Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #46
Basketball_Guru
I airball my layups
 
Basketball_Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 65
Basketball_Guru has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Yeah thats definetly a problem, espescially for a PG.
Espescially a PG who shot less than 40% from the Field for 4 months, has no outside shot at all, and averaged 3.3 Turnovers to 5.4 APG.
Horrible numbers that can't be justified, anybody who says Westbrook had a good rookie season is an idiot and only looks at PPG, APG, RPG to determine a players talent.


Westbrook played 2 years at UCLA.


Russell Westbrook cant play PG, I dont think you realize how stupid you sound trying to make that claim.

Did you even watch him play?

This guy is definetly an athlete, but all of his baskets came off of dunks or layups.
Once again hes a tremendous athlete, in OKC's system he sometimes grabs boards brings the ball up the court at full speed and either dunks or draws a foul while 1/2 of the time he turns the ball over.

His numbers are exaggerated due to the lack of talent on the Thunder, nobody else on that team could average more than 10 PPG even with the lack of options they had and this allowed Westbrook to get more opportunities to take shots.


ok now im convinced u know nothing about bball...u said "nobody else on that team could average more than 10ppg even with the lack of options they had..and this allowed westbrook to get more oppurtunities to take shots..."

wow..have u heard of a guy named Kevin Durant?? who was top 5 or 6 in the nba in scoring..o and have u heard of Jeff GReen?? yeah maybe you need to watch more bball..and u gettin on this guy like HE ISNT A ROOKIE..come on..yeah im sry if i judged A ROOKIE by getting 18/5/5..anybody else will tell u ur out ur mind..yeah his jump shot is going to get better..look at Tony Parker who couldnt shoot when he first got in the league..now he is a all-star and finals MVP..learn some basketball and be quiet cuz u sound ridiculous..
Basketball_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #47
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Actually my previous statement was stupid, I should've said 1st player from the 1st Round out of the league
1 vote for Alexis Ajinca
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #48
new noise
madvillain
 
new noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,481
new noise has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
How does Westbrook stick in the NBA?

At best he molds himself into an athletic defensive PG, with the ability to slash to the basket and draw fouls.

When that athleticism is Gone, Westbrook is Gone.

I just don't understand the 'logic' you try to use. He's what, 20 years old at this point? You're right, once his legs go he's done - he'll never stick more than say 12 or 13 years.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #49
Basketball_Guru
I airball my layups
 
Basketball_Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 65
Basketball_Guru has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Lets see..lets take Tony Parker from the San Antonio Spurs..who is a 2 or 3 time all star ( i dont exactly remember) and a 2 time nba champ and a 1 time Finals MVP..

his first year compared to R-Westbrook's

Tony Parker
41.9 FG % -- 32.3 3PT % -- 67.5% FT -- 2.6 RPG -- 4.3 APG -- 2.0 TO -- 9.2 PPG

Russell Westbrook
39.8 FG % -- 27.1 3PT % -- 81.5 FT% -- 4.9 RPG -- 5.3 APG -- 3.3 TO -- 15.3 PPG

So tony's FG % is 1.1% higer..his 3PT % is 5.2% higher, but Russel's FT% is WAY higher..his RPG are higher..as well as assist and scoring..but alot..and they were both 3rd options on their teams..although i know the Spurs are 100x better than OKC..

Lets take Miami Heat's Dwayne Wade..who is a 5x all star..finals mVp and NBA champ and he is an All-NBA 1st team member..lets look at his rookie yr compared to Russel's

Dwayne Wade
46.5 FG % -- 30.2 3PT % -- 74.7 FT % -- 4.1 RPG -- 4.5APG -- 3.2 TO -- 16.3PPG

Russell Westbrook
39.8 FG % -- 27.1 3PT % -- 81.5 FT% -- 4.9 RPG -- 5.3 APG -- 3.3 TO -- 15.3 PPG

these are almost mirror images in statistics..u need to learn that your gonna struggle sometimes playing as rookie with your shooting and turnovers..so u gonna say D wade and tony parker are bust too??? i dont think so..learn some bball why dont u?..
Basketball_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #50
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,088
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
I just don't understand the 'logic' you try to use. He's what, 20 years old at this point? You're right, once his legs go he's done - he'll never stick more than say 12 or 13 years.



I just dont think this guy uses his brain when posting. He swears he has his opinion and people just disagree. But that really isnt it. Its the things he says in supporting his argument that dont make much sense. Like this...when his athletism goes he'll be gone. Well thats common for alot of athletes duh and it happens after YEARS in the NBA. So before that TIME arrived for Westbrook who is still young. What are you exactly saying to support your point? Nothing.

I'm lost why countless times he has been called out on his logic or lackthereof he just doesnt rethink alot of what he says. I bump his threads in hope he looks back on it and asks himself "What was I thinking?".
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #51
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball_Guru
ok now im convinced u know nothing about bball...u said "nobody else on that team could average more than 10ppg even with the lack of options they had..and this allowed westbrook to get more oppurtunities to take shots..."
True.

Quote:
wow..have u heard of a guy named Kevin Durant?? who was top 5 or 6 in the nba in scoring..o and have u heard of Jeff GReen?? yeah maybe you need to watch more bball..and u gettin on this guy like HE ISNT A ROOKIE.
You just proved my point, there were only 3 real scoring options on that Thunder team last year.
Westbrook was the only PG/SG with an actual interest in scoring, yet he did it inefficiently.



Quote:
.come on..yeah im sry if i judged A ROOKIE by getting 18/5/5..anybody else will tell u ur out ur mind..yeah his jump shot is going to get better..look at Tony Parker who couldnt shoot when he first got in the league..now he is a all-star and finals MVP..learn some basketball and be quiet cuz u sound ridiculous..
He didnt average 18/5/5.

He averaged 13/5/5 on a high uptempo team which allows him to grab more boards than usual for his position, while only averaging 5 APG as a full time PG compared to 3+ Turnovers while shooting a low FG%.

Tony Parker is not a good comparison at all, Tony Parker doesnt rely on his athleticism the way Westbrook does, statistically at the same point Parker was a better passer, and Parker was drafted #28 not #4 like Westbrook was.

You know another PG who couldn't shoot as a rookie?

Marcus Banks
Sebastian Telfair
Antonio Daniels


We'll see if Westbrook develops a jumper over time.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #52
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball_Guru
Lets see..lets take Tony Parker from the San Antonio Spurs..who is a 2 or 3 time all star ( i dont exactly remember) and a 2 time nba champ and a 1 time Finals MVP..

his first year compared to R-Westbrook's

Tony Parker
41.9 FG % -- 32.3 3PT % -- 67.5% FT -- 2.6 RPG -- 4.3 APG -- 2.0 TO -- 9.2 PPG

Russell Westbrook
39.8 FG % -- 27.1 3PT % -- 81.5 FT% -- 4.9 RPG -- 5.3 APG -- 3.3 TO -- 15.3 PPG

So tony's FG % is 1.1% higer..his 3PT % is 5.2% higher, but Russel's FT% is WAY higher..his RPG are higher..as well as assist and scoring..but alot..and they were both 3rd options on their teams..although i know the Spurs are 100x better than OKC..

Lets take Miami Heat's Dwayne Wade..who is a 5x all star..finals mVp and NBA champ and he is an All-NBA 1st team member..lets look at his rookie yr compared to Russel's

Dwayne Wade
46.5 FG % -- 30.2 3PT % -- 74.7 FT % -- 4.1 RPG -- 4.5APG -- 3.2 TO -- 16.3PPG

Russell Westbrook
39.8 FG % -- 27.1 3PT % -- 81.5 FT% -- 4.9 RPG -- 5.3 APG -- 3.3 TO -- 15.3 PPG

these are almost mirror images in statistics..u need to learn that your gonna struggle sometimes playing as rookie with your shooting and turnovers..so u gonna say D wade and tony parker are bust too??? i dont think so..learn some bball why dont u?..


Mirror images in statistics?

Wade is a SG not a PG, Wade still shot 7% higher from the Field, thats not even comparable at all to Westbrook.

Horrible horrible analysis, you're comparing 2 players who were on much better teams than Oklahoma City last season, almost any player who knows how to create his shot would average over 10 PPG on that horrible Thunder team.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #53
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
I just don't understand the 'logic' you try to use. He's what, 20 years old at this point? You're right, once his legs go he's done - he'll never stick more than say 12 or 13 years.
Thats not always the case.

Sometimes a player suffers a bad injury early on in their career, I'm just pointing out if he loses any of his athleticism due to an injury hes pretty much done in the NBA.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #54
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB


I just dont think this guy uses his brain when posting. He swears he has his opinion and people just disagree. But that really isnt it. Its the things he says in supporting his argument that dont make much sense. Like this...when his athletism goes he'll be gone. Well thats common for alot of athletes duh and it happens after YEARS in the NBA. So before that TIME arrived for Westbrook who is still young. What are you exactly saying to support your point? Nothing.

I'm lost why countless times he has been called out on his logic or lackthereof he just doesnt rethink alot of what he says. I bump his threads in hope he looks back on it and asks himself "What was I thinking?".
What are your opinions on Russell Westbrook? You do realize shooting under 40% from the Field as a PG with a low assist/high turnover rate is not impressive at all.

You do realize that having 21 games of shooting 30% from the Field or worse is not impressive at all.

You do realize that having 17 games of 5 or more turnovers in a game as a PG is not impressive at all.

Facts.

There is no excuse for his past season, the only people who consider it impressive or among as good rookie seasons as Rose,Mayo,or Gordon are idiots.

If you care about production, rather than the efficiency of the production it was a better rookie season compared to other rookies, who either didnt have the same role Westbrook had or didnt play the minutes Westbrook did.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #55
Basketball_Guru
I airball my layups
 
Basketball_Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 65
Basketball_Guru has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
True.


You just proved my point, there were only 3 real scoring options on that Thunder team last year.
Westbrook was the only PG/SG with an actual interest in scoring, yet he did it inefficiently.


what teams have more than 3 scoring options..shaq and kobe is only 2..and mj and scottie is 2..u dont know anything..ur gettin on him..and he is avg 13/5/5 as a rookie..tony parker did rely on his quickness u dont know anything..quit talkin
Basketball_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #56
Basketball_Guru
I airball my layups
 
Basketball_Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 65
Basketball_Guru has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator


Mirror images in statistics?

Wade is a SG not a PG, Wade still shot 7% higher from the Field, thats not even comparable at all to Westbrook.

Horrible horrible analysis, you're comparing 2 players who were on much better teams than Oklahoma City last season, almost any player who knows how to create his shot would average over 10 PPG on that horrible Thunder team.

dwade shots 7 percent higher but westbrook does everything better and dwade came into the league as a PG so learn your facts bro..
Basketball_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #57
AlThornton
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 550
AlThornton has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
True.


You just proved my point, there were only 3 real scoring options on that Thunder team last year.
Westbrook was the only PG/SG with an actual interest in scoring, yet he did it inefficiently.




He didnt average 18/5/5.

He averaged 13/5/5 on a high uptempo team which allows him to grab more boards than usual for his position, while only averaging 5 APG as a full time PG compared to 3+ Turnovers while shooting a low FG%.

Tony Parker is not a good comparison at all, Tony Parker doesnt rely on his athleticism the way Westbrook does, statistically at the same point Parker was a better passer, and Parker was drafted #28 not #4 like Westbrook was.

You know another PG who couldn't shoot as a rookie?

Marcus Banks
Sebastian Telfair
Antonio Daniels


We'll see if Westbrook develops a jumper over time.


15/5/5
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:53 AM   #58
AlThornton
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 550
AlThornton has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
What are your opinions on Russell Westbrook? You do realize shooting under 40% from the Field as a PG with a low assist/high turnover rate is not impressive at all.

You do realize that having 21 games of shooting 30% from the Field or worse is not impressive at all.

You do realize that having 17 games of 5 or more turnovers in a game as a PG is not impressive at all.

Facts.

There is no excuse for his past season, the only people who consider it impressive or among as good rookie seasons as Rose,Mayo,or Gordon are idiots.

If you care about production, rather than the efficiency of the production it was a better rookie season compared to other rookies, who either didnt have the same role Westbrook had or didnt play the minutes Westbrook did.


Westbrook is the first rookie since Chris Paul to get a triple double.

In the month of February he averaged 21/6/6

This was his first year playing PG since High School
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #59
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlThornton
Westbrook is the first rookie since Chris Paul to get a triple double.

In the month of February he averaged 21/6/6

This was his first year playing PG since High School
For good reason, he knows how to attack the basket and get his shot but offensively that is all he can do..

What a great month in February for Westbrook 21/6/6 on 38% shooting with 4 turnovers per game while the Thunder went 3-9.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #60
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

Did this idiot just compare Westbrook to Tony Parker and Dwyane Wade? Good thing I deleted his mock draft from this forum twice. That **** was trash.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy