Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board
Default Lamenting your team's dumb moves

do you ever look at your favorite nba team's roster and see "why did we pick xxx?", "i can't believe we traded xxx", "why did we pass on xxx?" etc. I am sure everyone has, and its terrible to do.

my teams are the wizards and celtics (i grew up outside of dc but my parents and extended family are from boston). although i can't complain much about the celtics this year, there are still some moves i remember saying "what were they thinking?!"

celtics:
why did you trade joe johnson after drafting him for tony delk and rodney rogers?

chauncey billups for kenny anderson? seriously???

drafting ron mercer over tracy mcgrady...

drafting joe forte over tony parker... (shoots self)

hiring rick pitino...

wizards:
NEVER should have traded tom gugliotta and THREE first round draft picks for chris webber. googs was good after he left the bullets and only injuries derailed him and losing 3 early picks KILLED the wizards (no first round pick in 1996, 1997, 1998, or 2000)

once they did trade for webber... trading him for mitch richmond... NEVER trade a young big guy for an old small guy... its common sense, wes unseld.

trading rasheed wallace for rod strickland...

trading ben wallace for issac austin...

trading richard hamilton for jerry stackhouse... (so basically the wizards could have been the pistons if they weren't incompetent)

(a lonnnng time ago) drafting forward kenny green 12th overall in the 1985 nba draft. yeah... kenny green played 60 career games and had 265 career points... the player drafted only 1 pick behind green, had 36,663 MORE points then green... karl malone. bullets management... use what your team name used to be named after and... well yeah...

and drafting friggin' kwame brown... they made up for it by trading him for caron butler, but seriously... (side note... kwame brown has been traded for caron butler AND pau gasol... i will just let you digest that one for a minute)

anyway, everyone knows there team better... lets hear some rants and raves about your teams dumb moves. i am sure there will be PLENTY to choose from. a good chance to vent and think of "what could have been?" if things had been done right. granted, hindsight is 20/20... but some moves are dumb right from the start (gasol trade, richmond for webber, any trade involving kwame brown)...

ready to hear some rants...
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lamenting your team's dumb moves

Freaking Kings letting Gerald Wallace go unprotected in the expansion draft.

Freaking Kings firing Rick Adleman and hiring Mussleman.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ill pretend im a piston fan and am mad they picked Darko.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:48 PM   #4
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

The suns fans can write a 3 page essay on this topic for the last few years.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
Heat's Finest
I brick open layups

Heat's Finest has an OK reputation so far

The Heat letting Kapono go for nothing. Same with Posey.
Heat's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #6
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Remember when Indiana was a contender in 2005 and then there was that minor event at the Palace? Yeah. That's when things got crazy and the upper management panicked and traded Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington for...Mike Dunleavy Jr. and Troy Hudson? Ouch. The funny thing is that Dunleavy turned out to be halfway decent. But the Pacers have been on a downward slope ever since, especially when JO turned into Jermaine "The Drain", Miller retired, and Tinsley started to get shot at/take half the year off.

Of course, without that the Mavericks might advance past the first round in 2007. So Dirk should be blaming Artest for all this.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sixers...
Hiring Randy Ayers...
drafting shawn bradley over jamal mashburn, penny hardaway, etc.
signing samuel dalembert, willie green, kyle korver to overpaid contracts
siging calvin booth last summer and giving him a player option for this year
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
June1026
Hong 1026

June1026 has an OK reputation so far

Rockets

Rudy Gay + some pick for Battier, I mean I respect Battier and all, but look at now, the Rockets could've had one of the best trios in the league... and Gay would've sold way more jerseys with the Asian market exposure (99% of them dont know what the back of their jersey says).
June1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:18 PM   #9
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sam Freakin Bowie
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

I'm a Raptors fan...so I will try hard to just narrow it down to a few.

Arujao over every other first round player in that draft.
Trading T-mac away.
Not trading Carter earlier before he tanked his value.
Joey Graham.
Employing Sam Mitchel...then getting trapped into keeping him with a unearned COY award.
I suppose we should have taken Rudy Gay over Bargs...but I still have faith he will be a good player.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:31 PM   #11
ween0t
I brick open layups

ween0t has an OK reputation so far

lol warriors... too many to list.
ween0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:35 PM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Andrea Bargnani draft pick is slowly eating away at my soul.

When one talks about the Raptors "core", it's pretty much Bosh + either Ford or Calderon. You can't even reasonably include the FIRST OVERALL PICK in that because he has been so awful. The Raptors have needed legit talent on the wings for a while now and after passing up Iguodala, Granger and now Gay... it's really getting to me. Even if they wanted to go big why not just take Aldridge?!?!

Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #13
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sigh, as a cavs fan there is soo many
signing larry hughes was terrible.
drafting luke jackson... actually like 90% of our draft picks have sucked.

and of course trading our '07 first round pick to Boston for Jiri Welsch... then we traded Jiri to Milwaukee for their '06 2nd round pick. so basically we traded a 1st round pick for a 2nd round one. (on a side note, that picked turned into boobie gibson which was a good pick, however with that 1st round pick in 07 we could have gotten Rudy Fernandez/Aaron Brooks/Arron Afflalo/Carl Landry or at least traded it for an established player...)
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #14
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

im gonna preemptively lament the fact that Elgin Baylor and Clippers brass will do nothing notable to bolster our backcourt this offseason
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:21 AM   #15
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: Lamenting your team's dumb moves

The Kidd trade. I guess it still has a chance to workout though.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: