Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 06-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #16
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

Default Re: 2008 NBA draft--discuss/rate the Cavs draft

I'm a big fan of JJ, but he's not what I wanted. Summer League will be nice to see how JJ, Sasha and Darnell play (And Tractor Traylor)
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #17
Quickness
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
I'm a big fan of JJ, but he's not what I wanted. Summer League will be nice to see how JJ, Sasha and Darnell play (And Tractor Traylor)

Happy to see this. nice avvy by the way.

Cavs were set on him right when he entered college, I think he'd be hyped up if he didnt attend N.C.State.
Quickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #18
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickness
Happy to see this. nice avvy by the way.

Cavs were set on him right when he entered college, I think he'd be hyped up if he didnt attend N.C.State.
Yeah, he's a great talent. I remember him being hyped for a little bit, but it died down quite a bit. He's not as bad of a pick as some people are saying.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #19
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Yeah, he's a great talent. I remember him being hyped for a little bit, but it died down quite a bit. He's not as bad of a pick as some people are saying.
WOW!!!!!!!! im so excited about next season and the fact that we got 3 good rookies. i wasnt really impressed with what we did in the draft at that time but now that i look back on it, we did a good job in acquiring JJ, Sasha, and Darnell.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #20
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

ESPN.com seems to like him. He sounds like a talented player, and someone with some upside, but the stuff I hear about his lack of effort concerns me. Mike Brown isn't exactly a master motivator.

We could've done worse, I guess.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #21
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

This kid better pan out, because Ferry's running out of chances as far as I'm concerned.

Two years ago, Shannon Brown was a complete bust. He got credit for the Gibson pick, but that was a no brainer. The guy was even projected as high as 10th at the time on some mock drafts.

Last year, there was all kinds of talk about him buying a pick, or trading into the draft, and nothing.

This year, he drafts Hickson, who might turn out to be a player, might not, but it's still a suspect pick when there were at least 2 big men rated above him that were falling (Arthur and Koufas), and there was all that pre draft talk about how if we couldn't get a player that could contribute now, we would trade the pick.

To me, if this guy doesn't pan out, then Ferry's last chance to redeem himself is going to be what he does with Wally, and Wallace's contracts or how he moves them. I'd like to keep Joe Smith (at a lower price tag) and Delonte.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #22
Quickness
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
ESPN.com seems to like him. He sounds like a talented player, and someone with some upside, but the stuff I hear about his lack of effort concerns me. Mike Brown isn't exactly a master motivator.

We could've done worse, I guess.

Honestly they just said that all the time in college, but it was due to the fact he quit trying as hard because he teammates didnt care. Only person on the roster for N.C.State I remember trying there heart out all year was Gavin Grant. I remember him talking about his workouts last year and he seem pretty dedicated, I've never seen him work out, but this is his dream and the only reason he spent a year in college. Certainly tried during MOST games.
Quickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #23
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Anyone have any thoughts on Darnell Jackson?

He says he's always wanted to play with LBJ. It's kinda weird to hear about players growing up dreaming of playing with King James. Kid is still only 23 years old.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #24
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Anyone have any thoughts on Darnell Jackson?

He says he's always wanted to play with LBJ. It's kinda weird to hear about players growing up dreaming of playing with King James. Kid is still only 23 years old.
but then again, who doesnt
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: