Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Can You Build A Team Around Devin Harris?

Because Nets fans certainly think you could with Harris as the 2nd option.

Devin Harris isn't even a Top 10 PG in the NBA,and Jason Kidd still is more effective than Harris yet he's 9 years older than Kidd.

How the **** New Jersey fans feel they got a steal in the Jason Kidd trade is beyond homerness.

Devin Harris-Solid PG
Desagna Diop-Defensive big man currently a Free Agent
Trenton Hassell-$4 Million due in each of the next 2 seasons
Maurice Ager-Bust
Keith Van Horn-Contract
$3 Million-To sign who?
2008 1st Round Pick #21-Is there even value there?
2010 1st Round Pick-Higher than 20

Nets Fans:
How the **** did Dallas get robbed in that trade other than the fact that Avery Johnson poorly utilized Jason Kidd when he had him,but you're talking about a PG at 34 that was the only All Star from your team,and is a $19 Million Dollar expirer at the end of next season.

Nets got nothing out of the deal for their Franchise's best player of the last 1/4 a century.Someone please argue for Buck Williams or Derrick Coleman.

Yet you get nothing out of the deal other than Devin Harris,JaVale McGee(?),and a 2010 1st Rounder.

Yet your team has $28 Million tied into your 2 "star" players next season but neither are capable of together leading a team to the Playoffs.

Vince Carter has what left in his tank?

I can't believe there was a poster who made an excuse about Carter putting up Triple Doubles 3 years ago like what the **** does that mean,Carter is on the decline in his career and he's gone from being one of the most popular players in the NBA to a guy nobody can remember what team he's playing for.

How does Chicago not have a bright future,did you not learn from Boston of last year who put draft picks and contracts around Paul Pierce and although they sucked,the value of each grew to the point they could acquire both Ray Allen and KG and then keep some of their young talent to serve as role players on their Championship team.

Chicago's young talent has as much value if not more than Boston's young talent,the only thing Chicago lacks were the huge expirers of Wally Z and Theo.

As I've said before it's better to be a 10th seed or lower and build depth with draft picks and hope they can contribute enough to either become a scoring option on the team or to show enough flashes that they could be highly valuable in a trade.

You're not going anywhere with VC and you're not going to get a deal any better than the Ray Allen deal for him due to VC's stupid contract.Of course you could get Jermaine O'Neal but Indiana doesn't need VC.

And I don't hate the New Jersey Nets,I'm just telling how I see it.

I personally hate the Boston Celtics.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Can You Build A Team Around Devin Harris?

Stop making new threads about the same thing.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star

Joey3000 has not been impressing people

build a team around who?
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

No. No, you cannot build a team around Devin Harris. Unless it's a d-league team, then maybe.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't recall anyone from the Nets or anyone involved/reporting on the trade ever saying Nets 'can' build a team around Devin Harris or were going to try to either. I recall Rod Thorn saying he was one of the rising young point guards in the league, and that he still has some upside. The trade did give them some future firsts (ok maybe they aren't great picks, but for a rebuilding team most 1st round picks are pretty valuable) and some more roster flexibility.

What benefit would this team have gained from keeping Kidd? He didn't even want to be there. His heart wasn't into the Nets anymore.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
I don't recall anyone from the Nets or anyone involved/reporting on the trade ever saying Nets 'can' build a team around Devin Harris or were going to try to either. I recall Rod Thorn saying he was one of the rising young point guards in the league, and that he still has some upside. The trade did give them some future firsts (ok maybe they aren't great picks, but for a rebuilding team most 1st round picks are pretty valuable) and some more roster flexibility.

What benefit would this team have gained from keeping Kidd? He didn't even want to be there. His heart wasn't into the Nets anymore.
I never said there was a benefit,I just said Kidd is still a better player and is an expirer at the end of the season.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #7
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Stop making new threads about the same thing.
Shut the **** up.

If you don't want to read the thread then don't waste your time posting in it *********.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #8
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Shut the **** up.

If you don't want to read the thread then don't waste your time posting in it *********.
Seriously though...What the hell is wrong with you this morning kid? You wake up ranting.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #9
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Shut the **** up.

Damn man, did somebody kill you're cat this morning? You need to calm that down. Explain to me though when you just started a thread thats still on the front page called "New Jersey Nets:Compete Or Rebuild?" then what is the point of this thread? Every new thought you have doesn't deserve its own thread.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #10
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's a steal because we got a pg 10 years younger than J-Kidd. we could have kept Kidd, he didnt demand a trade he just thought it would be better for both the Nets and himself to move on. Devin has put up CP3 #'s in NJ. A game of 19 and 15 and a Kidd gam where he had 21 7 11 that is pretty good. Also remember that he was inured and since now he is fully recoverd imagine what he can do. we are more of a fast break team than the mavs we dont put him in ios's we let him be free and run the offense.

We have value in the number 21 by getting a decent back up for VC in Bataum or CDR. If we draft 6'11 Darrell Arther who has a J and is a magnificent low post scorer than you all better watch out our team is scary compared to what it could have been. with Kidd aging we could have made the playoffs but what would that come out to losing in the second round again no thanks I am glad we didnt make it now we can build on a young future. Devin will be promising in NJ.

We get expiring contract Diop who was great defensively. We got got 3 mill to lose some cap now we are currentl 5 mill under . KVH's contract is non-garunteed which means we can waive him and lose about 3 mill off so they really gave us 6 mill

Carter has a lot left in him, he showed us he can still Dunk *cough*Mbenga*cough* he also showed us he was still one of 3 player that could average 20-5-5. he was a leader the last couple of games on an injured foot with numbers where he was averaging 28-6-5, he coulda sat out with a sprained ankle and them already out of the playoffs but did he? NO
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Damn man, did somebody kill you're cat this morning? You need to calm that down. Explain to me though when you just started a thread thats still on the front page called "New Jersey Nets:Compete Or Rebuild?" then what is the point of this thread? Every new thought you have doesn't deserve its own thread.
Thank You.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #12
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Seriously though...What the hell is wrong with you this morning kid? You wake up ranting.
Blah,I haven't had my coffee and early morning homerism is disturbing to me.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #13
futurestar35
I airball my layups

futurestar35 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Because Nets fans certainly think you could with Harris as the 2nd option.

Devin Harris isn't even a Top 10 PG in the NBA,and Jason Kidd still is more effective than Harris yet he's 9 years older than Kidd.

How the **** New Jersey fans feel they got a steal in the Jason Kidd trade is beyond homerness.

Devin Harris-Solid PG
Desagna Diop-Defensive big man currently a Free Agent
Trenton Hassell-$4 Million due in each of the next 2 seasons
Maurice Ager-Bust
Keith Van Horn-Contract
$3 Million-To sign who?
2008 1st Round Pick #21-Is there even value there?
2010 1st Round Pick-Higher than 20

Nets Fans:
How the **** did Dallas get robbed in that trade other than the fact that Avery Johnson poorly utilized Jason Kidd when he had him,but you're talking about a PG at 34 that was the only All Star from your team,and is a $19 Million Dollar expirer at the end of next season.

Nets got nothing out of the deal for their Franchise's best player of the last 1/4 a century.Someone please argue for Buck Williams or Derrick Coleman.

Yet you get nothing out of the deal other than Devin Harris,JaVale McGee(?),and a 2010 1st Rounder.

Yet your team has $28 Million tied into your 2 "star" players next season but neither are capable of together leading a team to the Playoffs.

Vince Carter has what left in his tank?

I can't believe there was a poster who made an excuse about Carter putting up Triple Doubles 3 years ago like what the **** does that mean,Carter is on the decline in his career and he's gone from being one of the most popular players in the NBA to a guy nobody can remember what team he's playing for.

How does Chicago not have a bright future,did you not learn from Boston of last year who put draft picks and contracts around Paul Pierce and although they sucked,the value of each grew to the point they could acquire both Ray Allen and KG and then keep some of their young talent to serve as role players on their Championship team.

Chicago's young talent has as much value if not more than Boston's young talent,the only thing Chicago lacks were the huge expirers of Wally Z and Theo.

As I've said before it's better to be a 10th seed or lower and build depth with draft picks and hope they can contribute enough to either become a scoring option on the team or to show enough flashes that they could be highly valuable in a trade.

You're not going anywhere with VC and you're not going to get a deal any better than the Ray Allen deal for him due to VC's stupid contract.Of course you could get Jermaine O'Neal but Indiana doesn't need VC.

And I don't hate the New Jersey Nets,I'm just telling how I see it.

I personally hate the Boston Celtics.

I'm a Mavs fan. I'm sorry I rather have Devin Harris with Diop, then Jason Kidd... Ask any Mavs fan. What do you have against Devin Harris? You've got somethin up your ***.
futurestar35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
It's a steal because we got a pg 10 years younger than J-Kidd. we could have kept Kidd, he didnt demand a trade he just thought it would be better for both the Nets and himself to move on. Devin has put up CP3 #'s in NJ. A game of 19 and 15 and a Kidd gam where he had 21 7 11 that is pretty good. Also remember that he was inured and since now he is fully recoverd imagine what he can do. we are more of a fast break team than the mavs we dont put him in ios's we let him be free and run the offense.
WTF are you talking about that Devin Harris has put up CP3 #'s in New Jersey he averaged 16/7 per game in March and his sprainked ankle was before the Jason Kidd trade in which he missed most of February and was expected to return 2 weeks after his trade yet he missed a week and played his 1st game for New Jersey but in March when he played he played as inconsistent as he did in Dallas.Yes he did have a good 22/15 game against an Indiana team featuring Travis Deiner at PG,but that was coming off of a game in which he went 8/4 while being guarded by Mardy Collins.

He's a volume scoring PG who doesn't have an impact on the game other than his scoring,he averaged over 3 t/o PG with 6 Assists in April.

You believing that he will put up Chris Paul #'s is like believing Danny Granger will put up LeBron James #'s.

Wait,maybe you don't know what CP# averaged last season

21.1 PPG/11.1 APG/2.7 SPG and that t/o average was at 2.5 per game.

CP3 averaged a double double for points and assists almost every game he played unlike Harris who puts up a double double in points in assists only 4 times last season.

Quote:
We have value in the number 21 by getting a decent back up for VC in Bataum or CDR. If we draft 6'11 Darrell Arther who has a J and is a magnificent low post scorer than you all better watch out our team is scary compared to what it could have been. with Kidd aging we could have made the playoffs but what would that come out to losing in the second round again no thanks I am glad we didnt make it now we can build on a young future. Devin will be promising in NJ.
I had an argument a few weeks ago where another member considered the #19 pick to have poor value,if this year's draft class is comparable to last year's draft class then I wouldn't expect much production out of the #21 pick and Batum will for one not be available at #21 and he's under contract with his Euro club until 2009.

CDR going at #21 would be a reach since he's projected between 25-30,and really wouldn't be much of an upgrade over Antoine Wright as a bench player on your team.

Chad Ford reported that it's likely New Jersey promised Danilo at #10,We'll see come draft day.

Quote:
We get expiring contract Diop who was great defensively. We got got 3 mill to lose some cap now we are currentl 5 mill under . KVH's contract is non-garunteed which means we can waive him and lose about 3 mill off so they really gave us 6 mill
Thats great though but sadly it's a poor free agent market and that 5 mill will be gone after re-signing Krisitc.

Quote:
Carter has a lot left in him, he showed us he can still Dunk *cough*Mbenga*cough* he also showed us he was still one of 3 player that could average 20-5-5. he was a leader the last couple of games on an injured foot with numbers where he was averaging 28-6-5, he coulda sat out with a sprained ankle and them already out of the playoffs but did he? NO
You are believing Vince Carter still has some left in the tank off of him dunking over a big african scrub.

You do realize Alonzo Mourning dunked on Mbenga,right?

So did Andrea Bargnani.

**** it,If I were 3 more inches taller I could dunk on Dacos too.

Vince Carter did have a solid season putting up 20/5/5 but so did Tracy McGrady,and it seems both cousins are on the decline in their careers for that they're passing the ball more now because they aren't able to score like they once did.

VC can't be depended on as a #1 option at this point in his career and RJ does nothing but score,how the **** does a 6'7 220 lb homosexual not be able to grab more than 5 RPG.Aren't homosexuals looking for contact with males.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #15
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurestar35

I'm a Mavs fan. I'm sorry I rather have Devin Harris with Diop, then Jason Kidd... Ask any Mavs fan. What do you have against Devin Harris? You've got somethin up your ***.
Sorry but it's not Jason Kidd's fault that he has to feed the ball to a jumpshooting PF who's the biggest choker in the NBA.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: