Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

Default Trade rumors?

Acording to espn the nuggs and the griz are talking trade.

The grizz would send kyle lowry and the 28th pick.

The nuggets would send kleiza and the 20th pick.

IMO I dont mind the trade kleiza is an ok player he probably cant get much better. But he is a nice role player. The 20th pick would be more of help cause the grizz could just take the guy that they want as opposed to hoping for him to drop.

The nuggets get a promising point guard. He is very quick, a good ball handler, great defensive iq. He just needs to make better decisions off the dribble. He often tries to create something but usually gets himself in a jam. The 28th pick would still allow you to get a decent player.

What do you guys think of the trade rumor?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Trade rumors?

as far as i can tell from the way i read the story- you just made up the kleiza part- i saw lowry and 28 for 20, wich i like a little (depending on who is stillavailable)

there is no chance that the nugs would swap kleiza for lowry and move down 8 spots- i think lowry and #5 is closer for lk & #20

my own personal dream trade between the nugs and grizz is

grizz get- kleiza, iverson, and 2-3 picks

nugs get- lowry, m miller, cardinal, pick #5

kleiza and moving down for lowry?- not a chance
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

would you all like any of these trades? for the nuggets and the other team
iverson, camby& klieza for billups, & rasheed wallace

iverson& camby for kidd & dampier- do the mavs do this with some picks? or would it take kleiza? i really think they would love the camby/dampier swap

kleiza & camby for bargnani & a contract- imo bargnani could be the perfect complement to carmelo- the outside/in pf w a 3 point shot- i believe bargnani would be great in denver- toronto is supposedly wanting to get better at sf & c so...??

iverson & camby for marion & marcus banks- if the heat dont trade out of the #2 spot dont they have to make room for beasley- iverson, wade, beasley, & camby gives them better balance than wade, marion, beasley- would kleiza have to be included in this deal?

do any of you like any of these deals or an iverson- mike miller& cardinal deal?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
as far as i can tell from the way i read the story- you just made up the kleiza part- i saw lowry and 28 for 20, wich i like a little (depending on who is stillavailable)

there is no chance that the nugs would swap kleiza for lowry and move down 8 spots- i think lowry and #5 is closer for lk & #20

my own personal dream trade between the nugs and grizz is

grizz get- kleiza, iverson, and 2-3 picks

nugs get- lowry, m miller, cardinal, pick #5

kleiza and moving down for lowry?- not a chance

Didnt make up the kleiza part man., It was on espn.com yeasterday. It caused alot of buzz apparently. So there has to be some truth to it.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Quote:
Rocky Mountain News:
A source said the Nuggets are deep in negotiations to play Toronto in an October preseason game in Edmonton, Alberta. . . . With trade rumors heating up leading to the draft Thursday, ESPN reported the Nuggets have discussed sending forward Linas Kleiza and the 20th pick to Memphis for point guard Kyle Lowry and the No. 28 pick. Denver had interest in Lowry before the trade deadline in February.

What makes anyone think we are going to move Kleiza/20th pick for Lowry/28th pick? We didn't even have the balls to move Kleiza for Artest during the trade deadline last year, what makes them think we are going to move back in the draft and lose a promising core player?

I think this is a bad move for the Nuggets. In one of my threads that I had of what the Nuggets should NOT DO in the offseason trading down the draft board was one of them. Lowry is a great player, but his decisions with the ball can cause turnovers especially for a team that likes to play offense. I'd like to get Mike Miller from Memphis, but I doubt that is going to happen.

There are only six teams I feel that the Nuggets may make a deal with, they are: Memphis, Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Miami, and Dallas.

The least likely trade is with Dallas and the mostly likely trade is between Memphis, Detroit, and Miami.

I hope to get either/or:
Hinrich from Chicago.
Millier from Memphis.
Marion from Miami.
Billups from Detroit.
Dampier from Dallas.
Bargnani from Toronto.

Personally I wouldn't trade down, the only way for me to accept this is if we get one of those guys I listed above or a high caliber player, or draft up on the boards.

To me I'm not sure if the Nuggets will trade Iverson, if they do it will surprise me. If we do trade Iverson I think it would be nice because we could get a good value player for him just like CaptainOwlClub listed.

Last edited by Mile High Crew : 06-20-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

So as fans of the nuggets you dont want to trade down? Then who do you want to get with the 20th pick. Because you arent gonna find a point guard that is as good as lowry past the tenth pick. The nuggs main need is a point. So I would like to know what you want to draft at the 20th pick that you couldnt get with the 28th pick.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #7
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

i think there could be intrest in the lowry and moving down trade- i just dont think that klieza being involved is at all realistic- i see that you didnt make it up but still, like said above the nugs could have had artest for kleiza & najera - so kleiza and down for lowry? 0% chance

lowry & 28 for pick #20? i like that trade idea alot

is memphis targeting a c at 20? i could see the value in being around 20 for guys like hibbert, ajinca, or even lopez- i would like those picks for nugs even but ajinca & hibbert will be gone imo & maybe lopez too-

is memphis really going to pick kevin love at 5? im still thinking they will take randolph- brook lopez?
Old 06-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

Memphis no longer needs a center. They are going to sign marc gasol. Which means that they will have darko and gasol. They want to to draft courtney lee but they think the magic will take him at 22.

If you remember before the gasol trade that the bulls were willing to offer a pick gordon and pj brown. The grizz passed on that and instead got a much worse deal. The nuggs maybe didnt want artes because for obvious reasons(he is insane). Or maybe the nuggs organization knows that their window to win a ring is closing fast and need to make drastic moves.

I dont know it was just a rumor.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #9
Geandily
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
So as fans of the nuggets you dont want to trade down? Then who do you want to get with the 20th pick. Because you arent gonna find a point guard that is as good as lowry past the tenth pick. The nuggs main need is a point. So I would like to know what you want to draft at the 20th pick that you couldnt get with the 28th pick.

Because the Nuggets are looking to make an immediate championship push it seems to me like they would like to pick up one more impact player and trading down doesn't really seem to go with that.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #10
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

good luck w getting courtney lee- my mock drafts are always off but i have him going 11 to the pacers- of course i was convinced memphis shoud take rodney stuckey at pick 4 and they went conley jr.

i would like the nuggets to take lee if available at 20 - i am praying we don end up with dj augustine- i believe lee could play pg for nuggets current roster- i am very interested where lee goes- i thought orlando's perfect pick was lester hudson & then he went back- for lee i think it depends how fast the gaurds go
-rose-1
-oj mayo3-?
-bayless3-5
-3- hopefully nug trade
e gordon- the key pick because i really do think lee shoule be the next off the board -gordon 6-12?
Old 06-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

I dont think lee goes befor 20. Alot of mock drafts have him falling into the second round which I know isnt true. He will go 18-25 range.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Because the Nuggets are looking to make an immediate championship push it seems to me like they would like to pick up one more impact player and trading down doesn't really seem to go with that.

Wow do you really think that the nugggs are gonna fid the impact player needed at number 20 in this draft? No player taking with the 20th pick has ever become an impact star level player. If you want a ring I would trade the pick and package some players together and maybe trade for marion or another available star.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #13
shaoyut
National High School Star

you guys could of got artest last year for linas and some other guys
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: