Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #16
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Fan Nation reports potential Raps/Knicks deal

I hope this deal is not going to happen...I hate Jamal crawford...I hope they go with the Clips and somehow work out something for Magette.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #17
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
the contract5s match up pretty well

if tj ford and #17 (maybe even another future 1st rounder) for jmaal crawford and #6 goes down, i would be very very very happy,

BC just needs to say to the knicks pgs are at a premiem and swings are 10 a penny, we can get a true 2nd options to start at SG and then we can get someone like anthony randolph or go for a big (lopez) that would be a perfect trade for us IMO

Calderon / PG / Martin
Crawford / Parker / Delfino
Moon / Randolph / Kaponon
Bosh / Humphires
Bargnani / Nesterovic

then look to find some bigs via free agency or kaponon could be a good barganing chip

I would never put Crawford over P{arker, Parker is a much better defender than crawford
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #18
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
I would never put Crawford over P{arker, Parker is a much better defender than crawford

whoa stop right there. Even though Parker is the better defender Crawford is a much better offensive player and you have to consider getting him. Crawford is a guy that can get to the rim if he wanted to, he can shoot the ball, he can dish out the ball, and he could get to the free throw line. On nights that his shot is not falling all we need him to do is get to the rim we've got shooters that can shoot the ball and we'll give the ball to CB4. We get the 6th pick and draft a Randolph, Alexander, and maybe Love or Mayo. I think we should consider this trade because it can help his out a lot.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:22 PM   #19
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

My man Q

You have just become the number one critic of Jamal Crawford. You've bashed him many times on this board and rightfully so. mediocre percentages, terrible defense and a passive attitude to sharing the ball. I know you strive for perfection and you have very high standards when it comes to the raps, but this is something we could use. Crawford is a better wing scorer (be it inefficient) and plays with a lot more heart than what we have right now and with the 6th pick in a moderately deep draft, we could land a player with real star potential, or at least a good pro.
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just think there is a big difference in his "ability" and his actual production. They don't match up, they haven't matched for 8 years now and I don't see why that will change. Is he capable of being a good aggressive scorer? Probably. But so is Larry Hughes. I don't see much of a difference between Crawford and Hughes and yet Hughes is vilified (rightly so) by everyone.

The fact is that despite Crawford's good ball handling and solid playmaking for a 2-guard, he still frequently falls back on taking bad jump shots and LOTS of them. He certainly should be able to do more but never has. I don't think he's a good fit for this team especially at $9 million per year.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:53 AM   #21
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
Crawford is better then anything we have right now at that position, and can contribute in various ways on offense.

The Raptors are already in preliminary talks to trade T.J. straight up for Jamal. So why not get the number 6 pick in the draft and unload some expiring contracts also?

It makes no sense not to do it. Not only could we get a rookie who could actually become something outside of a generic role player one day, but we would also have salary room to shop around with.

You also have to understand that Jamal has been stuck under a broken, pathetic system for the past few years. He could flourish on the Raptors. He is athletic, and extremely high energy as well.

With the 6th pick we could probably pick up Lopez, who would help us tremendously on defense at in the paint, and has the ability to become the second best Center in the East if developed correctly.

We could do that, or we could take trace T.J. Ford + 17th + expiring contracts for Eddie + 6th pick, and draft a guy like Joe Alexander, who we HOPE could develop into a better player then Jamal, but at the end of a day it's a bigger risk.

The fact of the matter is, it looks like T.J. is on his way to New York. NY has what we want and we have what they want. There are not many other teams in the NBA that need a quality PG willing to give up so much for so little.

AGREED.. "Me-J" Ford is worthless to us now... Crawford would be a good gamble and we have the 6th pick as backup plan
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:25 AM   #22
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

#6.

1. Rose/Beas
2. Rose/Beas
3. Mayo/lopez
4. mayo/lopez
5. jarryd bayless
6. Maybe possibilies, we could get Deandre, The italian guy (dont konw how to spell his name), Randolph, many more.

The deal sounds OK.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:08 AM   #23
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

we need a starter in the SF position if anything. If moon is still starting next season we are DOOMED.
n00bie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 AM   #24
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
#6.

1. Rose/Beas
2. Rose/Beas
3. Mayo/lopez
4. mayo/lopez
5. jarryd bayless
6. Maybe possibilies, we could get Deandre, The italian guy (dont konw how to spell his name), Randolph, many more.

The deal sounds OK.

The "Italian" guy, said if he doesn't land in NY or NJ, he is going to play in Italy for the next two seasons.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:50 AM   #25
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
With the 6th pick we could probably pick up Lopez, who would help us tremendously on defense at in the paint, and has the ability to become the second best Center in the East if developed correctly.

We could do that, or we could take trace T.J. Ford + 17th + expiring contracts for Eddie + 6th pick, and draft a guy like Joe Alexander, who we HOPE could develop into a better player then Jamal, but at the end of a day it's a bigger risk.

The fact of the matter is, it looks like T.J. is on his way to New York. NY has what we want and we have what they want. There are not many other teams in the NBA that need a quality PG willing to give up so much for so little.

I have to say, basically every bit of that sounds just f*cking terrible for the Raptors. I don't want Crawford - a career chucker who simply isn't the answer to any of this team's problems. I don't want the 6th pick just to waste on overrated Brook Lopez, his brother at the 17 pick would be fine. Eddie Curry is a name I won't even bother with for what I hope are obvious reasons. And I'm not near as interested in Mister Really Athletic, for a White Guy Joe Alexander as some people are - I don't think he's a lottery pick.

There has to be something better than Jamal Crawford out there. There just has to be. Give me Q-Rich from that team and I'll even be happier.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #26
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputation

I just voted on another thread that I didnt think anything would go down - period.

...but the more I read the more likely this seems.

Crawford + 6th + Joey/Kapano/something...for

TJ + 17.

Give NY a PG (say not Tinsley from the Pacers with a rep) and a pick and some cap relief.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #27
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Everyone here complains about Ford taking too many shots for not even a whole season yet are willing to do deal for Crawford who has done the same thing throughout his career.

The 6th pick is nice but IMO, the real surefire talent is gone at that point and in a deep draft, the differences between a 17th and 6th pick aren't as vast.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #28
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
we need a starter in the SF position if anything. If moon is still starting next season we are DOOMED.

Actually if Moon improves his mid range jumper this off season he'll be solid for us next year as a starter or first off the bench. Nice if he was more agressive too...
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #29
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
Actually if Moon improves his mid range jumper this off season he'll be solid for us next year as a starter or first off the bench. Nice if he was more agressive too...

"Nice if he was more aggressive..." I really doubt that would happen... he's been playing that way his entire career.... with diff. teams
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #30
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
"Nice if he was more aggressive..." I really doubt that would happen... he's been playing that way his entire career.... with diff. teams

Yeah but never with teams that could give him the proper coaching and resources necessary.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: