Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-26-2008, 01:05 AM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default I want Rose but Paxson must make a trade.

I hope Paxson picks and keeps Derrick Rose but I really want him to then package Kirk Hinrich, maybe sign and trade Ben Gordon and/or try to move Larry Hughes and get a big man in return. I really hope he goes after Elton Brand hard. I was kind of hoping for O'Neal but he just got traded to the Raptors. He'll probably be injured anyways. But yes... the Bulls really now more than ever need that 20 PPG big man to go along with the rest of the guys. Deng is solid at SF, Rose will be awesome at PG, Sefolosha could develop into a really good SG, they're set at C with Noah and Gray... the only work that needs to be done is the PF position. Try and trade Drew Gooden and then keep Tyrus Thomas and hope he really makes an impact in a season or two but while he's still developing I want a PF who can come in and dominate right now.

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 06-26-2008 at 03:36 AM.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:15 AM   #2
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default Re: I want Rose but Paxson must make a trade.

Yes we def need to trade Larry Hughes he has a terrible contract and doesnt produce enough. But I have a feeling we will keep him. Sefolosha at SG is suspect i dont see him having a better offensive arsenal than Teyshaun prince. So he will be ok offensively but really good defensively. Gooden at PF is much better than Noah/ Gray at C. Noah was getting abused by the C's in the NBA last year. He plays with heart but needs to bulk up fast to add with his passion and energy. He is not great offensively either. Gray needs to work on his footwork and he will be very solid if he has a little more fire in his eyes because he has very good fundamentals and decent post moves and is big as hell to bang with any center in the league. But gooden average 14 ppg and 9.3 rpg with the bulls. He can give you at least 15 and 10 a night and with the bulls struggles offensively i dont see why not 20 and 10 and he is 26 so has a decent amount of good yrs ahead of him. Since paxson doesnt have the balls to take chances I dont see us trading for any big names only roll players. i foresee a starting lineup of:

Rose/ Gordon
Hughes/ Sefolosha
Deng/ Nocioni
Gooden/TT
Noah/Gray
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Yes we def need to trade Larry Hughes he has a terrible contract and doesnt produce enough. But I have a feeling we will keep him. Sefolosha at SG is suspect i dont see him having a better offensive arsenal than Teyshaun prince. So he will be ok offensively but really good defensively. Gooden at PF is much better than Noah/ Gray at C. Noah was getting abused by the C's in the NBA last year. He plays with heart but needs to bulk up fast to add with his passion and energy. He is not great offensively either. Gray needs to work on his footwork and he will be very solid if he has a little more fire in his eyes because he has very good fundamentals and decent post moves and is big as hell to bang with any center in the league. But gooden average 14 ppg and 9.3 rpg with the bulls. He can give you at least 15 and 10 a night and with the bulls struggles offensively i dont see why not 20 and 10 and he is 26 so has a decent amount of good yrs ahead of him. Since paxson doesnt have the balls to take chances I dont see us trading for any big names only roll players. i foresee a starting lineup of:

Rose/ Gordon
Hughes/ Sefolosha
Deng/ Nocioni
Gooden/TT
Noah/Gray

well hinrich wont be traded for garbage, we wont get an all star but we will get a solid player

and imo gordon is not a pg and hughes is not a starter, so i think it should be:

Rose/Hughes
Sefolosha/Gordon
Deng/Nocioni
Gooden/TT
Noah/Gray

Gordon could also start, i could see him explode playing next to rose, something like 21-24 ppg on high 40% shooting, like 48%/49%
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
Chitown sports
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Chitown sports has an OK reputation so far

Looks like a really suspect lineup to me. Drafting Rose won't be an immediate solution to the Bulls problem, which is no go to guy. Gordon is inconsistent and Deng is a third option guy. Too much pressure to put on Rose who wasn't a big scorer until the tourney. I still question where the points will come from.
Chitown sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: I want Rose but Paxson must make a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
well hinrich wont be traded for garbage, we wont get an all star but we will get a solid player

and imo gordon is not a pg and hughes is not a starter, so i think it should be:

Rose/Hughes
Sefolosha/Gordon
Deng/Nocioni
Gooden/TT
Noah/Gray

Gordon could also start, i could see him explode playing next to rose, something like 21-24 ppg on high 40% shooting, like 48%/49%

I don't see Gordon ever shooting over 45% for a season because of the high volume of shots he takes.

I don't mind that lineup at all, and I am a huge Sefolosha supporter. We would also have another player from the Hinrich deal on that roster. Either way, we should have a very deep team again next season.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
rodneykm

rodneykm has an OK reputation so far

If Deng or Gordon can't consistently score...package one w/ Hinrich and get someone who can.
rodneykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #7
drwax26
High School Starter

Well Sefolosha is not better than Larry Hughes sorry to disappoint u all. Hughes can play just as good of D as Sef and is better offensively when it comes to slashing to the basket and creativity. Neither of them to me are starting shooting guards but if i had to pick one to start it would be hughes. Gordon can be a PG he played it at UConn. He is just a shoot first point guard. But he can throw up oops to ppl, slash to the basket, and hit the open 3. Trust me you do not want him at SG having to face 6'6 opposition all game. Also your lineup is whack because you have two ppl on the floor who do not score consistently in Noah and Sefolosha and the bulls have trouble scoring!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
drwax26
High School Starter

Well Sefolosha is not better than Larry Hughes sorry to disappoint u all. Hughes can play just as good of D as Sef and is better offensively when it comes to slashing to the basket and creativity. Neither of them to me are starting shooting guards but if i had to pick one to start it would be hughes. Gordon can be a PG he played it at UConn. He is just a shoot first point guard. But he can throw up oops to ppl, slash to the basket, and hit the open 3. Trust me you do not want him at SG having to face 6'6 opposition all game. Also your lineup is whack because you have two ppl on the floor who do not score consistently in Noah and Sefolosha and the bulls have trouble scoring!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:05 PM   #9
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

hughes wants too much money tho
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:

Did you watch any of the Bulls games last year? No way can Gordon be a PG...they tried that, he sucked, and they still kept him there for some reason. He can't pass or dribble. And just because he plays the SG, doesn't mean he has to cover the opposing team's SG.

Also, Sefolosha is a much better defender than Hughes right now. A few years back, Hughes was better, but that was before his knees decided to retire early. The only advantage Hughes has on Sef is offensive aggressiveness, but I will take Sefolosha hitting a better percentage of his open jumpers any day of the week.

Noah can get a few baskets when he needs to, and most of them are on putbacks anyway. I didn't see many better offensive rebounders last season than Noah. He's the energy guy, and we have a lot more where that came from.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #11
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

problym_chyld04 has an OK reputation so far

Since miami's looking to trade down, should the bulls be targeting minnesota's pick and trade hughes or hinrich, nocioni, and hopefully if they can, promise a sign-and-trade for gordon, and either their 2nd round pick or a future 1st rounder for the 2nd pick?
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #12
drwax26
High School Starter

Gordon can't dribble is the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard of. He cross' people all the time and can get to the basket when he actually attacks. He looks to score more than pass. Sef is not a starting PG thats why we need to trade to get a good one. Sef is good off the bench. Noah gets put backs but cannot create his own and he virtually has no post moves. We need to find a way to trade hughes along with Hinrich.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #13
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Gordon can't dribble is the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard of. He cross' people all the time and can get to the basket when he actually attacks. He looks to score more than pass. Sef is not a starting PG thats why we need to trade to get a good one. Sef is good off the bench. Noah gets put backs but cannot create his own and he virtually has no post moves. We need to find a way to trade hughes along with Hinrich.

Every time he tries to dribble, he either goes nowhere or loses the ball. Every once in a while he gets past the defender and promptly gets rejected because he has convinced himself that he has an advantage over a 7-footer instead of passing to the open man.

As far as trades, since the Nets are in a trading mood, how about trading Kirk, Hughes, and TT/Noah for VC? We would probably have to throw in a future pick as well, but it would fill our only remaining need. We need a star player, a go-to scorer, and height at the SG position, and VC fits the bill. He has a huge contract, but I would rather pay him to score 25ppg and be the veteran leader than watch Hughes stumble around and steal PT from everyone else.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
Chitown sports

Chitown sports has an OK reputation so far

I have seen Gordon lose the rock to centers along the perimeter after a pick and roll. Anyone who can dribble well wouldn't have that problem.
Chitown sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #15
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd actually try to keep Hinrich and use have him split the time between the guard spots. You don't know how long it will take Rose to play at a high level, so he can carry the load until Rose is ready. Trade Gordon and trade Hughes (Probably a hard thing to do) and have Rose and Thabo starting. Mind you, if Hinrich was a part of a deal involving a high level superstar, then give him up, but I wouldn't be trading him for scrap metal.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: