Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #16
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why does Miami want rose/mayo OVER beasley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
riley is no dummy... he's just spreading misinformation to get juicier offers from the rest of the GM's for the #2 pick.

Either way he still seems to be really low on Beasley. You would think teams would be more excited about the most productive and also probably the most talented guy in this draft. I understand that the Heat feel that they're set at the forward spots with Marion and Haslem but still when you have teh #2 pick you don't draft for need over talent. We've seen what happened to the Hawks.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #17
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

because beasley is the next melo and who would want that? i'm sure he'll get his points and be rookie of the year but he is unpredictable. he just might end up with a DUI or a stupid arrest and end up suspended to start the season. one scout said that when you look into his eyes, you see looney tunes playing...but he's still a BEAST on the court and can score from anywhere.

besides, the HEAT know they need a PG since all wade can do is shoot. That's why Riley is desperate for mayo or bayless. that's who the HEAT will end up taking if rose is off the board.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #18
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

People are really sleeping on Mayo. I personally think his game just wasn't fit for the college level. I think we can all agree that Mayo is going to be the guy who has to get his shots up to be 100% effective. He can play D, and is an average passer. I think if you put Mayo on HIS team, ala Kevin Durant, with the right peices, he's going to develop into a star.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #19
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

maybe its because they want elton brand?
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #20
JogaHDW3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JogaHDW3 has an OK reputation so far

Actually what ive heard is that we will draft beasley only to trade him
JogaHDW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #21
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Cause the Heat is stupid. I would definitely draft Beasley at #1 if I had the pick. Besides, Rose is probably comparable to Beasley but what's the hell with Mayo? Is he half as good as Beasley by now?
oh the irony.
Mayo makes perfect sense for the Heat. He can be very effective offensively without needing to take the ball from Wade. Mayo is a very good shooter and Miami has needed that for a longtime from their PG. The two would compliment each other very well. Also with the rumors of Riley wanting to go after Boozer or Brand next year in free agency not drafting Beasley makes perfect sense. Riles feels he can get his low post scorer either through free agency next season, or trading Marion this season.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #22
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaHDW3
Actually what ive heard is that we will draft beasley only to trade him

Welcome to the board, chief. May your stay be long and prosperous.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #23
Anti404
WHY SO SERIOUS

Anti404 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
besides, the HEAT know they need a PG since all wade can do is shoot. That's why Riley is desperate for mayo or bayless. that's who the HEAT will end up taking if rose is off the board.
How exactly is Dwyane Wade's only skill shooting? I'd say that's his least effective method of attack. He's a great slasher/driver(all ways pretty high in the league in FTA), a good distributor(nearly 7APG last season), a good defender/great help defender, and mediocre ballhander(led the league in TOPG last season).

To me, Mayo will develop into a Dwyane Wade type of player, but rather than slashing, he'll be more of a shooter. I don't see the need for him in the back court. However, plugging an XX/Dwyane Wade/Shawn Marion/Michael Beasley/XX lineup with Haslem coming off the bench/playing spot center duty will be better than any lineup involving Mayo, IMO.
Anti404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #24
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

Maybe because they have Marrion and Haslem. And Beasley keeps shrinking everytime a team checks his true height.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #25
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
besides, the HEAT know they need a PG since all wade can do is shoot.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #26
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
We is, is we? Riley is playing mind games with everyone in the draft. We will be taking Beasley in the draft, because he is the best player. I am happy to let Chicago have Rose, because Beasley is the best player in this draft, period.

Nice to see you completely contradicting yourself.

Stop acting like you weren't posting in the Bulls forum telling EVERYBODY how Mayo will be the best Pro and that Miami should definitely take him...

Wow I hate you.

I told you Beasley was the right pick at number 2 the whole time, and now all of sudden its your opinion.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:42 PM   #27
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
People are really sleeping on Mayo. I personally think his game just wasn't fit for the college level. I think we can all agree that Mayo is going to be the guy who has to get his shots up to be 100% effective. He can play D, and is an average passer. I think if you put Mayo on HIS team, ala Kevin Durant, with the right peices, he's going to develop into a star.

I AGREE 100%
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #28
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

michael beasley gettin paid his first millions in miami, florida is a scary thing

who knows how much trouble he'll get in
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: