Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 06-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Who should the Jazz draft

As far as players they have a realistic shot at getting, who should they draft?

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-mock-draft.shtml
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
Unregistered

Talking

That is easy they will take J.J or Foye
Old 06-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

hey man, you should register... it's way more fun. besides, there are very many of us Jazz fans on this laker infested website. lol

Oh yeah, I like those guys too. Although I have to admit that Sene guy is somewhat of a spectacle...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd like to see Redick, that'd be cool.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:15 AM   #5
thesob
Can barely lace up my sneakers

thesob has an OK reputation so far

I believe Sene will move up in the draft. He has too much potential not to. If he is available, I believe the Jazz will take him.
thesob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
Birdhunter

Birdhunter has an OK reputation so far
Default Draft

The Jazz will look at Foye, Brewer and Redick in that order if they any are available. They will need to move up to probably 8 to get Foye. Although what would Houston want to swap picks? Boozer is too steep of a price at 8. Maybe a future unprotected 1st round pick next year along with their 14th pick this year could get it done.

As far as Sene goes... I don't see him ready to play for at least 2-3 years. He is long and can block shots. ALthough from the video I saw on draft express... He looked a little clumbsy. He will become a good player, although you cannot draft for potential in this league. They have the core players! They just need to add a shooter and depth.
Birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunter
The Jazz will look at Foye, Brewer and Redick in that order if they any are available. They will need to move up to probably 8 to get Foye. Although what would Houston want to swap picks? Boozer is too steep of a price at 8. Maybe a future unprotected 1st round pick next year along with their 14th pick this year could get it done.

As far as Sene goes... I don't see him ready to play for at least 2-3 years. He is long and can block shots. ALthough from the video I saw on draft express... He looked a little clumbsy. He will become a good player, although you cannot draft for potential in this league. They have the core players! They just need to add a shooter and depth.

Uh... This league has been drafting "potential" for years now. This whole draft class is nothing but "potential".
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #8
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

Redick fits the Jazz best. But i'm curious about Foye and Carney... especially Carney. I watched him in the college dunk contest. He's a freak. We could use some fluid athleticism like him. I didn't watch many of his games at Memphis, but if the comparisons between him and Richard Jefferson are accurate, that's too good to pass up - i hope he doesn't turn into another deshawn stevenson tho.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
Birdhunter

Birdhunter has an OK reputation so far
Default Potential

Look at the teams that focus on potential. In the past you might be right, although now a GM must focus on a player that can contribute within a year if they are picked in the lottery. Or they will be looking for a job. Too often a player sits for 3 years and goes to another team through a trade or through free agency while never contributing to the team that drafted them. Of course every player has the potential to improve, but you cannot pick someone anymore just on potential. Substance is the key then comes potential. They must be able to contribute in their first year if they are a lottery pick.
Birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #10
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

We need a shotblocking center more than anything IMO.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: