Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #46
Anti404
WHY SO SERIOUS

Default Re: Shaq's police badges taken away

I wish more people were shot by cops.
Wait, what?

Oh, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio, though I've only seen him once(on Glenn Beck), seemed to be incredibly racist, specifically against Hispanics. He's pretty awful, I'd think.
Anti404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #47
KokeAyne
High School Varsity 12th Man

Lol at the douche bag calling himself "americas toughest sheriff", hes obviously full of himself.

And feeding inmates "green bologna" im sure falls under the category of "cruel and unusual punishment". You cant make someone eat spoiled food.
KokeAyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #48
icemanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
If a regular policeman made any type of racial remark, jokingly or not, there would be repercussions. Why should Shaq get a double standard just because he is Shaq? It makes them look bad as a whole
brother you should know better than to try and use knowledge, logic and factual information when posting here at ISH. I agree but then I too use knowledge, logic and factual information...and get slammed for it.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #49
icemanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KokeAyne
Lol at the douche bag calling himself "americas toughest sheriff", hes obviously full of himself.

And feeding inmates "green bologna" im sure falls under the category of "cruel and unusual punishment". You cant make someone eat spoiled food.

He did not give himself the title other people did. As for the food the green portion is food coloring (dye). I have no idea what purpose it is supose to serve though.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #50
KokeAyne
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
He did not give himself the title other people did. As for the food the green portion is food coloring (dye). I have no idea what purpose it is supose to serve though.

Well thats what the article said, Im just going off that.
KokeAyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #51
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:

He's an attention whore, a racist and a complete waste of a sheriff. Because of him, cops are allowed to ask people with brown faces as to what their legal status is in this country. You think that's fair? That's very offensive to some of us. Racial profiling is a huge problem down here, Arpio has only encouraged it. If I'm caught J-walking, I can legally be asked if I'm illegal or not. That's BS. This goes beyond taking Shaq's badge away.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #52
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3459208

edit: Somebody commented ""Shaq, tell me how my ### taste" - Sheriff Joe Arpaio" in the comments of the article. LOL

Arpaio is a screaming ass*hole, so this isn't surprising at all. I first heard of him from a friend who was busted in AZ with a miniscule amount of smoke, but it was enough to get the book thrown at him. Then, Penn and Teller's show did a spot on him. Arpaio is like every arrogant ass*hole father, coach or supervisor rolled up into one, and he thinks his sh*t doesn't stink. There is a wikipedia page about him, but I haven't read through it yet. After I hit "Submit Post" I will be though.

I'm no Shaq supporter, don't get me wrong. It could've been anyone on the other end of this. Take anything involving Joe Arpaio with a really big grain of salt and a hefty eye roll.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #53
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
brother you should know better than to try and use knowledge, logic and factual information when posting here at ISH. I agree but then I too use knowledge, logic and factual information...and get slammed for it.

Yea i guess i shouldve known logical arguments dont always go by well in this place
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #54
jrong
Revolution untelevised

Karma's a ***** ain't it, MDE. Well get ready for Shaq to throw the Phoenix Sheriff's Department under the bus next to the Magic, Lakers, and Heat.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #55
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
Karma's a ***** ain't it, MDE. Well get ready for Shaq to throw the Phoenix Sheriff's Department under the bus next to the Magic, Lakers, and Heat.
If only there was something called the Phoenixs Sheriff Department.

Do not make this into a cop thing, this is done by a senile old man. I'm actually surprised Shaq dealt with him in the first place. I heard a story about him working with the Tempe Pd but never the Maricopa County Sheriffs Department.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #56
sixerfan82
College star

rofl, nice
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #57
SmackOrH.A.K
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti404
I wish more people were shot by cops.
Wait, what?

Oh, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio, though I've only seen him once(on Glenn Beck), seemed to be incredibly racist, specifically against Hispanics. He's pretty awful, I'd think.
Racist for sure...he has thrown a bunch of illegal mexicans in jail and is damn well proud of it.

He considers it an honor to be compared to the KKK.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VFTUQ71Aq0o&feature=related
SmackOrH.A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #58
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
In October 2005, Arpaio started mandatory two-week English classes for non-English-speaking inmates at his jails. Classes last two hours a day. The curriculum comprises the three branches of government, how a bill becomes law, state government, law enforcement and court services, and jailhouse "situational" terminology. At the end of the two-week course, inmates are required to take a test to see how well they have learned about American government, the words to God Bless America, and the communication of health and safety needs. In response to critics, Arpaio responded, "These inmates happen to be incarcerated in the United States of America and in Maricopa County where I run the jails. We speak English here, not foreign languages."

Quote:
Arpaio set-up a "Tent City" as an extension of the Maricopa County Jail ( [show location on an interactive map] 33°25′40″N 112°07′26″W / 33.42778, -112.12389 (Maricopa County Jail)). Although often cited by Arpaio as unique, many prisons and jails throughout the United States have used, and continue to use, tents to house inmates.[13] Arpaio's tent city jail has become notable particularly because of Phoenix's extreme temperatures. Temperatures inside the tents have been reported as high as 150 degrees, which is sufficent to cause death or permanent disability in humans.

Quote:
Some feel that Sheriff Arpaio's actions are based less on a desire to serve the public and to lower crime, but more on demagoguery and grandstanding that hurt the public welfare. Amnesty International issued a report critical of the treatment of inmates in Maricopa County facilities[20]. Criticism has resulted due to lawsuits filed against the sheriff’s office by family members of inmates who died in jail custody and in high-speed pursuits involving deputies. The lawsuits have cost Maricopa County more than $43 million in settlement claims during Arpaio's tenure. [21] [22]

Quote:
Starting in July 2000, the Maricopa County Sheriff's website hosted images broadcast from cameras installed in the Madison Street Jail, which housed only pretrial detainees. After the Sheriff's website was unable to handle the traffic, alternative hosting arrangements were made with the commercial website Crime.com. 24 former detainees brought suit against the Sheriff's office, arguing their fourteenth amendment rights had been violated. The appellate court ruled in favor of the former detainees, stating in their judgement of Demery v. Arpaio: "We fail to see how turning pretrial detainees into the unwilling objects of the latest reality show serves any... legitimate goals... Inmates are not like animals in a zoo to be filmed and photographed at will..."[

Quote:
In 1992, Arpaio signed a notarized document, stating he would only serve one term as sheriff. He is now in his fourth term.

statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #59
omarnyc
Local High School Star

shaq dont need to be runnin round like a big azz rent-a-cop anyway,eff the police. if the phoenix suns is not sweatin this man havin a lil fun on his free time and they actually pay him, why is his hobby job buggin?
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #60
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
yes...he's the fidel castro of Arizona.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: