Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 06-22-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Experts predict Spurs' draft picks

Quote:
SpursReport.Com
Sunday, June 22, 2008

With several of the team's long-time contributors starting to show their age, it's time for the Spurs to take on an infusion of youth- even if most of them end up developing with their NBDL Toros team.

The consensus as to who they will draft? Well, there is none now. Not even the Spurs know who they will take right now. They have a very good idea of who they'd like to draft, but that player may or may not be available when their turn comes up.

One thing that is exciting is that this appears to be a very deep draft, so even though the Spurs pick late, but there will be some good finds. If they manage to move up- which there have been rumors they are trying to do- then it might make it a very important and exciting draft for the franchise.

CHECK OUT THE VIDEOS WITH THIS LINK
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
marny_navis
Banned

Default Re: Experts predict Spurs' draft picks

I hope we end up with Serge Ibaka of Congo, I hear he has a lot of potential. Chris Douglas-Roberts is another name I've heard mentioned, and Jason Thompson at one time was projected in our range, but I think his stock has soared recently; Andy Katz was talking about him going as high as late lottery. We've got three picks, we'll probably use at least two of them on international prospects to let rot overseas never to play for us (i.e. Luis Scola, Tiago Splitter). I can imagine us going with CDR or a foreign big man (think Alexis Ajinca, Serge Ibaka, Ante Tomic, etc.), and take international players or high basketball I.Q. guys with our 2nd round picks.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

If we draft an international player this year, they better be in a Spurs uniform come next season. I don't want to see us draft another kid that will play for us in 2-3 years or never play for us at all. If it came down to Douglas-Roberts or Rush as opposed to another international player that isn't going to play for us next season, please take either Rush or Douglas-Roberts.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
PEN 16
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
If we draft an international player this year, they better be in a Spurs uniform come next season. I don't want to see us draft another kid that will play for us in 2-3 years or never play for us at all. If it came down to Douglas-Roberts or Rush as opposed to another international player that isn't going to play for us next season, please take either Rush or Douglas-Roberts.

That's pretty wishful thinking. At #26, it's very hard to find a player that will be ready the upcoming season. Rush is likely going to be long gone by the time we pick, and CDR could be gone as well. I think we're going to end up with an Ante Tomic type of guy and have him stay overseas or play D-League for a while. I doubt we are able to get a guy that will be ready next year this late in the first round. We'll use free agency to find players that will give us an immediate impact.
PEN 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: