Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-25-2006, 11:51 PM   #1
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far
Default Are sixers signing Steve Smith and what about Edin Bovcic did they sign him

I was wondering what's the deal with the sixers not signing anyone. They can sign Steve Smith easily because he wants to play for philly and what about there rookie they got from the raptors Edin Bovcic are they gonna sign him or let him develop in europe?

AND SIGN REGGIE EVANS IF POSSIBLE!!!
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

Ya i think they will sign Steve Smith unless they are pursuing other people. Steve's hometown is Philly so there is not problem there. He will come to training camp and then will probably get a partially guaranteed contract. Edin is gonna be left in Europe for a while. From what I heard, he is a good shooter. Evans in Philly is a nice idea. There is a need for a backup PF.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

word on bavcic was that he was going to stay in europe. but i have some doubts, because in the site it seems he already has a jersey number and stuff.

my only concern about smith and bavcic is roster space. other than that, i dont think they will matter much -neither their contracts nor them-.

but i really hope we can sign someone significant. our team has huge needs, and as you mention Evans sounds very good. damn billy king and Comcast
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #4
sean
I brick open layups

sean has an OK reputation so far

besides Evans, who would be someone signifigant?
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:57 PM   #5
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

stephen smith has been signed to our training camp roster, same with rick brunson, and bavcic is in europe. It will come down to ivan mcfarlin, smith and brunson for the last 2 spots on our roster.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #6
Baller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Baller has an OK reputation so far

The last poster got it right. Smith will have to beat out the other two camp invitees. I think he will make our roster of 15, but will be on the IR most of the season. Brunsen will probably make it as well. As for our team, well ESPN's Mark Stein has us rated 29th out of 30 teams...Huh ? Look, I know we aren't all that, but 2nd to last ? I feel we are in the 16th to 20th range. And if our team concept can change, meanning Ivy learns that he has other teammates, and whether or not Ivy will actually try to play defense, as well as the rest of them will determine if we make a run at the playoffs. I still feel that Carney was a bad pick in the draft considering Cedric Simmons was still there. Webber is a stiff. Can't play at all in the paint anymore, or even tries to. And defensively he may be the worst PF in the league. Simmons is very young yes, but he is a great 6ft, 9 Athlete with Incredible defensive skills. Randolph is okay, but is nothing special. And will never be close to ever being a NBA starter.

Edin will stay in Europe for a couple of more years to develope. If he does, great for us. But that's a huge if. Can't wait til the 10th when we play our first pre-season game.
Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:46 AM   #7
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

yeah, i cant believe he had us taht low, its pathetic. We could easily be a low playoff seed, so im sayin at worst 18th or 20th in that range. We were hangin right with nj, washington, and cleveland with 24 games to go and went 8-16 in the final 24, we can hang with them. Carney wasnt a BAD pick, but i wanted ronnie brewer(cuz he plays d and can play 1,2 and 3) marcus williams to play the pg with ai at sg, or ced simmons. But i like carney too.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: