Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-24-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
MaverickFan4Life

Default Who are you rooting for st the World Basketball Championships?

Im going with Germany
Old 08-24-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

For competitiveness, I would like to see USA vs. Spain in the finals, but I would probably have a heart attack due to the stress of seeing my two favorite teams go at it basket after basket
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I want Spain to win. I want for some non-US team to win or at least make the final game really close so that the US isn't just kicking the crap out of everyone.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

i root for the US because well I live in teh US and this is essentailly a blind act of patriotism.

im not quite sure what my precise ethnicity is as it is rather mixed. i think im part Greek, part Italian, and part Irish (yeah I know.. the last two)

but im not high on either of the two teams which are in the tournament.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Spain all the Way. I'm a Grizzlies and Raps fan and Spain has 3 players from those teams (Pau, Calderon, Garbajosa), as well as my favorite non-NBA players in Rudy Fernandez and Marc Gasol. JCN is pretty damn good too
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Little bit for Slovenia... even though today I was rooting for PR when they played against Italy (how can you root for the Italians ).

But in general I just want to see good basketball...
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #7
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Team USA. No doubt. Favorite players / MY country ... which takes importance over every and anything else.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:03 PM   #8
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

i was going for team USA, but then coach K got taken over pop, and duncan declined so i was a bit iffy but still on board because bowen was still on the team...now, eh. i want to USA to win because like VC said "its a blind act of patriotism" but if the USA goes down then i am gonna go with argentina.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #9
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Greece. A real team, which knows how to pull out the victory in the end. Best example, the game against Australia. They also are the most energetic defensive team in the whole championship, forcing their opponents in an incredible 25+ TO per game. If only they had a pure shooter...
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #10
jaja
Great young streetballer

jaja has an OK reputation so far

USA all the way, but if not them nigeria or angola. but usa all the way
jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:37 PM   #11
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

Greece.

Oh by the way, the best players in this tournament ARE THE BEST PLAYERS in the world. I can't wait to see by the end of the tournament, who makes the all-tourney first team. Right now I think the list looks something like this:

C: Yao Ming
F: Dirk Nowitzki
F: Carmelo Anthony
G: Carlos Arroyo
G: Dwyane Wade

Looks good to me.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #12
AKADS
Decent college freshman

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Spain or Brazil
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:49 PM   #13
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

USA all the way. its my country and my favorite players are on there. Im surprised alot of you arent the same way
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #14
Markarian
I brick open layups

Markarian has an OK reputation so far

Greece; it's my country, has the most underrated players, only Spanoulis is currently on an NBA team(of course he hasn't played yet) and plays the best defense among all the teams in the championships, only other team that plays defense that hard is the US
Markarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:44 PM   #15
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

I'm an American born and raised so gonna have to go for the motherland first and foremost.

But my ethnicity is half Spanish, Gasol is one of my favorite players, and La Bomba one of my favorite not in the NBA, so they would be runner-ups.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: