Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-19-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
la bomba
Local High School Star

Default Navarro back at barca.

Well it looks like Navarro has signed a 5 year deal with barca. Good to see good players leaving the NBA for europe,they obviously realise its no fun playing in a losing team with no hopes of competing,plus earning a fraction of what he earned and will earn at barca.Hope more players return,the NBA is not miles ahead anymore,it should no longer be every players' dream to play there.Frankly playing for the grizzlies seams more like a nightmare.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:42 AM   #2
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Default Re: Navarro back at barca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Well it looks like Navarro has signed a 5 year deal with barca. Good to see good players leaving the NBA for europe,they obviously realise its no fun playing in a losing team with no hopes of competing,plus earning a fraction of what he earned and will earn at barca.Hope more players return,the NBA is not miles ahead anymore,it should no longer be every players' dream to play there.Frankly playing for the grizzlies seams more like a nightmare.
The main problem seems to be that he didn't receive a good offer from any NBA team.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #3
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

With the politics of the nba and Donaghygate the morale of the nba can't be good. There has to be a ton of more scandals known in the league not discussed in the media. I don't blame him for leaving for Barcelona, the nba isn't what it used to be.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Jorge Garbajosa is coming back also. Also, I thought I heard JC Navarro saying he liked the experience and would like to come back for years to come. I could have sworn ESPN.com wrote about it. Maybe yahoo sports also. I'm glad to see a European going home. I think Walter Herrmann should also go to Europe, as well as Andrea Bargnani, but I think that's unreasonable, at least at the moment because he still is very young. Either way, it would be idiotic for the Raptors to even consider it, but, in my opinion, he would be a better fit in Europe. I would also like to see Sergio Rodriguez come home. He doesn't fit with the Blazers, so he at least needs to transfer somewere else. Hopefully, players coming back will prevent players from leaving, such as Rudy Fernández or Ricky Rubio.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:00 AM   #5
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

The Blazers should do a Golden State and sell Sergio Rodriguez's rights to europe, it's becoming a source of revenue for Golden State.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #6
simasu01
Decent playground baller

It's a good idea, it would work for both sides. They should do the same with Bellinelli.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
la bomba
Local High School Star

and now barca have signed david anderson!!! superb.Marc Gasol wants to go waste his time at memphis,good luck big boy.enjoy losing match after match,seeing rudy gay shoot everything!
Old 06-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Maybe he expects to be like his brother, but instead he'll be like his brother's friend Navarro. I don't expect Marc Gasol to come back to Europe once he leave though.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #9
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
Maybe he expects to be like his brother, but instead he'll be like his brother's friend Navarro. I don't expect Marc Gasol to come back to Europe once he leave though.
I dont doubt that he will do well,my problem is their motivation.why go play 83 games of which 63 mean zilch ,lose most ,know you have no hope of winning anything,when you can be in a big club in europe in great exciting competitions fighting for several titles were every game means something.In the nba players go for their individual stats because its all they are fighting for.I see garbajosa might go to cska to replace anderson.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #10
simasu01
Decent playground baller

I hope Garbajosa goes to Spain or Italy, not russia. God I hate them. They pissed me off today when they beat Holland, now CSKA will be even stronger. Hopefully Siskauskas will leave. He needs a new title from a new country. Maybe Spain? Barcelona could use him alongside Navarro.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:36 AM   #11
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Cska lost David Andersen to Barcelona and Theodoros Papaloukas to Panathanikos so CSKA is reloading. Gasol is good but he wasn't going to even make Halperin money in the euroleague so he left for the nba.

Right now Olympiacos has had the best signings and they look like the next favorite and with the credibility problems of the nba than maybe the best team in the world

Last edited by b.jerk : 06-22-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #12
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Ok, Olympiacos is good, but they haven't won much, so I wouldn't crown them the best in the world, since they're not even the best in the Euroleague. I don't mind them winning, though. I do think Barcelona will start playing basketball again and could actually contend for the Euro crown.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Terrence Morris has signed with CSKA for three years but I don't know how CSKA is better since they already have similar players
Old 06-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #14
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
Terrence Morris has signed with CSKA for three years but I don't know how CSKA is better since they already have similar players
So who are the olympiakos signings?and is it official that papaloukas has gone to pana?I also heard jasikevicius was a barca target(Again!).
Old 06-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #15
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

According to ballineurope

Michalis Pelekanos (Real Madrid)
Nikola Vujcic (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Zoran Erceg (FMP)
Theodoros Papaloukas (CSKA Moscow)

Walter Herrman (Detroit Pistons)
Yotam Halperin (Maccabi Tel Aviv)