Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-26-2008, 09:26 AM   #16
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Roy Hibbert - The Real Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfacts
I don't like the Zydrunas Ilgauskus comparison because Roy is a better defender and will be a better post player. Big Z has a good jump shot.

I also don't like people labeling him a "backup center". Jason Collins started for the Nets for years and he was THE WORST CENTER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD (I am sorry for that outburst, but I was a Nets fan for so long and he was the weakness that we never could get rid of, and believe me, I tried

Also, why is Robin Lopez rated higher than Roy? I can understand Brook's higher rating (although if you look at percentages, Roy and him are even), but Robin?
I think this will be a surprise draft, with people going places where no "mock draft" ever conceived of them going. I just hope Roy goes someplace where he gets alot of playing time or a place like San Antonio where he could be tutored by Tim Duncan.
You wouldn't want him in SA...that means I win the bet of whether he goes top 15 or bottom 15.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #17
jtfacts
I airball my layups

jtfacts has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
You wouldn't want him in SA...that means I win the bet of whether he goes top 15 or bottom 15.

Not necessarily; Hibbert can go in the top 15 and get traded to San Antonio. The do need a big man to backup one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE PLAYERS in Tim Duncan - who is getting older.
jtfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Not necessarily; Hibbert can go in the top 15 and get traded to San Antonio. The do need a big man to backup one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE PLAYERS in Tim Duncan - who is getting older.
I really don't think San Antonio has the assets to trade up 11 picks or more. The only players they'd be willing to get rid of--Michael Finley, Brent Barry, Robert Horry, Oberto, Thomas, Bonner, etc. --are not going to entertain anyone in the top 15.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #19
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
I really don't think San Antonio has the assets to trade up 11 picks or more. The only players they'd be willing to get rid of--Michael Finley, Brent Barry, Robert Horry, Oberto, Thomas, Bonner, etc. --are not going to entertain anyone in the top 15.

I agree. Unless it's for several future picks, it's not going to happen.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #20
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

i went to georgetown and was one year ahead of hibbert (i was class of '07, he was '08) and i think whoever drafts him will be pleased. he works VERY hard (he could barely dribble when he was a freshman), and is a great guy and teammate. he is also GIGANTIC. i've stood next to him before... yeahhhh he makes me feel REALLY short and i'm 6'2.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
Anti404
WHY SO SERIOUS

Anti404 has an OK reputation so far

Hibbert was easily one of my favorite college players the last two seasons. I think he'll end up as the best center in the draft, and very possibly the best big man overall. However, he'll be limited to slowly paced teams and probably about 28-30MPG. He's an enormous player and a true center.
Anti404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #22
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

jtfacts,I hate to say I told you so
Old 06-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #23
jtfacts
I airball my layups

You were right. Phoenix rated Robin Lopez higher than Hibbert. Incredible. I hope Big Roy goes to Utah now.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #24
jtfacts
I airball my layups

Hey Posterize I was only off by 2 (and he is better than Robin Lopez, where he should have went).
Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #25
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Hey Posterize I was only off by 2 (and he is better than Robin Lopez, where he should have went).
2 aint bad. he's a better fit in indy than phx anyway
Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #26
jtfacts
I airball my layups

Quote:
2 aint bad. he's a better fit in indy than phx anyway

Agreed.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #27
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

jtfacts, eat up my boy

Old 06-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #28
jtfacts
I airball my layups

Old 06-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #29
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope he would follow in the footsteps of Patrick Ewing, Dikembe Mutombo, and Alonzo Mourning.

Hibbert is a legit 7 footer, and i think he can be as good as Andrew Bynum if he can work on improving his offense, and rebounding.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: