Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2008, 08:58 PM   #31
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Nuggets Trade 2008 1st Round Pick to Charlotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
does lottery protected mean top 10 pick? or does it mean if you are not a playoff team, you get to keep your pick?
The protected pick that we just got looks like this. If Charlotte finishes in:
1-14 in 2009.

1-12 in 2010.

1-10 in 2011.

1-8 in 2012.

1-3 in 2013.

We dont get the pick. Although it does become unprotected in 2014, so if they suck in 6 years and get the number one pick (that's not gonna happen)
thats great for Denver.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #32
NYK-Bball
CATCH ME IN TRAFFIC

NYK-Bball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I think Charlotte wants Hibbert. #9 was way to high to take him. #20 is fine

Yeah they want Hibbert at this spot,Larry likes him.
NYK-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:46 PM   #33
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE SUNS?!?!?! they better be making some trades right now
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #34
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Hibbert isn't falling to #20 and more than likely Charlotte will go with the best player available at #9 and take Ajinca at #20.

Hibbert going in the lottery would be a reach,but I think Charlotte is going to move either Jason Richardson or Gerald Wallace this offseason.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #35
solidus_maximus
I airball my layups

solidus_maximus has an OK reputation so far

you think that wouldv'e worked? epic fail
solidus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:48 PM   #36
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

nuggets will have a top 8 pick next year
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:52 PM   #37
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Hibbert isn't falling to #20 and more than likely Charlotte will go with the best player available at #9 and take Ajinca at #20.

Hibbert going in the lottery would be a reach,but I think Charlotte is going to move either Jason Richardson or Gerald Wallace this offseason.

I doubt it. People keep reporting that their on the block, but none of those rumors are coming out of Charlotte. We're not going to trade either of these guys in any of the deals that have been posted here in the past though were we ended up giving them up for pennies on the dollar. Both are incredibly talented, play defense, and are good locker room presences they won't be given away.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:19 AM   #38
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

the more i think about it, the more i like it. theres a very good chance the pick we eventually get is better than 20...and there was a very good chance the guy we could have gotten at 20 wouldnt have done much for us.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #39
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

No idea what Denvers doing.

I think Chalmers will be a stud in this league and could be available
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:47 AM   #40
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
No idea what Denvers doing.

I think Chalmers will be a stud in this league and could be available

yeah, thats it. chalmers could be available and we potentially passed on this future star. he was going to make the difference for us next year and now our season is ruined.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:53 AM   #41
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I think Charlotte wants Hibbert. #9 was way to high to take him. #20 is fine

They really REALLY want Hibbert. But I think he might not be there at 20, it'll be close.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:19 AM   #42
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

Hibbert would be a good pick for them at #20. He played 4 years of college ball so Brown might give him some time even though he's a rookie.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:56 AM   #43
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thats cool, I really think they could pick up Hibbert with this one. I know during workouts in Charlotte he was working with people like DeAndre Jordan, McGee etc and even admitted himself his stock wasn't as high as these players, but apparently he more than matched up well with them.

Maybe they could get Ajinca (spelling?) too. Either of them I'd be happy, but all the signs seem to be linking them to Hibbert which I'd be very happy with.

To be honest it really makes me wonder more what their plans are for the 9th pick. Could be traded?
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:13 AM   #44
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Denver failed.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:33 AM   #45
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Going cheap since their teams are filled with bloated contracts
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: