Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Chris-Doulgas Roberts

I just found out he shoots 53% from the field.. and 41% form the 3pt-line. Thats pretty insane considerin the fact he scores 18 ppg.

i would be shocked if no one took him at the 15-20 range.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Chris-Doulgas Roberts

CDR is one of the best shooters in the draft. The thing that worries people is that a lot of his shots were wild, contested shots, that most people wouldn't be able to make. I think that is a skill because he actually used them as a weapon, but most people considered them to be bad shots. The other big thing is that he is skinny, weak, and an average athlete. A lot of people think that he will have a hard time getting to the hoop and getting good shots against bigger NBA defenders. That would turn him into just a jump shooter. Looking at him, though, I think he could add 15 to 20 pounds over the course of the next three seasons or so.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

If either Rush or Speights arent there at 21, Nets will glady take CDR.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Average athelete? Wow did you even watch him play over the last three seasons at memphis. He is a scorer flat out. He has an unorthodox style. But thats his game. He finds ways to beat opponents. He can finish with both hands and he finishes plays after fouls. He was a first team all american. He will probably at best be a good role player in the nba. But he is a steal if drafted in the twenties and further along in the draft.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just hope the cavs take him. If not i'll settle for Rush or Donte
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
I just found out he shoots 53% from the field.. and 41% form the 3pt-line. Thats pretty insane considerin the fact he scores 18 ppg.

i would be shocked if no one took him at the 15-20 range.
I wouldn't look into his stats that far. He was consistent from 3 bot not really a guy who was draining them a bunch every game. His fg% is boosted by the Memphis offense as it gets a lot of fast break points (layups). A lot of his halfcourt offensive shots come from little flip shots in the paint. Not a guy who's going to spot up somewhere for a shot or a catch and shoot guy. More of a creator with the ball. His shots are really tricky and surprise you when they go in...but that's his game.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
I just hope the cavs take him. If not i'll settle for Rush or Donte
CDR would be good for them. They need someone who can create his own shot besides lebron.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

This vid really shows you how his game is

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QqB9jTYehe8

not so much this, but damn...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=A3keELF6_Ns&feature=related
Old 06-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I really like comparing him to rip hamilton. Not because they both have good jumpers. Because rip has a way better shot. BUt because both are skinny two guards. Both guys run all game and play hard defense. CDR is a little longer abd rip runs off screen better. But in terms of physical tools they both possess aot of the same qualities. Cdr wont be an allstar but he will be effective at the next level.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:55 AM   #10
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Jailer, please don't take my comments as a bad thing, as I have been complimenting him a lot over the last month, especially on his ability to handle the ball so that he can play SG in the NBA. Just pointing out the flipside of CDR's numbers. And for an NBA SG he is an average athlete. He is weak and really has a way to go before he can handle driving the lane in the NBA (but as I also said, he will be able to gain some weight). That is a major drawback. He can run and jump, but that doesn't make you a great athlete overall. He will also get pushed around on defense some at first when he goes up against bigger SG. But overall, he is my #2 pick for Houston behind Batum because I think he will be able to come off the bench right away and score when the team is struggling when T-Mac goes down. I really, really like him. If I was their GM, I would be giving him a long look at 14 for the Warriors because of their FA situation and because Jackson is one gunfight away from being out of the league.

Posterize, you explain his game so much better than I can. I just say he takes shots that look wild, but are part of his game. They remind me a lot of Hansbrough's little flip shots he takes. It is a great asset to have when he is matched up against a good defender.

In the end, CDR has some drawbacks, but nothing that can't be fixed in a couple years. The things he does do well are essential for NBA SG, which is a huge help for a team that wants to draft him. He is like buying a really comfy couch, but can get even better after a little work until it is broken in. The wall is built, there are just a few holes to patch up.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #11
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Cdr Is A Beast And Will Be Like The Second Coming Of Josh Howard
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #12
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm surprised his stock is so low, considering he played next to Rose during the NCAA tourney. If anything, I would have expected his stock along with Rose(who did rise) to drastically increase. If he adds more control to his game, I see him being a steal, and a big time player.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: