Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-26-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default A couple /questions ideas about the future

1. Because this deal can't be completed until July 9, what happens if someone the raps are REALLY interested in drops to number 17? Could we make the pick and say sorry Indy, we changed our mind, or JO didn't pass the physical? Stranger things have happened. I remeber Granger was projected to go 6-10 and he fell to 17. So what happens if, BROOK Lopez drops all the way to 17? For example. Or maybe more realistically Brandon Rush? Assuming it is a player the raptors really wanted, but didn't think they had a shot at.

2. We still have another mid-level exception, about 6 million? Perhaps that could land us Pietrus. Any other swing you'd like to see them target with that exception? there are going to be a lot of free agents this year and almost all teams have only the mid-level to offer.

3. What is Bargnani's value out there? Do you think we could get, say, Ben Gordon for him? Would you want to? What about the Matrix? What would that cost? Bargs, Hump, Parker, Kapono, 2 draft picks. We would have no bench but could you imagine that starting lineup.

I really think we are one player away from winning 2 rounds in the playoffs, so the real question is - how can we get that player?
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: A couple /questions ideas about the future

I don't think the Raptors would back out on this deal based on the prospect available. If this was so, I would think the trade would be announced during the draft then.

I don't think we'll see any huge trades regarding the Raptors the rest of the offseason. I've heard about Jefferson but what the hell would they want on our roster. Toronto has basically dealt most of it's trade chips already in Ford, our largest expirer and the pick.

Perhaps we can get Childress with Atlanta probably giving a good chunk of change to Josh Smith. He's pretty much your average SG but a decent replacement for Parker. In the event Delfino leaves, I like Azubuike as a backup 2.

Don't forget a portion of the MLE might be used on a backup point, perhaps Duhon or Carter.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
bluerap
Local High School Star

Richardson to the bucks for Yi just announced on the chuck swirsky show.

Yi>bargs???

I gotta believe that we had a chance here, maybe BC just doesn't want to touch bargs.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

That would be very disappointing if true. I know he's Colangelo's pet project and all but if the oppourtunity to steal Jefferson like that came up, you can't let that mess up your judgement.

As of right now yes, Yi>Bargs if for no other than reason than Andrea had a crap season.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

It was Yi and Simmons for RJ.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow, can you imagine if it was Bargs instead?

PG:Jose
SG:AP
SF:RJ
PF:Bosh
C:J O'Neal

That team would be right up there with Boston. Damn you BC and your stupid pride!!
Reef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #7
bluerap
Local High School Star

ok yi and bobby simmons definitely > bargs.
But maybe we could have put a little bit more together.
Maybe bargs, hump, moon?
Ah well, I guess you can't get everything on your wishlist in one day.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #8
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well the two of them are better than Bargs, but Yi is very comparable to Bargs alone as the main piece.
Reef is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: