Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #76
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Jamison was measured 6-7 3/4 so probably 6-9 in shoes and Marion was measured at 6-6 1/2 without shoes and 6-7 3/4 in them.

Funny how they arent listed by thier heights without shoes.

Quote:
Then why start the argument in the first place?

Because you wanted to give me height without shoes. Holds no relevance with me. Thus the argument began.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #77
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlie Villanuevas Eyebrows
Posts: 6,971
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Funny how they arent listed by thier heights without shoes.

Actually Marion is listed closer to his height without shoes. His height in shoes would be 6'8".



Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Because you wanted to give me height without shoes. Holds no relevance with me. Thus the argument began.

If the inch doesn't matter then why start the argument?
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:54 PM   #78
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,466
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
If the inch doesn't matter then why start the argument?

Because someone ASSumed it was a problem "He's only 6'7" as one of thier reasons not to draft him.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #79
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlie Villanuevas Eyebrows
Posts: 6,971
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Because someone ASSumed it was a problem "He's only 6'7" as one of thier reasons not to draft him.

I agree it's dumb to say he's 6'7" but then assume for example everyone else is at their barefoot height.

Keep in mind though I know most of the heights without shoes anyway so I'm not looking at him at 6'7" the way most people do. I know he's only an inch or 2 below average size for a PF. He just doesn't seem to play any bigger than his height that's the problem.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #80
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,090
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Bump!
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 AM   #81
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,090
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Heat 94-70 Bulls
Michael Beasley ---- 28 pts, 9 reb on 9-21 shooting
Derrick Rose ---- 10 pts, 4 ast, 5 to on 3-8 shooting
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:43 AM   #82
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,421
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Bump!
Why?

You think the Bulls are gonna regret there decision b/c of 1 poor summer league game?
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:50 AM   #83
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,090
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Why?

You think the Bulls are gonna regret there decision b/c of 1 poor summer league game?

I don't mean Derrick Rose is done. He's still gonna improve into a good PG but Beasley is playing like the GOAT! I believe there's nothing impossible for this guy and he's gonna shock the entire NBA very soon. Remember even the pick of Olajuwon is considered a wrong decision since there was a better player available from that draft class -- Michael Jordan.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 AM   #84
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

It's summer league. Wait until the end of the next season before you say who's the better player. Beasley right now will come in and dominate but Rose will be the better player in a few seasons, IMO.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:04 AM   #85
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,381
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
It's summer league. Wait until the end of the next season before you say who's the better player. Beasley right now will come in and dominate but Rose will be the better player in a few seasons, IMO.

Why couldn't Rose do the same?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:15 AM   #86
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 29,187
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

first let me say i'd have picked beasley over rose every day of the week and twice on draft day if it had been up to me...
but dam guys ...lol
let these guys get some time under their belts before they are judged on who's going to have the better season...
point gaurds are going to score less and turn the ball over more if they are playing the position correctly, they are handling the ball nearly every time down the floor and responsible for getting it into the beasleys of this world hands...
comparing stats of rookies in summer league that play two completly different positions is ridiculous
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:16 AM   #87
Mateo
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

What's really shocking is that people were so down on Beasley because of unspecific "character issues" even though he had one of the best freshman years of all time and a better freshman year than the media darling Kevin Durant.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #88
Collie
Great college starter
 
Collie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,573
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Beasley played better, but people tend to overreact based on summer league. Morrison arguably played better than Brandon Roy in SL, and Ostertag beasted Duncan. Deron looked like **** in SL too.
Collie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:12 AM   #89
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year
 
ukballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,611
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Logging on this morning I knew one philistine would do something like this. Pathetic.

Rose wasn't aggressive enough in that game, too tentative. He gave up the ball to his teamates far too easily, and the few times he did make an aggressive move, he constantly gave his defender fits and earn't himself some free throws virtually every time. I'm looking to him to take over games offensively.

Why the hell are we even comparing a PG and a SF/PF if thats what he's known as?

Rose will obviously have more turnovers as he'll have the ball in his hand a lot of the time. Distributors will usually turn it over more, thats a given, ANY half competent basketball fan should know that.

Give the kid time, it wasn't like it was a disaster, he looked much more assured in the 2nd half anyway.

Seriously, some of these idiots who bump up moronic threads...
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:29 AM   #90
72-10
Good High School Starter
 
72-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DOWNTOWN!
Posts: 905
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
People are getting it severely twisted. Beasley won't be putting up 25 and 12 in the NBA the way he did at K-State. The kid dominated on a mediocre college team with no other legitimate stars, and in three or four years people will be all over him for doing nothing besides scoring, ala Carmelo.

Rose carried his team to the NCAA championship game, a few missed FT's away from the win, and made former scrubs like Chris Douglas-Roberts and Joey Dorsey look like first-round picks in the process.

It's not a contest. Potential franchise point guard vs. potential scoring champ who maybe gets 5 rebounds a game? I'm taking the first one and not looking back.

you took the words out of my mouth
72-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy