Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2006, 04:29 PM   #16
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

If you take the songwriting and musical talent of mainstream bands and put it toe to toe with "indy" bands, in almost every case the mainstream people are better singers, better on their instruments, better performers and better songwriters. That's why they get record deals.

A lot of indy and non mainstream bands are really good, but by and large there is a flaw in something they do (songs sound similar, they don't have the capacity to produce more than one good album, they have internal problems, ect)

I'm leaving bubble gum pop and AMerican Idol stuff out of this because a lot of that is based on looks and appearence, but country, rock, punk, heavy, alternative, adult contemporary, jam bands, hip hop and everything else the mainstream people are amazing.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #17
indenial
Banned

indenial has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN43
outkasts message is that they dont care about the gangsta music, and they do there own thing.. like kanye, common, and other rappers/ musicans..

gangsta rappers dont wear polo shirts, tight ass button down shirts and shades like kanye

old men wear the hats common wears

outkast does there own thing, indenial.. you have to respect it

I don't have to, doesn't mean I can't or won't....I just seems so bandwagon mainstream.....I mean they had that one song that won best song of the year....and they're more popular than real solid musicians such as Chris Cornell and Audioslave..who sing better who is a better songwriter and guitar player who has more NATURAL talent...no comparison!
indenial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #18
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
You just named 3 pretty mainstream bands.
Exactly. I know basically NOTIHNG about rock so if i know who a rock group is that means they're mainstream, and i know all 3 of them.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #19
Suns4Life
Hey-OOOOOOOOO

Suns4Life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by indenial
I don't have to, doesn't mean I can't or won't....I just seems so bandwagon mainstream.....I mean they had that one song that won best song of the year....and they're more popular than real solid musicians such as Chris Cornell and Audioslave..who sing better who is a better songwriter and guitar player who has more NATURAL talent...no comparison!

Chris Cornell was in Soundgarden, which was a really popular band too, so they really arent much more popular than Outkast.
Suns4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #20
indenial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Exactly. I know basically NOTIHNG
Old 08-24-2006, 04:43 PM   #21
Suns4Life
Hey-OOOOOOOOO

Suns4Life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by indenial
Try listening to rock then:
Audioslave
Tool
System of a Down

Try those out for a while. Or is mainstream television telling you what good and cool?

I like the part where you named 3 of the most mainstream rock bands and asked the other dudette if he was listening to what the media is telling him is cool.

Yo guys, stop listening to that rap on MTV and start listening to these rappers:
1. Jeezy
2. Rick Ross
3. Nelly
Suns4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #22
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.
Default hm

i just think outkasts style is uncomparable in music, so i respect there stuff and definitly believe as far as hip hop/r and b, that this is the best album of 2006
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 05:56 PM   #23
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

I don't know if it is the best album, but Oukast is by far the best hip hop duo/Group of all time. They smoke, P.E., BDP, De La, Tribe, EPMD, Furious Five, Whodini, Get Fresh Cru, Wu Tang...all of em.

They only group that gives them comp are Run DMC, but they have a historical relevance that Outkast could never have so they aren't even in the discussion.

But out of the remaining groups, Outkast trumps them on orginality, creativity, lyrical content, style, every level...
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:24 PM   #24
Number2
I hit open layups

Number2 has an OK reputation so far

Dude... Andre3000 (the genius behind Outkast) is one of the most talented musicians in the world. He can sing, dance, play a huge number of instruments... This guy plays the sax in blues clubs in his spare time. You can not like Outkast but don't question Andre's chops. That's just ignorant.
Number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #25
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
It's not rap/hip hop because they don't do that...does that make them pop? R&B? what?

piss off and go listen to some eyedea or some other white fanboy true to stuck in 1994 boombap underground encyclopedia rap.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #26
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

also you can compare outkast with the best bands out there

outkast is the kind of music you can put on for your little nephew or your grandma and they'll like it

it is the kind of music people from the slums like, just as much as the society guys from the marketing dept. like.

truely great music and theyre one of the few hip hop groups who'll get mentioned 50 years from now when talking about great music from this era.

and thats something most 'true' hiphopheads dont like. true hiphopheads want boombap, they want something they listened to 10 years ago. always screaming music is their first love, but they dont give a **** about anything besides that good ol boombap. nothing wrong with boombap but we've heard that already.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:27 PM   #27
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
They arent hip hop?
I never considered them hip hop, songs like "Hey ya" and "Church" seemed more like pop songs than hip hop. but if you disagree, then tell me your definition of hip hop, maybe mine is different.
Quote:
piss off and go listen to some eyedea or some other white fanboy true to stuck in 1994 boombap underground encyclopedia rap.
i didn't undertand a word of that, so try again once you know what you're talking about.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:29 PM   #28
indenial
Banned

Elton John and Micheal Jackson are coming out with a duet also ....yeah its entitled dont let your son go down on me.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:00 PM   #29
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

My all-time favorite Outkast album is "ATLiens". A brilliant album. I' have more lukewarm feelings about the albums that followed, though Dre's half of the "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" was brilliant.

"Idlewild" is good, I'll never really consider this there sixth album because it's a soundtrack, and other artist are featured heavily (Jonae, and Scar in particular).

I've heard that the next official Outkast album will be all rapping, so I'll look forward to that.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:42 PM   #30
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
He can sing, dance, play a huge number of instruments
It's amusing that lay people are so impressed with musicians who play multiple instruments. I guess it's because this day and age, it's rare for a famous entertainer to play any instruments.

Once you know a bit about music, learning instruments is easy. Mastering them is another story, but getting to be as proficient as Andre Benjamin is would taken most professional musicians a week or two.

I'm not saying he's untalented, because he is a great musician. It's just that playing multiple instruments isn't his gift - anybody can do that.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: