Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
dak121
College superstar

Default Any complaints?

PG: Rose/Gordon
SG: Maggette/Gordon
SF: Deng/Sefolosha
PF: Odom/Thomas
C: Noah/Gray

Versatile, able to get easy baskets/free throws, able to run. Not horrible on the defensive end either. And unlike most offseason plans, it can actually happen.

PG: Ford/Gordon
SG: Maggette/Gordon
SF: Deng/Sefolosha
PF: Beasley/Thomas
C: Noah/Gooden

Another realistic roster. It's possible if Paxson knows what he's doing.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Default Re: Any complaints?

I think the whole "Bulls should try to get Lamar Odom..." thread explains the complaints on getting Odom.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
drwax26
High School Starter

I dont like odom at the 4 because he doesnt have great post moves and is very suspect around the rim. I love maggette at the two he can shoot and slash. Gooden can actually play and give you 15 and 10. He has a nice lil 15-12 footer as well but i want to see him on the block 90% of the time.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
Paxson 93
Can barely lace up my sneakers

no complaints....

Odom has problems with consistency at the lakers, but surround him with another group of players and his inconsistency should become a thing of the past...
good idea if Pax could pull it off...
Paxson 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
drwax26
High School Starter

Perfect Bulls team

Trade Hinrich and Nocioni for corey maggette. Sign Ricky Davis.

Starters
Rose-Creator, slasher, decent shooter, wants to make others better
Maggette-shooter and slasher
Deng-shooter, good defense
Gooden- give you 15 and 10 every night big body
Noah- Passion and energy rebounding and blocking

Subs-
Gordon- prolific scorer
Sefolosha- good defense can shoot the open shot and blocks
Ricky Davis- Can shoot the open 3 enough said
TT-decent shooter, shot blocker, rebounder
Aaron Gray- BIG body decent post move

Tell me how many teams would have a better 1-10 and what do you think?
Old 06-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #6
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Perfect Bulls team

Trade Hinrich and Nocioni for corey maggette. Sign Ricky Davis.

Starters
Rose-Creator, slasher, decent shooter, wants to make others better
Maggette-shooter and slasher
Deng-shooter, good defense
Gooden- give you 15 and 10 every night big body
Noah- Passion and energy rebounding and blocking

Subs-
Gordon- prolific scorer
Sefolosha- good defense can shoot the open shot and blocks
Ricky Davis- Can shoot the open 3 enough said
TT-decent shooter, shot blocker, rebounder
Aaron Gray- BIG body decent post move

Tell me how many teams would have a better 1-10 and what do you think?

Sorry, but I'd take Hinrich and Nocioni over Maggette and Davis any day!!! They are already 10 deep with TT and Gooden at the 4, Noah and Gray at the 5, Deng and Nocioni at the 3, Gordon and Sefolosha at the 2 and Hinrich and Rose (if drafted) at the one. PLUS..we still have Hughes on top of it. So why mess up chemistry for two guys who haven't done anything and for two guys that won't help getting deep into the playoffs. I want the Bulls to get rid of Hughes, but I'd rather have him then Maggette. Davis??? Why??? I don't get it.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:28 AM   #7
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

I like the second team better but how are we going to get Maggette and how are we going to get Ford?

Sorry but Chicago took Hinrich over Ford in the draft...and Hinrich doesn't have the severe injury proneness that Ford has with his back and spine.

I'd love to see Maggette on Chicago - but the Bulls could pull it off without giving up Kirk. And I say let Gordon walk because there is a slim chance he will come back if he turned down a 10 million dollar offer at the start of the season.

It MIGHT be possible to get Gordon to agree to a sign and trade to the Clippers and basically trade straight up. Just throw a future pick and a guy like Simmons on top of the deal.

Trading Nocioni would also be something to look into for getting Maggette - I personally thing that would be a good trade for both teams. Adding fillers if needed to match salaries.

Hinrich/Curry/Thabo
Maggette/Hughes/Thabo
Deng/Beasley/Thabo
Beasley/Gooden/Tyrus
Noah/Gray/Tyrus

Bringing in a guy like Maggette solves all the problems on the outside - really no point reduction and better defense - releaves Kirk of the harder defensive role. Bringing in Beasley with the first pick solves the big man scoring - he isn't going to do it with his back to the basket - but he is 20 points a night.

And the second team wouldn't even be bad at all...

Curry
Hughes
Thabo
Gooden
Tyrus

4 of those guys could start on 10-15 teams in the NBA.

Would easily be the deepest team in the NBA IMO.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:55 AM   #8
drwax26
High School Starter

Maggette 20 points a game and ricky davis 13 points compared to hinrich 11ppg and nocioni 13ppg. So you are wrong about saying hinrich and noc are better. Maggette gives you a big guard that can actually shoot. Ricky davis deadly from 3 and very athletic and may come cheaper than nocioni. If we can trade larry hughes even though it is very hard. Why trade ben gordon he is only the teams LEADING SCORER. You are going to get rid of a scorer on a team that struggles to score doesnt make much sense to me. Id rather pay gordon over 10mil a yr than hinrich.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Maggette 20 points a game and ricky davis 13 points compared to hinrich 11ppg and nocioni 13ppg. So you are wrong about saying hinrich and noc are better. Maggette gives you a big guard that can actually shoot. Ricky davis deadly from 3 and very athletic and may come cheaper than nocioni. If we can trade larry hughes even though it is very hard. Why trade ben gordon he is only the teams LEADING SCORER. You are going to get rid of a scorer on a team that struggles to score doesnt make much sense to me. Id rather pay gordon over 10mil a yr than hinrich.

You know players play defense and pass the ball too right? It's not just points. If Maggette and Davis are SOOOO good, why do their teams suck? Why trade Gordon? I didn't say they should...I would rather keep him because he can shoot, but over 10 mil a year?? Not sure if I would do that, especially when they still have to re-sign Deng. Davis shoots 4% then Nocioni at 3's....WOW!! Davis and Nocioni shot the same field goal percentage...so, what are you talking about? LOL Nocioni averaged just as much as Davis in 12 less minutes a game. Stats, Stats, Stats!!! Let me guess, you think Davis will come here and average 13 and Maggette will come here and average 20...and Gordon will still average 20...and everyone else will average the same as they did last year...and the Bulls will score 120 points a game...ALL OUTSIDE SHOOTERS. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Hinrich is a point guard ....DUH.....I sure would hope Maggette who is a SHOOTING GUARD would in fact score more points. What's next....are you going to compare Hinrich and his rebounds to Dwight Howard??? The Bulls already have and overpaid Hughes and have a cheap Sefolosha AND have Gordon who can shoot. Why would they trade for Davis and Maggette?? You make it sound like they are all-stars. You gave me a headache trying to understand that nonsense...goodnight!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #10
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

bottom line... Lakers aren't trading Odom... they want to see what they have with Kobe, Bynum, Odom, Gasol... that is a dynasty right there
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
meanmonster
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
bottom line... Lakers aren't trading Odom... they want to see what they have with Kobe, Bynum, Odom, Gasol... that is a dynasty right there

lol... dynasty? Hardly. Gasol is soft, Bynum is a overhyped Big ... maybe the next Chris Mihm, Odom is good, Kobe is great... Dynasty? Hardly. They couldnt even beat the C's. Boston has a much better shot at 2 in a row than the Lakers do at 1 next season. I know this is a Bulls related board, but a statement like that can go unnoticed. That being said, Odom being traded is not far fetched. The Lakers know they need to add toughness and if they get a good deal...they'll do it.
meanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

the only trade the bulls need to pull off is one for the 2nd draft pick.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #13
drwax26
High School Starter

I agree with meanmonster. I think having bynum next to gasol will make him better cause bynum plays more on the block. Odom likes to handle and roam around but is a beast at rebounding. He is a 3 that is not good at shooting or a 4 that doesnt have a lot of post moves. The lakers should trade odom for ron artest like i saw in another forum and they get outside shooting, DEFENSE and a rebounder because he is the definition of a 3 and put vlad on the bench.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #14
ryno14
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
I dont like odom at the 4 because he doesnt have great post moves and is very suspect around the rim. I love maggette at the two he can shoot and slash. Gooden can actually play and give you 15 and 10. He has a nice lil 15-12 footer as well but i want to see him on the block 90% of the time.

Why do you think Gooden will give you 15 and 10? Between 2 teams last year he averaged 12 and 8 for the season, while in LA Lamar Odom averaged 14 and 10 (the numbers you want). I like Gooden and if he stays he should start, but I would rather have Odom if we could get him. The stats don't lie, and his passing game is better than Gooden's (Odom was 2nd on the Lakers in assists).
ryno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:58 PM   #15
drwax26
High School Starter

But odom is not worth that salary and is not mentally tough. With the lack of scoring on the bulls gooden can easily average 3 more points and 2 more rebounds its not that hard. We have noah who is very young but a decent passer in the post.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: