Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Default J-Will back to Memphis

Just saw it on the main forum page. How do you guys feel about this?

For me, as long as Conley starts, and if and only if Lowry gets traded. He would certainly be an upgrade over that ballhog.

Then again, if its for cheap and he'll only get spot minutes, I'm good for that too. Boston / Detroit has shown the value of having good veterans to tutor the young ones.

J-will has been vastly underrated in his Grizzly career. Sure he couldn't shoot, but he made most of the personnel we had back then.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: J-Will back to Memphis

I don't mind him coming back as long as he isn't taking many minutes from the other guys. I also don't want Memphis throwing a load of cash at him, if Williams really wants to come back to Memphis, then I doubt money would be much of a concern. But, if the guy wants a boat load of cash, he can fack off.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

1- why would he want to come back here?
2- why would we take him back?
3- no way I want him back.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
Moose

Not true, but if he does come back IMO that would be pretty cool. Maybe he might dye his hair blond again for old time sake.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #5
berraco
Darko The Ripper

As I said in the main forum, as long as he comes for a low contract and stay as 3rd string at PG, I don't mind him coming back. He still have some of his magic. But if he is going to grab minutes from the young guys, no, thanks. I don't know if he will be able to adapt to a teaching activity with our young PGs, look what happened with Mighty Mouse.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Doenst Memphis have 11 guards on the roster already???
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Doenst Memphis have 11 guards on the roster already???

Yeah we do. But people were just throwing the possibility out there because he is a free agent.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #8
idizzle
Good college starter

White Chocolate could come back to the Griz.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/29/j...rizzlies/#cont
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I just saw this as well. I dont really care one way or the other.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #10
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Can anybody of the old timers here tell me more about J-Will's time in memphis? I always thought he was ok here and provided stability to our team then. He had really good assist/turnover stats and seemed to really connect with Hubie.

I was reading the reactions in commercialappeal about J-Will working out with the grizz and some people were saying he was the reason that made Hubie quit.

Wait, was there an event like a NY Jamal Crawford dribbling the clock down, only to pull up for three at the last second, only to pass to stephon marbury as the shot clock expires. Then the rockets getting the ball bakc and Scott padgett making a hail mary game winning three to win the game...

Next day Lenny Wilkens resigned as head coach

Good times! Lol
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:31 AM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Can anybody of the old timers here tell me more about J-Will's time in memphis? I always thought he was ok here and provided stability to our team then. He had really good assist/turnover stats and seemed to really connect with Hubie.

I was reading the reactions in commercialappeal about J-Will working out with the grizz and some people were saying he was the reason that made Hubie quit.

Wait, was there an event like a NY Jamal Crawford dribbling the clock down, only to pull up for three at the last second, only to pass to stephon marbury as the shot clock expires. Then the rockets getting the ball bakc and Scott padgett making a hail mary game winning three to win the game...

Next day Lenny Wilkens resigned as head coach

Good times! Lol
People always seem to remember bad times when a player and team have a bad falling out. J-wil is the grizzlies all time assist leader for a reason. He was a quick guard that could cut through lanes and create scoring chances. His shot was accurate enough to keep teams honest as well. The problem with him here was that he would get into pissing contests with opposing teams point guards. In doing so he would make eratic decisions which were game changing mistakes. Im not sure if he is such a hot head anymore. But I dont know if he has that playmaker abitlity that he used to have anymore. He probably isnt worth headache.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
People always seem to remember bad times when a player and team have a bad falling out. J-wil is the grizzlies all time assist leader for a reason. He was a quick guard that could cut through lanes and create scoring chances. His shot was accurate enough to keep teams honest as well. The problem with him here was that he would get into pissing contests with opposing teams point guards. In doing so he would make eratic decisions which were game changing mistakes. Im not sure if he is such a hot head anymore. But I dont know if he has that playmaker abitlity that he used to have anymore. He probably isnt worth headache.

At the same time, I think it's worth a shot for a while. If he doesn't work out, cut him. I think everybody deserves a 2nd chance. Though I may be alone on that thought.
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: