Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #31
omarnyc
Local High School Star

omarnyc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why does Miami want rose/mayo OVER beasley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
michael beasley gettin paid his first millions in miami, florida is a scary thing

who knows how much trouble he'll get in

does beasley have a history of gettin in trouble? i never heard nothing about him gettin in trouble except for stupid pranks he played in hs. i think they are bringing up these character issues because he went to all those high schools, the same thing happened with amare and im sure alot of those teams wished they would have drafted him.
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarnyc
does beasley have a history of gettin in trouble? i never heard nothing about him gettin in trouble except for stupid pranks he played in hs. i think they are bringing up these character issues because he went to all those high schools, the same thing happened with amare and im sure alot of those teams wished they would have drafted him.

Read the link i posted.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #33
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeCee15
I don't get it...basically dwayne Wade can play the point/SG
he needs a backcourt partner who can shoot from the perimeter and create his own shot. wade had major turnover issues last season when he was forced into the floor general role because none of his teammates could get their own looks. and a pure pg wouldn't be ideal in miami because wade needs the ball in his hands to be most effective. so a guy like mayo or gordon by his side would be the best situation.

Quote:
I actually think the heat REALLY want beasley but are going
way out of their way to convince everyone that they want ROSE/MAYO.
its possible, but its also very possible that pat riley doesn't like beasley's game.

Quote:
Beasley is going to be a beast and would help wade and the heat immensely.
I think he's overhyped. Unlike Durant who had a similar season last year numbers wise, he lacks a true position and is an absolutely horrible defender. Yeah he can score and rebound but thats not as impressive when you know he will consistently be getting 20+ points dropped on him. I don't see him developing the quickness to guard SFs and I doubt he will be strong enough to seal off most PFs from the post, let alone the height problem and the lack of shotblocking. He's going to have a lot of problems with comitting fouls.
I doubt there are any major character issues like it has been rumored, I think thats just a smokescreen for what GMs are really worried about: his defense.

Quote:
Seriously...seems like the heat are trying to SELL rose to chicago.
personally I think they want mayo. mayo was considered the best in his class for years, after his sub-par (for him) season at USC he's become underrated. his stock rose after workouts, and he has a killer competitive attitude which translates into a very impressive work ethic. mayo is like wade without the freakish athleticism but plus a jumpshot.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #34
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So the only knock on Beasley is that he's a jokester? Yeah, an immature 19 year old college student is certainly unacceptable. C'mon.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #35
psy_Caliber
Can barely lace up my sneakers

psy_Caliber has an OK reputation so far

miami is stacked on forwards like NY is stacked on guards.
psy_Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: