Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Around the NBA

This thread is to discuss any news and rumours NOT associated with the Raptors.

Please post all non-Raptors news in here.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Around the NBA

The Milwaukee Bucks are reportedly in negotiations with the New Jersey Nets to ship forwards Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons in exchange for forward Richard Jefferson.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=2417...headlines_main

I haven't looked up Bobby Simmons contract so this is assuming that he is not an expirer.

Why wouldn't BC offer up Bargnani & Kapono for Jefferson? IMO that's a better deal for the nets.

Yi and Bargnani are pretty much even right now but Kapono IMO is better than Simmons.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Miami is reportedly considering sending the No. 2 pick and Shawn Marion to the Los Angeles Clippers for No. 7 and Elton Brand.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=212308&src=150

Now that's what you call a trade.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I read that the Sonics ripped off the Clips already.......Seattle sent #4 to the Clips for #7 and future first. Presti has skill. He'll probably get a guy he wanted at #7 anyway and now gets a future first from a bad team.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
The Milwaukee Bucks are reportedly in negotiations with the New Jersey Nets to ship forwards Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons in exchange for forward Richard Jefferson.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=2417...headlines_main

I haven't looked up Bobby Simmons contract so this is assuming that he is not an expirer.

Why wouldn't BC offer up Bargnani & Kapono for Jefferson? IMO that's a better deal for the nets.

Yi and Bargnani are pretty much even right now but Kapono IMO is better than Simmons.

I think the deal saves the Nets money long term, so I think Simmons only has 2 years left compared to RJ's 3 years. Gives the Nets like $10 mill in savings for 2010 offseaon. Kapono's contract length might have been the deal breaker.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I read that the Sonics ripped off the Clips already.......Seattle sent #4 to the Clips for #7 and future first. Presti has skill. He'll probably get a guy he wanted at #7 anyway and now gets a future first from a bad team.

I believe that deal is contingent on Minnesota taking OJ Mayo with the 3rd pick.

If Minny passes on Mayo then that deal is off.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Russel Westbrook?

C'Mon Seattle.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Despite Lebron's ties to Jay-z, I think that the only thing that could pry him to NJ (Brooklyn?) is if the Nets had a team that he feels can win now. Why would he want 2 years from now to go to a team with Potential that are in a rebuilding phase? I mean I understand their rationale in making the trade but I think they could've got more for RJ.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Two sources confirmed to ESPN.com's Chad Ford late Thursday night that Minnesota will send the draft rights to Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker, and Greg Buckner to Memphis in exchange for the right to Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, and Jason Collins.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

Houston also got Dorsey and Donte Green for the rights to Batum! What a deal for Houston.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #11
RapsFan
Great college starter

Portland is going to be scary good....as soon as next year, and certainly in 2-3 years.

Roy
Bayless
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

Bench: Webster, Prz, Rudy Fernandez, Sergio Rodriquez, Blake, Channing Frye, Diogu, Batum

That is SICK. Look at that freakin' bench let alone their starters. And, they have a rich enough owner to actually sign most of the key guys to big deals.

To top it all off, they have one of the biggest expiring deals in LaFrentz to deal and this doesn't count anything they add with their MLE.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #12
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Portland is going to be scary good....as soon as next year, and certainly in 2-3 years.

Roy
Bayless
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

Bench: Webster, Prz, Rudy Fernandez, Sergio Rodriquez, Blake, Channing Frye, Diogu, Batum

That is SICK. Look at that freakin' bench let alone their starters. And, they have a rich enough owner to actually sign most of the key guys to big deals.

To top it all off, they have one of the biggest expiring deals in LaFrentz to deal and this doesn't count anything they add with their MLE.

That bench will ultimately be their down fall. To much talent, to many people on the bench that can start for so many other teams. They have a very small window to make decessions on who they want. One, two years tops before the dressing room starts to implode.

But what a team right now, you have to love what the Blazers have done.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #13
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
That bench will ultimately be their down fall. To much talent, to many people on the bench that can start for so many other teams. They have a very small window to make decessions on who they want. One, two years tops before the dressing room starts to implode.

But what a team right now, you have to love what the Blazers have done.

Gee, talk about glass half full.

That is pretty dramatic. I think they will be just fine. Guys like Frye, Blake, Prz, Ike aren't starters and know it. Batum will probably spend some time in the D league. Eventually some of them will just move on to other teams, but that doesn't mean the entire roster has to implode for it to happen.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #14
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

I agree with b4ball. Yes they do have lots of young talent but I can't see them keeping everyone at a good price. All their core guys are still on their rookie deals IIRC and it's going to be a lot of hard decision making for Prichard to decide who to keep.

However, they do have a boatload of assets to trade for a vet and if they can keep their costs down like the Spurs did building around 3 players, they'll be fine.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
RapsFan
Great college starter

I still think they are the model for building a team right now. They also have the richest owner (or close to it) in the league which makes a massive difference. They are in great shape. I would trade our roster for theirs in a second.

Just read Maggette is looking at the Magic. Potential for a MLE deal only! If they get Cory, they will be very very good.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: