Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far
Default How likely will Miami pass on Beasley at 2?

If Miami can't find a team interested in a trade for the #2 pick, I think it is VERY likely. Word is everyone in Miami, from the coaching staff to the front office to the players are all crazy for Mayo. Riley also seems to be showing little to no interest at all in Beasley, if you listen to his comments about the draft. It might be smoke and mirrors to get a trade offer, but I think not. I really do think Miami's going Mayo. Rumor has it Riley has been trying hard to trade down with Minnesota, but apparently the TWolves aren't biting. They believe Beasley will be there at 3

Wade has already trained and practiced with Mayo and thinks Mayo's abilities would complement his game perfectly, as Mayo's range/scoring ability will force defenses to lay off Wade. Wade will also no longer have to dribble the ball up the backcourt. Less time handling the ball will likely bring Wade's turnovers down.

All signs point to Mayo wearing a Heat uni next season... unless Chicago passes on Rose. Then **** would get really interesting..
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:20 AM   #2
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation
Default Re: How likely will Miami pass on Beasley at 2?

I don't think it would be a good move by Miami. Beasley would be the best available talent, and he fills a need. I think they should only trade the pick if they get an offer that just blows them away, like if Memphis were to include Mike Conley instead of Kyle Lowry + Mike Miller + the #5.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

I am praying.

Big time
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What does Minnesota then? Obviously they have to take the best talent which would be Beasley but do you try to force him into the SF spot or go with one of the worst defensive frontcourts in Beasley/Jefferson?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:12 AM   #5
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Yes, SF.

If we have to, Move jefferson to the 5 and try getting a defensive stopper at 4 or 5.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #6
Blackeagle
I hit open layups

Blackeagle has an OK reputation so far

I stand by my prediction that the whole thing with riley not liking beasley is an act intended to make sure that chicago takes rose #1, because beasley is the better fit in miami.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:39 AM   #7
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I really don't think Riley likes him, but he has way too much trade value. I don't think any rookie is going to get them back into the playoffs, so they could play him for a year and then use him next offseason as part of a big package, similar to what Boston did with Jefferson, to get that piece that will make you a contender again, if you still don't like him.

To me, none of those trades with TJ Ford or Kyle Lowry blow me out of the water enough to move the #2 pick. At first I liked the idea of them picking up some solid role players, but Boston got Ray Allen for the #5 pick. The Heat have the #2 pick in a two player draft. What they should have done was hype up Beasley and tried to get Jermaine O'Neal, Elton Brand, Gilbert Arenas, Ron Artest, or maybe even Melo or Michael Redd.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:03 AM   #8
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think right now Mayo is locked in to the Heat at #2, Rose at #1 to the Bulls is also a lock. I don't agree with it, and I'd take Beasley#1 if I were the Bulls, but this is going to happen unless a trade comes about. Expect Hinrich to be dealt, and maybe Hughes aswell... Beasley on the Wolves, i don't know.. this means he'll be playing the 3 because Big Al is being shifted back to the 4 i hear..
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: