Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default I have no faith in Paxson, Reinsdorf and the entire Bulls organization.

I don't have a real preference between Rose/Beasley either. It's just that the Skiles firing/Boylan hire, the D'Antoni/Collins fiasco and finally hiring a coach with as much experience on the job as I have just doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the people that run the Bulls.

Maybe the 1st pick becomes a franchise player, but I have my doubts. Mostly because he's going to be joining the organization that gets the minimum out of all of these lottery picks. Paxson will now have had his 6th lottery pick in 5 years on the job. 7 1st rounders. And how many legitimate all-stars to build a contender around? 0.

That needs to change tonight. Wish I felt that it will but I don't.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: I have no faith in Paxson, Reinsdorf and the entire Bulls organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
I don't have a real preference between Rose/Beasley either. It's just that the Skiles firing/Boylan hire, the D'Antoni/Collins fiasco and finally hiring a coach with as much experience on the job as I have just doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the people that run the Bulls.

Maybe the 1st pick becomes a franchise player, but I have my doubts. Mostly because he's going to be joining the organization that gets the minimum out of all of these lottery picks. Paxson will now have had his 6th lottery pick in 5 years on the job. 7 1st rounders. And how many legitimate all-stars to build a contender around? 0.

relax... the Bulls can't screw this pick up... Beasley and Rose are both gonna be studs... thank god we don't have pick 3-10 b/c that's where it gets tough ( just like in past years for the Bulls).
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #3
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I have no faith in Paxson, Reinsdorf and the entire Bulls organization.

Hope you guys take Rose. Will be a star for you guys.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

i totally agree paxson hasnt shown me anything in his years as a gm. i mean, he at one time had cap room, a young team with a good record, and high draft picks, and loused it up.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
relax... the Bulls can't screw this pick up... Beasley and Rose are both gonna be studs... thank god we don't have pick 3-10 b/c that's where it gets tough ( just like in past years for the Bulls).

If there is one organization in the NBA that can mess up a high pick its the Bulls.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: I have no faith in Paxson, Reinsdorf and the entire Bulls organization.

Quote:
If there is one organization in the NBA that can mess up a high pick its the Bulls.

You are right...we are awful at developing young talent. They even needed to bring in a big man coach because all of the coaches they had couldn't help them. I really hope they don't insist on keeping Pete Myers and Ron Adams on the staff.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
dak121
College superstar

Now I'm reading some stuff about Rose not starting from the beginning of the season. Like he has to 'earn' minutes.

That's an archaic view of basketball stuck in the 50s. Either he plays from the start or Paxson screwed up and should be fired. Play him through his mistakes and let him learn on the court because he isn't going to learn a damn thing from the bench.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

IMO, Del Negro is a much better choice than Collins. I'm glad Pax signed him. Paxsons made one good move and one great move so far... hiring Del Negro and drafting Derrick Rose.

Now if he pulls off a trade for that 20 PPG PF.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #9
dak121
College superstar

So the Bulls have added 2 more guards to the 6-8 guards they already have, even though the 2nd rounder will probably never play a game for the Bulls.

Hinrich is still on the roster, and Gordon looks set to be leaving most likely.

A Hinrich/Rose backcourt is dog****. And Hinrich is too expensive and limited to bring off the bench. Paxson is already off to a crappy start this summer.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
2008#1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

2008#1 has an OK reputation so far

Life long bulls fan, and I feel I may not even tune in next year. Pax gave into the ignorant Chicago media, whom received there idea of endorsing Rose, from the fans in the city. If the team goes into next season endorsing the CORE, we will be in for another long season. Pax should have moved some of these players tonight.(deng, gordon) We could have blown this team up and started over with a few young draft picks ala Portland. Beasley was the player to build around.(Best player in the draft hands down). We will get minimal return for hinrich or gordon. The other teams in the league know we need to move one, therefore they have the upper hand. I am really pissed, so sorry for the rant on my first post.

p.s. beasley was the scorer we need, even if he does not turn into a great nba post player.
2008#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:24 AM   #11
buechlerforthree
I brick open layups

buechlerforthree has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008#1
Life long bulls fan, and I feel I may not even tune in next year. Pax gave into the ignorant Chicago media, whom received there idea of endorsing Rose, from the fans in the city. If the team goes into next season endorsing the CORE, we will be in for another long season. Pax should have moved some of these players tonight.(deng, gordon) We could have blown this team up and started over with a few young draft picks ala Portland. Beasley was the player to build around.(Best player in the draft hands down). We will get minimal return for hinrich or gordon. The other teams in the league know we need to move one, therefore they have the upper hand. I am really pissed, so sorry for the rant on my first post.

p.s. beasley was the scorer we need, even if he does not turn into a great nba post player.

What in the world are you talking about? The first part of your post is incoherent. The second half...talking about moving deng and gordon...you dont even say what you were hoping to get in return. No way we trade deng. He is a great player who has improved every year except last yr, when the entire team went into the toilet due to a terrible locker room environment, tense player-coach relationships, etc. Moving Hinrich is no big deal, we're almost certain to move him and Duhon, and were bound to get something decent in return. Expect the Bulls to make some moves in the offseason for sure. Paxson is going to pull some things we havent seen yet from him, knowing full well his ass is on the line.

Saying we should pick Beasley over Rose, and that the Bulls cant build around Rose is absurd. Rose may be the best point guard coming out of college in over a decade. Blowing our team up just to pick up some more rookies doesnt seem to make sense at this point.
buechlerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:11 AM   #12
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

When you see Derrick Rose maximize the talent on this roster, I guess then you'll understand Rose IS the player to build around. He is phenomenal and I think you just need to research more and watch more video.

BY THE WAY... Deng and Gordon can't be traded until July 1st because they are restricted free agents and I think the Bulls have to wait Hinrich too until July 1st because he is BYC player.

The Bulls will make a deal and you have to be patient. You really need to relax.

IF YOU A LIFE LONG BULLS FAN, THIS WOULD BE THE ABSOLUTE WORST TIME TO TUNE OUT.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:14 AM   #13
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
So the Bulls have added 2 more guards to the 6-8 guards they already have, even though the 2nd rounder will probably never play a game for the Bulls.

Hinrich is still on the roster, and Gordon looks set to be leaving most likely.

A Hinrich/Rose backcourt is dog****. And Hinrich is too expensive and limited to bring off the bench. Paxson is already off to a crappy start this summer.

That is the most negative outlook ever or possible. The Bulls are in great shape right now. After July 1st a deal can go down and will. I think you need to realize this is the summer that will change history for the Bulls franchise. Like someone said, Paxson knows he has to save his ass and is no longer protective of his "core". It's all gonna be good come start of the regular season.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #14
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Bulls2333 has decent reputation

Quote:

Doesn't sound like a lifelong Bulls fans...this is the best situation the Bulls have had during the off-season in years. Saying you're thinking about tuning out when the trade market hasn't even opened yet makes you sound ignorant.

If you've been watching the Bulls for the past 4 years or so, they're problem hasn't been scoring, really. It's lack of on-court leadship. No leader, no one to hold things together, and no leadership in a 5 on 5 basketball game equals turnovers.

With Gooden/Thomas/Noah, I think we have all we need as far as post presence goes. They're not all guaranteed to be in Chicago next season, but even as it's projected, it's sufficient with a PG like Rose.

Last edited by Bulls2333 : 06-27-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:24 PM   #15
brink666
Can barely lace up my sneakers

brink666 has an OK reputation so far

Patience is good advice....

Gooden has 1 yr remaining on $7.5 million deal . Heinrich, I think , stays 'til the trading deadline. I don't know what Gordon is looking for in terms of money. I hear he nixed 5yr/50 mil. I do not think he's gonna get that offer again. TT was working out w Deng.. supposedly he had 2" on Deng, so he's grown. I can see what Pax saw in him, TT. Let's hope he blossoms. Noah is disappointing in the trouble and I heard Gray is fatter than season ending. Duhon is gone F.A. Salary cap looks pretty decent- 2 yrs til Hughes is off. Tabo stayed around to work. wait...........

Aussie
brink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: