Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 06-23-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
greglove777
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Thoughts on Andrei Kirilenko

I want to get some feedback and opinions on Kirilenko. I no doubt think he is one of the most talented players in the league. What he does to teams on the defensive side of the ball is unheard of, but what about his offesive skills? He has proved that his offensive game is solid, but what concerns me is his "immaturity" on offense. Several times last season he comlpained about the amount of touches he has been getting on offense, even when Boozer came back. Solan said he understood Kirilenko's problem and that he just wanted more plays to be run through him and be more involved even if the plays weren't designed for him to take shots. That's all fine and good but I think that Kirilenko tries to prove that he should get more plays designed for him to shot and will not listen to the play call and just wildly attack the basket or attempt to make a crazy play. This was an ongoing scene last year. Sometimes it works but more often than not it doesn't. Solan even admitted that he has accepted the fact that "Andrei will just be Andrei" and that he has to deal with that. Remeber when he puposely missed a free throw at the end of a game when the Jazz were down by two and forgot to tell anybody what his plan was? Everyone thought he was going to make it because that was the plan coming out of the time out. Let me know what you think.
greglove777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:38 PM   #2
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

I think that Kirilenko personally is one of the top 5 players in the league when healthy, and im not even a Jazz fan at all(probably because Im tired of seeing Jerry Sloan as their coach) but he is the truth and I think that you guys need an athlethic SG and rebuild the bench
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:26 PM   #3
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Kirelinko is an excellent player, but sometimes trying to do too much, and being selfish brings his team down. He needs to learn that basketball is a team sport, and it doesnt matter how many touches you got as long as you helped your team win. I cant blame the Jazz not making the playoffs on Kirelinko though. The team is in desperate need of a three-point shooter. Deron Williams also needs to develop his point guard skills. If the Jazz work on those problems they will definitly be a playoff team next year.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: