Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default Pax, PLEASE trade Larry Hughes!! Check this link..

Copy and paste!!

http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakin...ybadshots.com/

MUST READ THE TOP TWO LINKS UNDER "Greatest Hits" on the right side of page..HILARIOUS! The first one is a letter to Rod Thorn, the second is about Peralta lending contacts to Larry Hughes. Check it out!!

http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakin...itten3_513.jpg LMFAO!!!

LOL..I thought it was funny. Some of you don't care...but if you're reading this, you might. I think Hughes is a bad fit for the Bulls. I'd rather have Thabo get all those minutes that Hughes will eat up. Hughes came in and made some dumb comments. He's acting as though HE was a big reason they made it to the Finals with the Cavs. He wasn't. I'd rather have Gordon..with NO D....then Larry with better D. Nothing about Larry's game scares other teams. We all know what Gordon does best..shoot the rock! Hughes gets paid too much...Gordon wants to get paid too much...but I'd still rather have Gordon. Trade Hughes, who's LARGE contract expires the same time Lebron's does, and trade him to a team that seriously thinks they have a chance at Lebron. Then, start Sefolosha next to Rose, or start Gordon..I don't care...just get rid of Larry Hughes. He has skills, but his head is too big. I actually LOVE watching him play D...his defensive stance is near perfect...but sometimes he doesn't move well when he's picked. He's athletic....has a decent jumper...but I don't think he's a good fit for the Bulls. Not when you have a cheaper Sefolosha who needs playing time AND deserves playing time. Someone has to go...Hinrich, Hughes or Gordon. I hope it's Hughes or Hinrich. Go Bulls!!

Last edited by vmdv12 : 06-20-2008 at 07:43 PM.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default Re: Pax, PLEASE trade Larry Hughes!! Check this link..

Gordon is a RFA, which means if he gets an offer...Chicago has to match it to keep him, unless he comes back to play for less. He is likely gone if he turned down a 10 million dollar a year contract at the start of the season.

I agree with getting rid of Hughes though, Kirk could easily put up better numbers than he can playing the 2 guard, not to mention still guard the better offensive guard. And also Kirk can still backup the point if Rose is picked.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

which would you rather have, larry hughes or ben wallace? larry will do more for chicago next season as a scorer off the bench than ben wallace would do as strictly defensive big taking minutes away from joakim and tyrus.

its not like Paxson can trade Larry anyways. he has to wait until he becomes an expirer.

Last edited by final.wrath : 06-20-2008 at 08:09 PM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

I agree that the Bulls are better off without Hughes, but as the other guy said, it was part of a deal to get rid of Wallace. That was a huge step in the right direction for the Bulls.

I feel the Bulls parting ways with Gordon should be just as important as deleting Hughes from the roster.. The only difference is that Gordon will be easier to unload in a sign-and-trade deal than Hughes.

Gordon is good shooter, but his lack of height for the guard postition stifles his success against most opposing 2's. There are other teams with players that score consistently enough that they can deal with that risk. The Bulls are not in that same situation and would be best served by getting out this summer.

Hinrich had a bad season and is getting dissed too much. If there is an "oh my gawd, this is such an awesome trade" on the table, then make the deal. Otherwise the Bulls should keep Kirk.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 06-21-2008 at 03:38 AM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
I agree that the Bulls are better off without Hughes, but as the other guy said, it was part of a deal to get rid of Wallace. That was a huge step in the right direction for the Bulls.

I feel the Bulls should parting ways with Gordon should be just as important as deleting Hughes from the roster.. The only difference is that Gordon will be easier to unload in a sign-and-trade deal than Hughes.

Gordon is good shooter, but his lack of height for the guard postition stifles his success against most opposing 2's. There are other teams with players that score consistently enough that they can deal with that risk. The Bulls are not in that same situation and would be best served by getting out this summer.

Hinrich had a bad season and is getting dissed too much. If there is an "oh my gawd, this is such an awesome trade" on the table, then make the deal. Otherwise the Bulls should keep Kirk.

I agree with the Kirk thing , unless a good trade comes to the table, Kirk is worth keeping. He had improved every season up until last season where he did horrible - and the main reason I am going to assume is his terrible start.

As for Gordon, a sign and trade I think is very unlikely. Since he is a RFA any team that gives him an offer - Chicago is going to have to match otherwise he can peace out. And I think Gordon is going to take the money over being on Chicago's roster next year after passing up a 10 million a year deal.

And as a Bulls fan that is fine with me. He is a great shooter when he is on, but defensive reasons he is garbage. IMO JJ Redick could put up 20 a night and he is burried on the Magic bench.

But Hughes would be very hard to deal, you are going to have to find another garbage contract. Not worth it...just let him finish out unless Washington wants him back since Gil is gone.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:08 AM   #6
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Hughes will be traded..if not now....at the end of his contract. That is a given. Pax kinda blew it with P.J. Brown's expiring concract. I can't see him doing it again with a 12 MIL contract!!! I hope you guys realize that his CONTRACT..and NOT HUGHES holds the value. Are you guys kidding?? A 12 MIL expiring contract has huge value!! Especially when a team wants to create cap space for Lebron. Lebron and Hughes expire the same year. You can't offer Lebron anything, assuming he tests the market, unless you have cap space. Just like NO ONE can offer Gordon a contract unless they have cap space. SO, by they way, who has cap space to offer Gordon anything??? MAYBE 3 teams??? Do you guys really think Gordon will take the mid level exception??? He already turned down 10 Mil...so I think not. And to say he will sign an offer from some imaginary team that has 10 mil in cap space and say the Bulls will not match and lose him for nothing...Pax would be shot!! LOL!! Gordon can receive more money in a sign and trade..just like Pippen got his money when he was traded to Houston. I see a sign and trade IF he leaves, if not...Hinrich is gone because Hughes will be difficult to trade this year and I can't imagine this team keeping 3 guys who make over 10 mil...AND draft Rose AND have Sefolosha sitting on the bench. Let's be realistic...that's a disaster waiting to happen. Who in God's world would draft Rose with the number one pick in the draft and not play him??? NO TEAM would do that....so....that means Rose will get minutes. Most #1 picks do LOL. So that leaves ONE other guard position. So Hinrich, Gordon, Hughes AND Sefolosha to choose as a second starter, which puts two guys on the BENCH making over 10 mil!!! WOW!!! I smell a trade!!! Don't say that we'll move Thabo or Hughes to get some SF minutes because then it gets worse. We still have Deng, who by the way needs a new contract...and Nocioni..and Tyrus...and Gooden ....and Noah...good Lord have mercy...I smell a big trade or TWO trades. Marion??? O'Neal??? Kirilenko??? Sign and trade for Brand??? Time will tell this tale!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
Deng13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I really think we should just keep hughes and let his contract run out because following the 2010 season we will have a mad salary cap and we can make a serious run for DWADE!

2011 Bulls

PG- Rose
SG- DWADE
SF- DENG
PF- TT
C- Noah

By 2011 TT should be putting up monster numbers and rose should be mature enough....Thats a championship team for sure!!
Deng13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
Paxson 93

get rid of this Hughes bloke... if we can't put him off the bench as a player with more experience helping out. Don't base the Bulls around a SG like hughes. Leave him on the bench to start.. use his experience (I know that sounds stupid) to help with the less experienced.

As for Kirk, he is no shooting guard... I believe it would be great to keep gordon but would be a big ask considering.

KEEP TYRUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (future of the bulls)
Paxson 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
Deng13

There are freckin dwade rumors still going on...check this out

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...rn=nba,8952 0

Now i know its yahoo...and yahoo is always full of crap but man would this be sexy

PG- Kirk/Gordon
Sg- Dwade/Thabo
Sf- Deng/Noc
Pf- Gooden
C- Noah/Gray
Deng13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: