Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-19-2008, 01:26 AM   #31
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I'm ready for football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
DL- Jared Allen should get 15-20 sacks.

I'll bet my avatar that he doesn't get 15.

Last edited by MarloStanfield : 10-11-2009 at 07:53 PM.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:27 AM   #32
ecthelion
Local High School Star

ecthelion has decent reputation

this is NFL football right?
ecthelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:32 AM   #33
Suns4Life
Hey-OOOOOOOOO

Suns4Life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Me too...moreso college football though.

I'm on the Georgia bandwagon already (I thought they should have been in the Sugar Bowl last year instead of LSU).

To me the 4 true contenders are Georgia, OSU, USC and Oklahoma.

I'd laugh if OSU got to face another SEC opponent and lossed again. lol

August 30. MSU at Cal. Statement game for Sparty if they want to finally shed the underachiver label (they're ranked in some sites such as espn and foxsports)....yes I know Cal isn't that good this year too.

If OSU gets to the championship game again, I think everyone in this great nation will protest the BCS until we got a playoff or +1. I don't think OSU has a real chance though, I would replace them with Clemson. If Clemson can get the ball rolling by beating Bama, they should cruise through the ACC, maybe have a close game with VT and their only other challenging game is against the Gamecocks. They got a good shot this year though, look out for Florida too. The big games this year that will shake up the boards will be Florida vs. Georgia, OSU vs. USC, and probably OU vs. Tech.
Suns4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:57 AM   #34
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Bibby
That's not fair... because in the NFL.... injuries happen.

But I think our depth is better than yours.... Maybe not our scheme...

But on paper.... like you said.... we are better.

No, you aren't better, on paper or in real life. We can even make injury stipulations. Any given starting DB misses 4+ games it's null and void. You're scared of injuries, but you say you have better depth. Put your money, in this case conspiracy threads, where your mouth is.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:24 AM   #35
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, you all are acting like the season is about to start next week or something. You're getting me hyped up when the season is still a ways away. And oh yeah, have fun in the cellar again, GOBB. I can't really talk much sh*t, though, since my team has plenty of question marks...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:25 AM   #36
Low End Theory
Serious playground baller

Low End Theory has decent reputation

When does Hard Knocks on HBO start?
Low End Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:33 AM   #37
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

All I know is this:

The Bears are going to have a long season this year....were going to have a ton of 3 and outs on offense...

It dont look good this season for us
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:44 AM   #38
sonicman
Decent playground baller

sonicman has an OK reputation so far

Man, why cant the NFL start as soon as the NBA ends! lol

At least theres the draft and olympics in between
sonicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #39
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

I cant wait for college football...College gamedays at Texas A&M. Atmosphere is fantastic and Kyle Field is amazing. I love it.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:26 AM   #40
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield

odds are that he wont, but i wont be surprised if he does
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:06 PM   #41
ElKuKuy
Decent playground baller

ElKuKuy has decent reputation

Quote:
What threats have the Eagles had during thier succesful run at owning the NFC East and getting to the playoffs, to NFC title games? You'll struggle to list names. Yet somehow B.West is all they have? Ummm ok

The NFC East was actually a very weak division when they were winning em.
What threats did they have in their way??

You had the Cowboys who were led by Quincy Carter and Bledsoe.
You had the Skins being led by an old azz Brunell.
You had the Giants being led by Kerry Collins.

The East was weak then.

But now you have a good Cowboy team who can possibly win it all.
You got a good Giants team that may miss Strahan but will probaly make the playoffs again.
Then you got an average Skins team that actually made the playoffs last year.

The EAST has actually gotten tougher now.

So you mean to tell me that the Eagles(who really didnt make any moves in the offseason)are better than the other three???
ElKuKuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKuKuy
The NFC East was actually a very weak division when they were winning em.

So you say.

Quote:
But now you have a good Cowboy team who can possibly win it all.

Sounds like last year. Hilarious.

Quote:
So you mean to tell me that the Eagles(who really didnt make any moves in the offseason)are better than the other three???

Eagles didnt? On offense they didnt, but health has been the important key. LJ Smith Mcnabb bread and butter is healthy along with Mcnabb. Defensively they added Asante Samuel the top free agent of the crop to go with Lito and Sheldon. Then addressed the pass rush adding Clemons at depth for DE.

They didnt need to make big moves. Just get healthy. They upgraded specials by adding a top special teams threat in D.Jackson. Special teams cost this team 3, games. Blame Reid for going into the season neglecting a returner to not only give you field position but to hold onto the ball, know what to do when recieving a punt.

1. Special teams is key, must get field position and protect the ball
2. Pass rush, Eagles must attack and get not only sacks but force turnovers. Past years these two things were consistent.
3. Stay healthy on offense.

This team is no different then the past teams. I'd give Dallas the favorites to win the NFC East becase people will look at "roster". Dont see how Wash or NYG are that much better. NYG came on at the end, started off avg/mediorce. Eli Manning was getting slammed for his play. 12gms he didnt look good, last 5 he plays better up to his abilities and the D carried them. Strahan is gone. Dont see how you replace that and not be affected. Then you factor in guys wanting more money and repeating as SB champs is difficult. Come on.

NFL parity and most importantly momentum carried into the playoffs are key.

Like i said before, no one would have put $$$ on the NYG in the SB. They had Dallas. Saying such and such a team has a good chance is reasonable in todays NFL. There are a handful of teams who are exempt just because they dont have the overall talent.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #43
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eagles are a great team without a good WR. If we got Randy Moss and not the Pats we could of pulled off the undefeayed season...
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #44
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Deal. You will have to wear the avatar until the first free agent is signed k?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #45
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
No, you aren't better, on paper or in real life..
On paper, Dallas is the bast team in the NFC

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...=0&season=2008

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: