Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-25-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default Will Jarome (Jessy) James hold up the Knicks again?

You might call Jerome James "Jessy James" because he robbed the Knicks last year with a starter's salary and virtually no time spent playing due to being out of shape, in fowl trouble and getting frequently injured due to his lack of condition. Will James finally earn his money or do you think he will revert to his life of crime by "stealing" it again?
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He didn't rob the Knicks. Isaiah made a bad deal off a showing of one playoff series. Alot of players have breakout contract years. JJ had just one series. Zeke just blew it. Maybe he will have some part in this year. But if not there is enough talent on the team to move on without him.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #3
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

isiah made a bad move by signin this guy. the problem with james is that he is a dum basketball player. he would play 5 minutes and get like 4 fouls. and every game he played he would get like 2 or 3 move an picks. and to put the cherry on top he's out of shape. and now we stuck with him cause i no nobody whats that guy. hopefully he can play at least half the way he was playin in that san antionio series.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:30 AM   #4
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

So what do you call taking advantage of a stupid GM?

I call it "highway robbery!"

Hopefully Jerome James will come into the season in shape and wanting to prove he was not as bad as he appeared last season.

BTW: Jerome James is one of 2 JJ's on the Knicks. The other is Jarid Jeffries.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Jerome James is going to be currys backup as long as curry is still on the knicks so he will have a good role in blocking shots and getting rebounds
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Jerome did exactly what he did his entire career for you guys last year--nothing. Isiah signed him for big contract based on what he did in 1, ONE, UNO, playoff series against the Kings. The Kings front line looked like play-do at that time, anyone and everyone raped them that year.
Jerome isn't stealing any salary, he is taking what a stupid man gave him.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:03 AM   #7
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

$30 Million for sitting on the bench most of the game and giving up some fouls for a few minutes -- is stealing!

Only Larry Brown did a better job of stealing. LB will get $5oM for only coaching 23 wins!

Maybe they should call it "the Brown Gang" instead of "the James Gang!" Right Jessy?

Because Isiah Thomas and Charley Dolan are stupid does not make it any less of a crime.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:40 AM   #8
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

You can't blame anybody other then Isiah for signing James to that huge contract. You can't tell me that you wouldn't have taken the offer if you were in James' shoes. If you do then you are lyying. Isaih was just stupid to sign him for that much money based on 1 flippin play-off series.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:16 PM   #9
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
You can't blame anybody other then Isiah for signing James to that huge contract. You can't tell me that you wouldn't have taken the offer if you were in James' shoes. If you do then you are lyying. Isaih was just stupid to sign him for that much money based on 1 flippin play-off series.

Yes I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

However, the difference between JJ and me is that I would play as heard as I could to try to earn the money and I would come to camp in excellent shape.

He didn't do either last season - that's why he is stealing!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:46 AM   #10
Big C
I brick open layups

Big C has an OK reputation so far

If James does not get it together he will be cut from the team.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #11
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
If James does not get it together he will be cut from the team.

You think he has trade value as a back up at $30m or you just going to pay him $30m to go away?
Old 08-29-2006, 05:35 PM   #12
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Yes I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

However, the difference between JJ and me is that I would play as heard as I could to try to earn the money and I would come to camp in excellent shape.

He didn't do either last season - that's why he is stealing!

I agree with you about coming in and playing as hard as you possibly could. I would to that too.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #13
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
I agree with you about coming in and playing as hard as you possibly could. I would to that too.

JJ was hired for $30M to be the Knicks starting center. Yet he was outplayed last season by the Knicks third-string center. Although Butler is just a journeyman from the CBA who is shorter and has much less natural ability, than JJ and Curry, unlike the $90M less-than-dynamic duo, Butler came into camp in shape and showed energy on both ends of the court every minute he played.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:25 PM   #14
9spurs
Serious playground baller

9spurs has an OK reputation so far

Man he better get his fat A$$ into shape or he'll *** up the Knicks. He got to stop eating at Dennys and start eating fresh at Subway.
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:47 PM   #15
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9spurs
Man he better get his fat A$$ into shape or he'll *** up the Knicks. He got to stop eating at Dennys and start eating fresh at Subway.

I agree.

There is another thread entitled "the Knicks will score in buckets this year." It should read "the Knicks will score in buckets this year -- if JJ and Edie Curry stop eating so many buckets of fried chicken!" LOL
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: