Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default OT: Will EA Sports realize that Live is absolute garbage?

Honestly, I cannot stand to play more than 5 minutes of this game at a time. It's filled with frustrating bugs(such as computers don't make substitutions based on their f*cking stamina), the non-existent stealing ability(you must have to press 'x' 10,000 times before it attempts a pass interception...), the horrible computers that has Eric Snow shoot 34 FG attempts while Lebron shoots 8, and the horrid gameplay.

I don't want a f*cking 'superstar' mode where you can do awesome unrealistic dunks, I wanted to play a goddamn basketball game.

I got it for free and I think I'm going to throw it in the trash anyway.

Anyway, despite that mindless rant, does EA actually realize everyone thinks this product sucks? Any news that they will fire the whole Live department and bring in people that know what they are doing?

They just need to start from scratch...
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: Will EA Sports realize that Live is absolute garbage?

I'm sure they know it sucks, but they market the hell out of it. They don't need to put the effort to improve the game if people keep buying it.
thekavorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Buy 2k next time it is way better.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man

bumpyknucks is considered somewhat coolbumpyknucks is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Buy 2k next time it is way better.

Its tough for me to play 2k because Im so used to live. Its the same with Madden, the 2K game just seems like a copy to me. I know this isnt the way it is, but I guess its just what youre used to.
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyknucks
Its tough for me to play 2k because Im so used to live. Its the same with Madden, the 2K game just seems like a copy to me. I know this isnt the way it is, but I guess its just what youre used to.

It was like that for me too when i first started playing 2k but know that i do i cant even play Live anymore because it is complete garabage.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
tenzan
I hit open layups

tenzan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekavorka
They don't need to put the effort to improve the game if people keep buying it.

Aye, why should they improve it when peeps keep buying it every year?
tenzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

RagingBull33 has decent reputationRagingBull33 has decent reputation

The 2k games beat EA's by miles.
In 2k games, the flow of the game seems more realistic, people are getting realistic averages (not TJ Ford and other PG's putting up 35 a night, like in a season of Live i played), better shooting system, and overall, just a better game.

Did I mention that it realeses $20 cheaper than Live?
RagingBull33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

2KSports franchise sh!ts all over EA's Live. That goes for pretty much every sport they've released. Live is just hogwashed garbage, over and over every single year. They sell units because of the "Live" name. 2K exceeds expectations with every new release. And they actually listen to fan suggestions.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #9
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Honestly, I cannot stand to play more than 5 minutes of this game at a time. It's filled with frustrating bugs(such as computers don't make substitutions based on their f*cking stamina), the non-existent stealing ability(you must have to press 'x' 10,000 times before it attempts a pass interception...), the horrible computers that has Eric Snow shoot 34 FG attempts while Lebron shoots 8, and the horrid gameplay.

I don't want a f*cking 'superstar' mode where you can do awesome unrealistic dunks, I wanted to play a goddamn basketball game.

I got it for free and I think I'm going to throw it in the trash anyway.

Anyway, despite that mindless rant, does EA actually realize everyone thinks this product sucks? Any news that they will fire the whole Live department and bring in people that know what they are doing?

They just need to start from scratch...

Considering NBA Live gets exponentially worse every single year, the answer is "No, EA Sports will not realize that Live is absolute garbage, and will continue to churn out an even buggier and unrealistic piece of flaming sh&t next year."

I predict that in Live 08, we'll get an UltrasuperstarMode so that now, Lebron James and company can do halfcourt flying tomahawk reverse windmill dunks through traffic
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #10
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

is it worth buying 2k7 for ps2? and how much does it cost right now?
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #11
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

RagingBull33 has decent reputationRagingBull33 has decent reputation

Definately worth it, the best Bball game ever, IMO.
For PS2, it's $20.
RagingBull33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #12
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

live>2k

in sales
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #13
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
live>2k

in sales
This year?!? That's a joke.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #14
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
you must have to press 'x' 10,000 times before it attempts a pass interception...
Just about everytime I do that, I get called for a reach. It is pretty annoying.
06>05>07
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #15
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
This year?!? That's a joke.

every year.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: