Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2008, 02:12 AM   #1
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default The Steal of the 2008 draft... is

Eric Gordon, Freshman Indiana
40 inch vert
6 foot 9 wing span
6'3 height

i'm a believer, this guy had a up and down year last year due to injuries and a coaching limbo, but he's got all the tools to become a star.

A lot of people think he's just going to be a shooter like Ben Gordon, but I don't think so, I think he's either going to become a scoring point guard a la Gilbert Arenas or Baron Davis or a tweener like Dwayne Wade and shine that way... Certainly the LA Clippers will be lucky if he falls into their lap, personally i hope the Knicks take him at #6
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Steal of the 2008 draft... is

It's hard to say a guy who's going in the top 10 is a steal. If I had to choose somebody I would pick DJ white. Not in terms of turning into a star...but if he's going late 1st/early 2nd then thats too late because he could be a serious role player.

Too hard to pick a steal in this draft because a lot of guys can go anywhere from 10-25. Wierd draft.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
It's hard to say a guy who's going in the top 10 is a steal. If I had to choose somebody I would pick DJ white. Not in terms of turning into a star...but if he's going late 1st/early 2nd then thats too late because he could be a serious role player.

Too hard to pick a steal in this draft because a lot of guys can go anywhere from 10-25. Wierd draft.

I also think White can be a steal. I think he really should go in the first round.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
I also think White can be a steal. I think he really should go in the first round.
Definately. His senior status hurts him but he's young for a senior. Won't turn 22 until around training camp. Averaged 17.4, 10.3, and 1.6 as a senior at Indiana while shooting 60%. The guy is just relentless on the offensive boards. One of those guys that will put up a shot, get the o rebound, put it up again, get the o rebound, then put it up again and make it that time. Never gives up on the boards. Improved every year at Indiana (except his sophomore year in which he was hurt and only played 5 games). I think had Eric Gordon not come in and set college basketball on fire, he would have averaged around 21 and 11 and been considered for All American.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Eric Ben Gordon.

Eric Gordon is not a PG and has no chance of becoming one that's why his stock is lower compared to the other combo guards like Bayless and Westbrook because they have the potential to become PG's.

Eric Gordon is an undersized 2 and will be that throughout his career,if Eric Gordon ever becomes a PG in the NBA I'll paypal you $80.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #6
rfidd
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rfidd has an OK reputation so far

From Gordon's workout with the Clippers:

"In his third workout -- the one with the Clippers -- L.A. officials mandated that he work out against a bona fide draft prospect.

Gordon's representatives were given a list of players who they could chose from. They selected Marcellus Kemp (from Nevada), presumably because they thought Gordon would fare the best against him, and the workout was set for June 16. "I told the Clippers when they put this together that Eric Gordon was in for an awakening," Greig said. According to Grieg, Kemp won eight of their 10 one-on-one games and 70 percent of the shooting games against Gordon. By the time the workout was over, Clipper officials were wondering which player was projected to go in the top 10."

http://blogs.rgj.com/pack/2008/06/ke...n-workout.html

Here's hoping for a good pick for Marcellus Kemp.

Rick (ok, I am from Nevada)
rfidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

I think the sleeper in the first 10 is Joe Alexander...my sleeper late in the first round Robin Lopez . My second round gem is Nikola Peckovic for the future and Will Daniels for the now.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Eric Gordon has a ton of potential. This is a weird draft because there are so many talented players with such huge weaknesses. So many guys are undersized, and that will be a problem. Eric Gordon is a perfect example of that.

I think Gordon has a chance to be a high teens scorer, he just won't do it right away. I just hope if a team like the Clippers select him that the owner won't put pressure on the coaches to play him a lot right away to show off their investment. He has some major holes in his game and needs to be coached well to become a good player. If they play him right away he will just be a guy that puts his head down and tries to score when he touches the ball.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #9
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Steals will be Brandon Rush, CDR, JaVale McGee, & Jamont Gordon.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #10
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Gordon really needs to find the right fit to develop into the player he can be. If he has to play heavy minutes and spend ANY time at the 1, it's the wrong fit. I don't know if the injury made him timid, but he stopped driving in the last 1/3 or so of the season, just settling for LONG j's. There's that issue, that he isn't assertive enough, but there's also the issue of his below average ball handling. Even if he's assertive, I can't see him taking too many NBA guys off the dribble. His dribble is way too high, seems to always be near his waist, that's a TO in the pros. He's got all the physical tools to succeed, it's just up to him and his coaching staff.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #11
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

IL, I think those exact same things can be said about any prospect in this draft. From Westbrook who is going to have to play with a SG or SF that can handle the ball half the time to Hibbert who is going to have to play in a slow offense to Rose who is going to have to have the Bulls push the pace to make him effective.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
IL, I think those exact same things can be said about any prospect in this draft. From Westbrook who is going to have to play with a SG or SF that can handle the ball half the time to Hibbert who is going to have to play in a slow offense to Rose who is going to have to have the Bulls push the pace to make him effective.

Hey, I didn't say he was a special case, just what I think needs to happen for him to fulfill his potential.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

think courtney lee and sean singletary will be a steal.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #14
NYK-Bball
CATCH ME IN TRAFFIC

NYK-Bball has an OK reputation so far

Courtney Lee
NYK-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool

Jerrod Bayless or Westbrook

I personally don't consider Gordon a steal if he is gonna go 3-5 like i have been hearing more recently. He is a great talent and should of had a bigger year but the whole IU scandal rocked the bball team. If Gordon had been in a better situation in college I think he would be a lock for a top 3-4 pick right now. He has skills.

I just think Bayless and Westbrook could fall a lil and both have intangibles that are hard to find.

Last edited by Dengness9 : 06-25-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: