Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
intrinsic
Local High School Star
 
intrinsic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,775
intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation
Default Question (from non cavs fan)

Do you like the direction this team is moving? Who in their right mind believes this city will keep LeBron with the lesser players he's been given through his career. Furthermore, what's with the addition of Ben Wallace? How many more ****ing years? boobie and delonte are both very nice players, but your'e not going to win jack if that's your staring backcourt. Varejao has to be worth something -- to somebody. I dunno why cle targets Redd. I don't know how he'll make the team contenders or champions. tbh, i wouldn't mind a trade for starbury here since he's an expirer. more than that, he could play if he was healthy, maybe? that would be better than the crap lateral moves Ferry has made. The two best players, James and Z are still far better than rest of team by a wide margin. I dunno. Outside of Marvbury I'd really be open to a nyk trade, to gamble on some of their busted contracts. Curry, Randolph? Cle has assets to pull off trades where the parties are at odds, but u have to figure this same malcontent could hose u someday and turn into a lazy slob when unhappy. ?I like the value in that, though. LBJ could use pieces like Zach. Look wtf he did for Drew Godden and Carlos Boozxer. Sure, they're good players, but he had a helping hand in their big paydays. I wonder if James would stay in cle on a winner though? How much of a winner would it have to be? Playoff contender? title contender? champion? anyway, I'm just an outside looking in at all of this
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Question (from non cavs fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
Do you like the direction this team is moving? Who in their right mind believes this city will keep LeBron with the lesser players he's been given through his career. Furthermore, what's with the addition of Ben Wallace? How many more ****ing years? boobie and delonte are both very nice players, but your'e not going to win jack if that's your staring backcourt. Varejao has to be worth something -- to somebody. I dunno why cle targets Redd. I don't know how he'll make the team contenders or champions. tbh, i wouldn't mind a trade for starbury here since he's an expirer. more than that, he could play if he was healthy, maybe? that would be better than the crap lateral moves Ferry has made. The two best players, James and Z are still far better than rest of team by a wide margin. I dunno. Outside of Marvbury I'd really be open to a nyk trade, to gamble on some of their busted contracts. Curry, Randolph? Cle has assets to pull off trades where the parties are at odds, but u have to figure this same malcontent could hose u someday and turn into a lazy slob when unhappy. ?I like the value in that, though. LBJ could use pieces like Zach. Look wtf he did for Drew Godden and Carlos Boozxer. Sure, they're good players, but he had a helping hand in their big paydays. I wonder if James would stay in cle on a winner though? How much of a winner would it have to be? Playoff contender? title contender? champion? anyway, I'm just an outside looking in at all of this

You're not looking at the whole picture. First off, Lebron has more loyalty than the majority of stars out there. He's been quoted as being upset a lot of times when guys were traded, and he has a lot of faith in management. Lastly, he grew up in Akron, he's having a huge house built in OH. (Bath I think) and he WANTS to be here. It's one of his dreams to bring a championship to the Cavs.

Also, the guys we picked up last year, were very specifically picked because all of their contracts expire before Lebron James' contract. Which means we have time to revamp this team at least one more time before Lebron has to make his decision.

Those are the two biggest reasons why I'm not sweating him leaving.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I have never been shy about questioning the Cavs organizations decisions, or personnel (I HATE Mike Brown), and it makes me extremely happy that Lebron is here, not just as a player, but because as long as he's here, and Dan Gilbert is here, the team's front office is going to continue to make moves until they get that championship, and that's something I haven't seen in my lifetime. We watched Mark Price's team go year after year, figuring this would be their time, and never really adding any new pieces to make them better. It was very frustrating.

The Cavs are VERY underrated as is. Not only did they make the Finals two years ago, but this year, I don't think anyone challenged Boston in the playoffs more than the Cavs, including the Lakers. Defense and good half court basketball really DOES win championships.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 06-26-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
shaoyut
National High School Star
 
shaoyut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,108
shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Question (from non cavs fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You're not looking at the whole picture. First off, Lebron has more loyalty than the majority of stars out there. He's been quoted as being upset a lot of times when guys were traded, and he has a lot of faith in management. Lastly, he grew up in Akron, he's having a huge house built in OH. (Bath I think) and he WANTS to be here. It's one of his dreams to bring a championship to the Cavs.

Also, the guys we picked up last year, were very specifically picked because all of their contracts expire before Lebron James' contract. Which means we have time to revamp this team at least one more time before Lebron has to make his decision.

Those are the two biggest reasons why I'm not sweating him leaving.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I have never been shy about questioning the Cavs organizations decisions, or personnel (I HATE Mike Brown), and it makes me extremely happy that Lebron is here, not just as a player, but because as long as he's here, and Dan Gilbert is here, the team's front office is going to continue to make moves until they get that championship, and that's something I haven't seen in my lifetime. We watched Mark Price's team go year after year, figuring this would be their time, and never really adding any new pieces to make them better. It was very frustrating.

The Cavs are VERY underrated as is. Not only did they make the Finals two years ago, but this year, I don't think anyone challenged Boston in the playoffs more than the Cavs, including the Lakers. Defense and good half court basketball really DOES win championships.

Mathius

shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:45 AM   #4
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Question (from non cavs fan)

i believe Lebron is loyal. and I beleive it when he says he wants to be in Ohio, its his home. BUT, i think Cavs have to show that they are trying to give Lebron help... and they are. It may not be what lebron exactly wants but cavs org. are tyring and he sees that.

With that said, the next couple season will say alot. I know everybody is talking about New Yorks a big market with big money and although i think its possible, i think lebron will be looking to stay in cleveland. Thats IF, the org. continues to head into a good direction.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,301
mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Question (from non cavs fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
i believe Lebron is loyal. and I beleive it when he says he wants to be in Ohio, its his home. BUT, i think Cavs have to show that they are trying to give Lebron help... and they are. It may not be what lebron exactly wants but cavs org. are tyring and he sees that.

With that said, the next couple season will say alot. I know everybody is talking about New Yorks a big market with big money and although i think its possible, i think lebron will be looking to stay in cleveland. Thats IF, the org. continues to head into a good direction.


New York is indeed a big market, but there is no way that LeBron could become any more popular/marketable, etc than what he already is. He would leave for other reasons besides market size.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
intrinsic
Local High School Star
 
intrinsic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,775
intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Question (from non cavs fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You're not looking at the whole picture. First off, Lebron has more loyalty than the majority of stars out there. He's been quoted as being upset a lot of times when guys were traded, and he has a lot of faith in management. Lastly, he grew up in Akron, he's having a huge house built in OH. (Bath I think) and he WANTS to be here. It's one of his dreams to bring a championship to the Cavs.

Also, the guys we picked up last year, were very specifically picked because all of their contracts expire before Lebron James' contract. Which means we have time to revamp this team at least one more time before Lebron has to make his decision.

Those are the two biggest reasons why I'm not sweating him leaving.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I have never been shy about questioning the Cavs organizations decisions, or personnel (I HATE Mike Brown), and it makes me extremely happy that Lebron is here, not just as a player, but because as long as he's here, and Dan Gilbert is here, the team's front office is going to continue to make moves until they get that championship, and that's something I haven't seen in my lifetime. We watched Mark Price's team go year after year, figuring this would be their time, and never really adding any new pieces to make them better. It was very frustrating.

The Cavs are VERY underrated as is. Not only did they make the Finals two years ago, but this year, I don't think anyone challenged Boston in the playoffs more than the Cavs, including the Lakers. Defense and good half court basketball really DOES win championships.

Mathius
Appreciate the response, Mathius. FIrst, I'll admit that I really don't see the whole picture. What sparked my thread, however, was this disheartening feeling i'd get before the draft with all of this analyst buzz about Team A or Team B dumping salary to clear cap space for a run at LeBron. It was portrayed as a foregone conclusion that he was leaving instead of reupping in Cleveland. Again, I don't know all of the details or the entire background here, but I'd like to see LeBron stay in Cleveland.

Even though that Ben Wallace acquisition was frustrating, I understand the Larry Hughes situation was just plain bad. I don't think the Cavs are underrated. They're still a second tier EC team alongside the new Toronto and Orlando.

Unfortunately, Z (one of my favorite players), is on the downside of his career. That's not to say he is no longer a capable starting C in the league though. Just for the sake of comparison, lets look @ LAL and how they've progressed from Medvedenko's, Kwame's and Smush's to what their roster is now. Right now, the cavs roster is stuck somewhere in the middle spinning its wheels.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:33 AM   #7
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,594
B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Question (from non cavs fan)

I agree that if he does stay it won't be because of any roster moves, it will eventually come down to his loyalty for his team. Honestly I think he'll stay because if you look at the all-time greats, most of them are known for one team. Larry = Celtics, Magic = Lakers, Russell = Celtics, Jordan = Bulls, Hakeem = Rockets, Reggie = Pacers....I think LeBron is gonna stay here because this is HIS city. This is where he started, and this is where I think he'll spend the first decade at least of his career.

Loyalty is more powerful than a lot of people think
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy