Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default I'm ready for football

Eagles are locked and loaded!

QB - D.Mcnabb should show why he is a top 5 QB in the NFL
RB - B.West is finally getting love. Has a Marshall Faulk about him. Depth is pretty good with Buckhalter, Booker and Hunt. Wonder who gets let go if any.
FB -
OL - Ready to go, solid depth as well
TE - LJ in a contract year, i expect big numbers. Kris Wilson is said to be a great addition. Lets hope and I really like the 2nd yr TE Celek
WR - The same, added D.Jackson but he'll be on special teams duties. Jason Avant is a player to keep an eye on. He's been improving. I'm thinkin Amani Toomer. Greg Lewis? I hope he gets cut.

DE - Loaded, and with Clemons lets hope they can collectively add pressure on the edge.
DT - Solid, nice 3 man DT rotation with rookie T.Laws.
LB - Got a couple intriguing names but this unit could only get 1 sack and wasnt great in coverage either
CB - By far the best unit on the defense which is why the front 7, especially front 4 need to apply pressure. Lito, Asante, Sheldon, Joselio is a nice group
S - After B.Dawk there is no replacement so lets hope they get one next draft unless Q.Demps is a sleeper. SS? Eh Mikel, Considine someone had me sleeping pills.

Go Eagles! Good chance to get to the SB. Hopefully they can get back to attacking the QB, forcing 3 & outs but most importantly turnovers. And special teams improves in the kick/punt return game. D.Jackson needs to work his magic and give us great field position. Specials cost the Birds 3 gms.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
Low End Theory
Serious playground baller

Low End Theory has decent reputation
Default Re: I'm ready for football

The first weekend of college football is my favorite week of the entire year. It ranks right up there with March Madness, the Finals, and Christmas. I am a huge fantasy football player and I watch every possible game on the weekends.
Low End Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Me too...moreso college football though.

I'm on the Georgia bandwagon already (I thought they should have been in the Sugar Bowl last year instead of LSU).

To me the 4 true contenders are Georgia, OSU, USC and Oklahoma.

I'd laugh if OSU got to face another SEC opponent and lossed again. lol

August 30. MSU at Cal. Statement game for Sparty if they want to finally shed the underachiver label (they're ranked in some sites such as espn and foxsports)....yes I know Cal isn't that good this year too.

Last edited by i seen hippos : 06-18-2008 at 11:17 PM.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's going to be a terrible season for my Bengals. Team turmoil. They did basically nothing to improve, the Chad Johnson situation lingers over the team, and the draft choices are OK, but in my opinion, not all THAT great.

Steelers are clearly better than Cincy, and the Browns are a team on the rise. We need a lot of breaks.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Vikes are as well

QB- Young Tarbaris ready to show his stuff, says hes feels great, the offense is flowing and he feelsl iek a new QB

RB- One of the best RB and one of the best RB combos, runnin all over the NFC

FB- Tapeh to fill Richardsons role hopefully he does it well

WR- Young up and coming talent Sid Rice is someoen Im excited about seeing his progression. Lets see what Bernad Berrian can do!

TE- questionable. we just need whoever plays here between Mills and Shiancoe to BLOCK. Shiancoe makes the odd nice grab.

OL- Should continue to beast opening up highways for All Day. Hopefully McKinnie doesnt get suspended.

DL- Jared Allen should get 15-20 sacks. The Williams Bros and Allen together omg wet dreams. Ray Edwards should suprise a few as he will be left alone pretty much with 3 pro bowlers on the line.

LB- Greenway showed he wasnt a bust, had better stats than AJ Hawk last year. EJ is underrated, pro bowl material. Leber gets the job done.

DB-Winfield a machine as always. Newly acquired Madieu Williams is a nice young player and Sharper still there ball hawking. Between solid yougn guys Ced Griffin, Marcus McCauley and Charles Gordon I think we can find two CBs able to step up.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

stopped reading here because he's not and never was.

he has bad mid-range accuracy and he's thrown more pick-6's than i can recall seeing any QB throw.

he had some nice statistical years cause andy reid throws the ball 8 times outta 10 and westbrook can take dumpoffs to the house at any moment but as a quarterback talent mcnaab is not top 5 and never was.

PHAILURE.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:34 PM   #7
Lil Bibby
Banned

Lil Bibby has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Eagles are locked and loaded!

RB - B.West is finally getting love. Has a Marshall Faulk about him. Depth is pretty good with Buckhalter, Booker and Hunt. Wonder who gets let go if any.
FB -
OL - Ready to go, solid depth as well
TE - LJ in a contract year, i expect big numbers. Kris Wilson is said to be a great addition. Lets hope and I really like the 2nd yr TE Celek
WR - The same, added D.Jackson but he'll be on special teams duties. Jason Avant is a player to keep an eye on. He's been improving. I'm thinkin Amani Toomer. Greg Lewis? I hope he gets cut.

DE - Loaded, and with Clemons lets hope they can collectively add pressure on the edge.
DT - Solid, nice 3 man DT rotation with rookie T.Laws.
LB - Got a couple intriguing names but this unit could only get 1 sack and wasnt great in coverage either
CB - By far the best unit on the defense which is why the front 7, especially front 4 need to apply pressure. Lito, Asante, Sheldon, Joselio is a nice group
S - After B.Dawk there is no replacement so lets hope they get one next draft unless Q.Demps is a sleeper. SS? Eh Mikel, Considine someone had me sleeping pills.

Go Eagles! Good chance to get to the SB. Hopefully they can get back to attacking the QB, forcing 3 & outs but most importantly turnovers. And special teams improves in the kick/punt return game. D.Jackson needs to work his magic and give us great field position. Specials cost the Birds 3 gms.

I honestly have the Eagles in Last Place in the NFC East...

But I will try to keep this positive...

3 things I really like about your team...

#1. D-Line and O-Line (very Solid)
#2. Home Field Advantage (very hard to win in Philly)
#3. Westbrook (The real-deal Reggie Bush)... probably the best recieving RB in the game.

THE X FACTOR

McNabb... I just don't think he will get it done. (maybe I'm wrong... if I am... I can see the Eagels at 10-6... if McNabb is just decent... 7-9)

GOBB... the day you're Eagles win a Super Bowl, is the day my Mavs win a Championship.
Lil Bibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #8
Lil Bibby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
It's going to be a terrible season for my Bengals. Team turmoil. They did basically nothing to improve, the Chad Johnson situation lingers over the team, and the draft choices are OK, but in my opinion, not all THAT great.

Steelers are clearly better than Cincy, and the Browns are a team on the rise. We need a lot of breaks.

Thank God you're team was stupid.... By not not trading CJ to Washington.

He is in the same league with T.O. and Moss.

Allthough... Cowboys Secondary has massive depth this year... so maybe it's not the big a deal for me.

Your team should of made that trade... 2 first rounders for a disgruntled CJ?
Old 06-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

On paper, no one matches up against Indy. Seriously.

QB - Manning
RB - Addai, Rhodes, Hart
TE - Clark, Tamme/Santi
WR - Wayne, Harrison, Gonzalez, and watch out for the beast that is Roy Hall
OL - Ugoh, Charlie Johnson/Mike Pollak, Saturday, Lilja, Diem

DL - Freeney, Mathis, Ed Johnson, Marcus Howard, Kenyunta Dawson
LB - Keiaho, Brackett, Phil Wheeler/Clint Sessions/TyJaun Hagler
DB - Jackson, Hayden, Sanders, Bethea

Other than Freeney and Sanders, not a lot of names on D, but obviously one of the best, look at last year's stats. Makes you wonder why every team doesn't use the Cover 2, best defense for today's game IMO.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #10
Lil Bibby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
DL - Freeney, Mathis, Ed Johnson, Marcus Howard, Kenyunta Dawson
LB - Keiaho, Brackett, Phil Wheeler/Clint Sessions/TyJaun Hagler
DB - Jackson, Hayden, Sanders, Bethea

Other than Freeney and Sanders, not a lot of names on D, but obviously one of the best, look at last year's stats. Makes you wonder why every team doesn't use the Cover 2, best defense for today's game IMO.

yea... I was about to say... Who are some of these guys on defense?

But yea... the scheme is what it's all about I guess.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Bibby
yea... I was about to say... Who are some of these guys on defense?

But yea... the scheme is what it's all about I guess.

Best defensive backfield in football if you ask me.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:05 AM   #12
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

QB- Eli Manning is coming off superbowl MVP

WR- Plaxico Buress will get his contract, Steve Smith, Amani Toomer then adding Mario Manningham

RB- Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward combo. Then you throw in Ahmad Bradshaw Pretty nice because Derrick Ward was once leading the NFC in rushing for a few weeks then he got hit with injuries.

OL- Very Solid. Underated as well. Snee, O'hara, McKensie, Diehl and Seubert

D Line - Osi Umenyior and Justin Tuck at the ends. Cofield and Robbins in the middle. Tuck/Umenyiora is a very nice combo. Lost strahan and it hurt but Tuck is taking over that starting role.

Secondary was upgraded drafting Terrell Thomas, a big long DB. Aaron Ross and Sam Madison is nice. Madison needs to find a way to stay healthy and Ross will only get better.

TE - Jeremy Shockey needs to get his act together. Kevin Boss is young and looked good for us in the playoffs. When Shockey got hurt i thought we were done but Boss stepped up and also had a nice catch in the SB.

Linebackers- Antonio Piece will take over Strahans leadership. We finally get Mathias Kiwanuka back and will have Danny Clark play on the other side. He'll be fighting with Gerris Wilkerson for that starting job.

Safety slot - we lost Gibril Wilson and that will hurt but he wanted way to much money. Drafted Kenny Phillips and signed Veteran Sammy Knight. James Butler was gettin' burnt left and right so hopefully we see the end of that. Michael Johnson was also looking good this year as a rookie

got our punter Jeff Feagles for another year and locked Tynes.

lost Kawika Mitchell but it won't hurt that much. Wasn't very fast but he did lay some wood. Had one of the nicest plays against Brady where he faked in and out.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #13
Lil Bibby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Best defensive backfield in football if you ask me.

Newman
Pac Man
Henry
Williams
Hamlin
Jenkins
Old 06-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #14
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Newman
Pac Man
Henry
Williams
Hamlin
Jenkins

Naa

have to see how pac man even looks first.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:15 AM   #15
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Newman
Pac Man
Henry
Williams
Hamlin
Jenkins

Pac-Man can't even play in the regular season yet
Jackson>Henry
Sanders>>>>Williams (HOW is he still a DB? put him at the will spot, at least he hasn't been arrested I guess)
Hamlin>Bethea (close though)
Jenkins hasn't played a down in the NFL, and Hayden's better anyway
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: