Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-27-2008, 12:28 AM   #1561
ryantheporchkid
No Pun Intended

ryantheporchkid has decent reputation
Default Re: Official 2008 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Jamont Gordon
Bryce Taylor
Josh Duncan
Davon Jefferson
Gary Forbes
DeMarcus Nelson
Othella Hunter
Pat Calathes
James Mays
Darnell Jackson

All undrafted.

This guy will find a spot in the NBA. With all the great parts of the NBA Draft-the guys who have lived in the gutter finally making it big-it has a lot of sad stories of guys just being told that all the hard work that they've done over the years wasn't good enough. At least there's Europe.
ryantheporchkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #1562
kidachi

Quote:
Jamont Gordon
Bryce Taylor
Josh Duncan
Davon Jefferson
Gary Forbes
DeMarcus Nelson
Othella Hunter
Pat Calathes
James Mays
Darnell Jackson

All undrafted.

Darnell Jackson was picked by Miami.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:43 AM   #1563
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

OJ MAYO to Memphis for Kevin Love...HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #1564
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

The Minnesota Timberwolves aren't holding onto O.J. Mayo for long.

Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves have reached an agreement in principle with the Memphis Grizzlies that will send the draft rights of Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner to the Grizzlies in return for the draft rights to Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:47 AM   #1565
Quickness
High School Starter

Quickness has an OK reputation so far

not surprised about Demarcus Nelson, he's a good player but he just doesnt seem like he'll do any good in the NBA, when your short you got to be pretty damn good and he was pretty short. He was a good team leader for duke but just not NBA material. I know Ill probably get a few disagreements on this. Just didnt seem to get a special spark from him.

I believe James Mays would fare better in the NBA than Nelson.

Last edited by Quickness : 06-27-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Quickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:06 AM   #1566
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Gary Forbes

undrafted.

Cavs might take a look at this kid's potential, and i think he is going to be a good replacement to Damon Jones/ Devin Brown.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 AM   #1567
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

MARREESE SPEIGHTS!!!!!!!!

the next david west
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:39 AM   #1568
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
Darnell Jackson was picked by Miami.

Cavaliers already acquired Darnell Jackson from the Miami Heat.

Quote:
Cleveland acquires the draft rights to Darnell Jackson from Miami in exchange for a second-round selection in 2009.

http://www.nba.com/transactions/curr...nsactions.html
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:58 AM   #1569
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

For a draft with so much talent it was such a disappointment. So many opportunities for people to fill needs (really all the way through the first round) with strong talent and more often than not it didn't seem to go that route. I saw redundant picks after rendundant pick. I mean look at Charlotte. You have a 3rd year pg with back to back seasons of 14 and 7 and you draft a pg with a big question mark with the 7th pick when you could've gotten size? That's just nuts to me.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:24 AM   #1570
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Im glad with the Clippers picks. I wanted Gordon. Said they would grab him too, so that's good. I also like picking up Deandre Jordan. Sure he's got ways to go, but you can't go wrong picking up a prospect like him there.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:09 AM   #1571
NeighborhoodKid
I airball my layups

NeighborhoodKid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
The Minnesota Timberwolves aren't holding onto O.J. Mayo for long.

Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves have reached an agreement in principle with the Memphis Grizzlies that will send the draft rights of Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner to the Grizzlies in return for the draft rights to Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

jesus, how lame can Minnesota get!?!? keep Telfair etc at guard and trade for Love and Cardinal. thatl really help built with al jefferson!
NeighborhoodKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:13 AM   #1572
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Im glad with the Clippers picks. I wanted Gordon. Said they would grab him too, so that's good. I also like picking up Deandre Jordan. Sure he's got ways to go, but you can't go wrong picking up a prospect like him there.
Wasn't he supposed to be a lottery pick?
How did he end that low?
(I don't really follow college ball at all)
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:16 AM   #1573
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
How did he end that low?

From what I heard him being in the lottery was him being overrated. He showed he was pretty raw. He didn't impress during the few moments he was on the court last year...
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #1574
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
How did he end that low?

They said his agent didn't entertain teams with 20+ 1st rounders thinking Deandre would be gone by that time. That might have worked a few seasons ago but not this time. GM's are now afraid to draft on pure potential w/o showing something
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:49 AM   #1575
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

McFail is a piece of ****.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: