Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #16
simasu01
Decent playground baller

simasu01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Navarro back at barca.

But Olympiakos also have these departures:
Jake Tsakalidis (Phoenix Suns)
Renaldas Seibutis (?)
Panagiotis Kafkis (?)
Qyntel Woods (?)
Roderick Blackney (?)
Lynn Greer (Montepaschi)

Also, I looked at Maccabi. Are they changing their whole entire team?
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #17
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
According to ballineurope

Michalis Pelekanos (Real Madrid)
Nikola Vujcic (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Zoran Erceg (FMP)
Theodoros Papaloukas (CSKA Moscow)

Walter Herrman (Detroit Pistons)
Yotam Halperin (Maccabi Tel Aviv)
Nando de Colo (Cholet)
Anthony Parker (Toronto)
Igor Milosevic (Crvena Zvzda)
you said in an earlier reply that paploukas was going to pana.which one is it?Erceg I'd heard of,I like him.Pelekanos is crap,Parker I am suprised as he was doing well in the NBA,maybe he has realised that playing in europe is far more competitive and fun.Halperin and Herrmann would be good signings.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #18
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
But Olympiakos also have these departures:
Jake Tsakalidis (Phoenix Suns)
Renaldas Seibutis (?)
Panagiotis Kafkis (?)
Qyntel Woods (?)
Roderick Blackney (?)
Lynn Greer (Montepaschi)

Also, I looked at Maccabi. Are they changing their whole entire team?
The players that according to bjerk are coming to olympiakos are far better than the dross that they are getting rid of.especially Blakeney.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #19
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
The players that according to bjerk are coming to olympiakos are far better than the dross that they are getting rid of.especially Blakeney.

I never said that

Anyway it's a chart of who's rumored to possibly sign and leaving, most of those players are staying and Halperin, Vujcic and some of the other guys have signed.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #20
la bomba
Local High School Star

some interesting signings.Planinic leaves TAU to replace Papaloukas at cska.adecuate replacement.Barca look like they are going to sign Terrell mcintyre,that would be a good signing.Pepe sanchez looks like joining real madrid to replace tunceri.Where is Lakovic going?barca dont want him.Sada from akasvayu girona returning to barca,lubos barton from dkv also joining barca,who are clearly trying to make a team worthy of being title contenders.Unicaja look like signing Omar Cook from red star and Archibald.the scot will re-unite with former coach Aito Garcia reneses.I wouldnt be suprised to see Cabezas leave unicaja as he has been left out of the spanish squad by his would-be unicaja coach.
As for elsewhere in europe,I am suprised to see Galinari go to the nba especially so high in the draft!obviously D'antoni has chosen him.I think like so many europeans he is going to early,he has had a good season he needed to mature some more.Ukic could be on his way to Toronto,again,quite unbelievable as he has never really settled in any team in europe,TAU,Barca or Roma in these last few years.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #21
simasu01
Decent playground baller

American sports analysts are actually quite impressed with Gallinari, as they referred to him as a leader of a team in Euroleague, a far more competitive league that NCAA college basketball. So if he's a leader, then what could they say about say, Siskauskas, Papaloukas, Jasikevicius, or Smodiz. Gallinari is a good prospect, but i think the next great Europeans will be Rudy Fernández, Ricky Rubio, Donatas Motiejunas, and Milan Macvan. Plus there are many players not as popular, but still good, in some more countries and the same ones as the players above.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:16 PM   #22
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
American sports analysts are actually quite impressed with Gallinari, as they referred to him as a leader of a team in Euroleague, a far more competitive league that NCAA college basketball. So if he's a leader, then what could they say about say, Siskauskas, Papaloukas, Jasikevicius, or Smodiz. Gallinari is a good prospect, but i think the next great Europeans will be Rudy Fernández, Ricky Rubio, Donatas Motiejunas, and Milan Macvan. Plus there are many players not as popular, but still good, in some more countries and the same ones as the players above.
I think Gallinari should have had one more season in europe.he is going there with not enough experience,he will not be ready and then we get americans saying he flopped coz he is european!Those other players you mention appreciate team basketball too much and therefore will never leave the european club scene.as for the prospects Rudy has already gone,see what he does the other 3 are still very young.Dedovic I would include too and some other serbians of which i don't remember their names who won the parrallell under 18 tournament that is held with the final four.
Any idea about this rumour that panathinaikos are about to sign an nba superstar veteran aged 32 with 10years in the NBA averaging double figures etc?They say it will shock more than when they signed Dominique Wilkins.the news is in eurobasket.com but they dont mention a name.I fear it might be sharif abdur rahim or stephon marbury!!i don't see how any of them would be impressive,atleast not more than wikins in his time.

Last edited by la bomba : 06-28-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:28 AM   #23
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I think Gallinari should have had one more season in europe.he is going there with not enough experience,he will not be ready and then we get americans saying he flopped coz he is european!Those other players you mention appreciate team basketball too much and therefore will never leave the european club scene.as for the prospects Rudy has already gone,see what he does the other 3 are still very young.Dedovic I would include too and some other serbians of which i don't remember their names who won the parrallell under 18 tournament that is held with the final four.
Any idea about this rumour that panathinaikos are about to sign an nba superstar veteran aged 32 with 10years in the NBA averaging double figures etc?They say it will shock more than when they signed Dominique Wilkins.the news is in eurobasket.com but they dont mention a name.I fear it might be sharif abdur rahim or stephon marbury!!i don't see how any of them would be impressive,atleast not more than wikins in his time.

I could see Gallinari as the next Toni Kukoc if he stayed in Europe. I don't know if he will reach the level Toni had, but the kid has the skills to be a terrific point forward. He is not the finesse player than Kukoc was, but has a lot more of heart than Toni and that helps a lot. I'm looking forward to see how he can do with the Knicks, but I hope he will not be a dissapointment. He's too young, though.
I read also the report from Eurobasket.com and I really don't know who could be. They say the guy is a double digit in points and rebounds, so Marbury is not. I can't guess who could be the guy.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #24
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Gallinari could surely be the next Kukoc, even in the NBA. Give him a few years, but with a coach like D'Antoni, he will speed up the process to go to the NBA. I am looking for the article, but I can't find anything about it, I tried Eurobasket.com, but still no result. From what you are saying, it looks like Stephon Marbury, but he said he wants to play in Italy, unless he can't tell the difference. Abdur Rahim sat on the bench the whole year, he didn't average double figures in anything. If they do actually sign someone better than Dominique Wilkins, who the hell is it? Kevin Garnett almost fits into that description, Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups, Jason Terry, Ray Allen, Andre Miller, Peja Stojakovic, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Stojakovic is the only one who matches the description. Is he a better player than Wilkins? I don't see him making a bigger splash. The only ones who would be in the Wilkins area would be KG, Tim Duncan, and Chaucey Billups. All 3 are also NBA champions. The others are good, but not nearly as good.
EDIT: rumour says that Marbury will be waived [bought out?] if the Knicks get a new point guard. Marbury looks like the biggest possibility. Also I noticed that the players above are only from the playoffs, so there is a lot missing.

Last edited by simasu01 : 06-29-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #25
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Can the Euroleague relegate Le Manns back to the ULEB, they had only two wins in the euroleague last season and they're not going to get any better losing the guy responsible for those two wins, Raviv Limonad.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:57 AM   #26
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Gallinari could surely be the next Kukoc, even in the NBA. Give him a few years, but with a coach like D'Antoni, he will speed up the process to go to the NBA. I am looking for the article, but I can't find anything about it, I tried Eurobasket.com, but still no result. From what you are saying, it looks like Stephon Marbury, but he said he wants to play in Italy, unless he can't tell the difference. Abdur Rahim sat on the bench the whole year, he didn't average double figures in anything. If they do actually sign someone better than Dominique Wilkins, who the hell is it? Kevin Garnett almost fits into that description, Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups, Jason Terry, Ray Allen, Andre Miller, Peja Stojakovic, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Stojakovic is the only one who matches the description. Is he a better player than Wilkins? I don't see him making a bigger splash. The only ones who would be in the Wilkins area would be KG, Tim Duncan, and Chaucey Billups. All 3 are also NBA champions. The others are good, but not nearly as good.
EDIT: rumour says that Marbury will be waived [bought out?] if the Knicks get a new point guard. Marbury looks like the biggest possibility. Also I noticed that the players above are only from the playoffs, so there is a lot missing.

This is from Eurobasket.com, Pana officials are saying that nothing is on the way. It seems they removed the previous news about the signing.
Quote:
According to the official Panathinaikos Athens announcement, through its manager Mr. Manos Papadopoulos , there is not any specific target at this stage for the Green team. As he stated to a couple of Greek newspapers Panathinaikos Athens has the best feasible roster, and at the same time the most expensive ones, we do not wait for any messiahs. Whatever is announced from the Media people is a myth! The team has a specific plan and its management together with the Coaching staff has put their plans on table from the very next day of the fifth game against Olympiakos.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #27
simasu01
Decent playground baller

It could still be true. Maybe they will wait until the NBA signings are allowed, and if that player doesn't get a contract, Pana will get him. It is too unspecific to talk about.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #28
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
It could still be true. Maybe they will wait until the NBA signings are allowed, and if that player doesn't get a contract, Pana will get him. It is too unspecific to talk about.

I don't know. It will amaze me that a player averaging double figures in points and rebounds will not get a contract in the NBA, unless he has an injury that could him preclude playing at the highest level. I mean, being only 32 is not really old to play there. We'll see
Old 06-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #29
simasu01
Decent playground baller

Oh points AND rebounds. I thought it was only points. Yeah I don't think any money will get a player to Europe if he's American, look at Chris Webber and Olympiakos. Only Antawn Jamison would fit the 32 year old double figure points and rebounds player. And he surely isn't going to Europe. I also read that Jasikevicius will likely leave Pana so there might be a lot of money for the Greeks to spend. Only time will tell.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #30
vittor14
Can barely lace up my sneakers

vittor14 has an OK reputation so far

best news of the year...without him we can play the final of acb play-off.navarro MVP
vittor14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: