you talk to Derrick Rose at all?

A. "We're cool, you know. We don't really compete. We're just along for the ride."

Q. You were listed at 6-10 in college, but measured 6-8 ƒ’₹ƒ…" in shoes at the Orlando predraft camp. Does height matter?

A. "That's not fair. I don't think it's a big deal. It's a little disappointing to me to find out I'm actually a midget. But it's not a big deal to me. I don't think I'm 6-7, but that's what I'm listed at now."

Q. What drives you?

A. "People in my neighborhood, my family, my baby sister, my aunt. I'm trying to make everybody happy and give my family a better life. There's a little pressure. I'm actually a grown man at such a young age. But you've got to do it sooner or later."

Q. What do you think about claims that you have character issues?

A. "I think it's funny. They don't know me. Those people have never seen me a day in their life. They just see the TV interviews and Internet interviews and hear the stories. They don't know me.

"If I have character issues … sorry, I guess. I've never been asked what my character issues are. If you asked me, I wouldn't know. I like to smile. I like to see people smile. There aren't enough smiles around here."

Q. Is there anything to set straight about how you attended five different high schools?

A. "I went to five different high schools. There's really know explaining around it. Nothing's normal. The average height is 6-feet. I'm 7 inches over. That's not normal. Nothing's normal. It's just the path that I went. Everybody has their different paths and mine was just a little longer."

Q. Can you dominate in the NBA like you did in college?

A. "I hope so. I don't doubt myself at all. I know it's going to be a little harder. It's going to be a bigger challenge. I'm ready to take on any challenge that comes my way."

Q. What did you think of new coach Vinny Del Negro?

A. "He's real cool, a real laid-back guy. I didn't think he was that laid back, but he told a couple jokes. He's a really funny guy."

Q. What do you know about the current Bulls players?

A. "I know one player's a great fourth-quarter player. I know they've got one Jayhawk (Kirk Hinrich or Drew Gooden) I'm going to have to work really hard to get along with. I don't know too much about any player. I know a little bit about most. I met some of them, like six."

Q. Do you think the Bulls should draft you?

A. "I think they should. But they're both great teams (the Bulls and Miami, owner of the No. 2 pick). I would like to go No. 1, but if it doesn't happen, I wouldn't be upset.

Q. You attended several prep schools and went to college a long way from your home in Maryland. How did those experiences affect you?

A. "It helped me. It got me prepared for different situations and different lifestyles. I think me going away to school at such a young age helped me grow up earlier than some other guys my age. So far, I think it worked out pretty well."

quit bull****tin dude.

Last edited by Dengness9 : 06-19-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^ Because they HAD to be talking about that interview, couldn't have been an off the cuff comment he made when there weren't cameras and mics in his face. Dengness9 is one of the worst posters on this board, racist idiot.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
^^ Because they HAD to be talking about that interview, couldn't have been an off the cuff comment he made when there weren't cameras and mics in his face. Dengness9 is one of the worst posters on this board, racist idiot.
Exactly. It wasn't a video of Beasley saying it. I'm watching sportscenter, they show a small highlight of the Beasley workout, and the anchor is talking while the highlights are shown. "Beasley claims the Bulls have already decided on Derrick Rose" comes out of his mouth. It's not worth enough media attention, just like Rose saying Beasley is better than him isn't worth any. Am I 100% positive that Beasley said those words? No. Am I 100% sure the anchor said that about Beasley? Yes. Maybe he said it in jest. Beasley hasn't been too serious in interviews. If you didn't see it, don't disregard it as untrue.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:58 AM   #9
Pat Reilly
I hit open layups

Pat Reilly has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Klank

I do not know what Beasley says. According to the south Florida papers though Derrick Rose has declined to come down here for a workout (unlike Beasley and Mayo) so perhaps he has inside information.

On the other hand being in the top 2 picks is a foregone conclusion so perhaps that is his thinking. But turn down a trip to South Beach?
Pat Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

Oh wait your one of the many racist death threat private message addicts.

By the way if I was the worst poster, ISH.com wouldn't have put my analysis of the Vinny Del Negro press conference, on the front page under "NBA Headlines" for a week straight.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote