Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Nba 2k7

For those who don't play Ball video games, please just ignore this thread as we don't need the 'why don't you play real ball' comments. many of us probably do both.

I know this game has been talked about some, but not sure if there was a thread.

Anyway, I have always bought Live from EA, but tons of people say the 2K series is better.

My question is, what is the deal with the 'shot stick'. How does that work?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'm the same way man. Always been a live guy. I've always been a live guy, and one time I rented 2k2 and I hated it so I stuck with live ever since, but lately I've been hearing that the 2K series is a lot better, so any info at all I'd love to read.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

I'm gonna tell you a story filled with adventure, discovery and enjoyment. It goes like this, my friend was the biggest NBA live fan you could ever find, he played 1 GAME of NBA 2k6 and instantly confessed how much better 2K6 was than Live, from that day on hes been playin 2K6. All im askin is give it a shot, you may like it better or not but its still a good game, its cheaper and much better gameplay in my opinion
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation

After buying 2K hockey last year I will never buy another 2K game in my life.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

2K6 is an awesome game and is much better than Live 06. The shot stick really doesn't effect the game much other than choosing to do a hookshot or fade away shot when posting up. Most of the time I just use the circle button to shoot, except during free throws where you have to use the shot stick, but it is easy.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

What features from each game make you favor one from another?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:56 PM   #7
the truth
...since 95

the truth has an OK reputation so far

The shot stick is a cool feature but like a prevous poster said, I still use the button for jump shots. It is useful for chosing different postmoves, layups and dunks. Probably the most usful feature is the left and right layups that allow you to lean away from the defender and put it off the glass.

Fanboys are hard nuts to crack but for real, 2k is much better if your looking for a more realistic basketball experience. When I play it has the feel of a real game, Live doesnt give me that feeling at all.

I switched over to the 2K series about 3 years ago. I've tried the Live games each year but they just dont measure up in gameplay, graphics, physics etc. The only thing Live has on the 2K series is the create a player options. In 2K6 and previous installments there were only 6 different faces you can apply to a player and you can only store a maximum of 10 players! Give me a break! The Raptor squad alone took up more than half the slots. This is however a small negative to an otherwise excellent game. I just hope they correct this in 2K7.

Give 2K an honest try, at least a week. You'll be glad you did.
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:53 AM   #8
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth
The shot stick is a cool feature but like a prevous poster said, I still use the button for jump shots. It is useful for chosing different postmoves, layups and dunks. Probably the most usful feature is the left and right layups that allow you to lean away from the defender and put it off the glass.

Fanboys are hard nuts to crack but for real, 2k is much better if your looking for a more realistic basketball experience. When I play it has the feel of a real game, Live doesnt give me that feeling at all.

I switched over to the 2K series about 3 years ago. I've tried the Live games each year but they just dont measure up in gameplay, graphics, physics etc. The only thing Live has on the 2K series is the create a player options. In 2K6 and previous installments there were only 6 different faces you can apply to a player and you can only store a maximum of 10 players! Give me a break! The Raptor squad alone took up more than half the slots. This is however a small negative to an otherwise excellent game. I just hope they correct this in 2K7.

Give 2K an honest try, at least a week. You'll be glad you did.

Same story with me. Live is falling a tad behind, as 2k strives on improving every aspect. Live continues the arcade style of play, which is addicting to many, but seems to be loosening from 2k's higher standards.

Although both seem to have disimilar styles of play, it really depends though on ones taste of either the Live concept of the quick-time arcade feel, or the more in depth strategic counterpart in the eyes of the 2K series.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: