Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #16
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Sticky: The Keith Brumbaugh Watch

I'm more shocked that SA took James Gist over Brumbaugh.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #17
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I'm more shocked that SA took James Gist over Brumbaugh.
SA likes the good character guys. Gist had some good games last year. 22 and 13 against UNC, lit up JJ Hickson (a first rounder) for 30 and 9, 31 and 11 on wake forest, and finished up the season with 23 and 11 at syracuse. Dude's not bad.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #18
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
SA likes the good character guys. Gist had some good games last year. 22 and 13 against UNC, lit up JJ Hickson (a first rounder) for 30 and 9, 31 and 11 on wake forest, and finished up the season with 23 and 11 at syracuse. Dude's not bad.
I know but he's not going to make the team,he's going to spend this season in the NBDL and potentially could be waived during the season.

George Hill & Malik Hairston will make the team,Hill as a Rodney Stuckey type combo guard off the bench and Hairston as a Bruce Bowen protege'.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #19
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I know but he's not going to make the team,he's going to spend this season in the NBDL and potentially could be waived during the season.

George Hill & Malik Hairston will make the team,Hill as a Rodney Stuckey type combo guard off the bench and Hairston as a Bruce Bowen protege'.
Hill is nice
Old 06-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #20
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Hill is nice
Never heard of him until the Lakers wanted to acquire him.

He came into the Draft as late 2nd round-undrafted player then ends up in the 1st round.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #21
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Never heard of him until the Lakers wanted to acquire him.

He came into the Draft as late 2nd round-undrafted player then ends up in the 1st round.
He can really play. Solid all-around. I doubt he could ever be a starter, but a solid backup.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #22
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
He can really play. Solid all-around. I doubt he could ever be a starter, but a solid backup.
I wonder if him playing against such weak talent made him look like a better player than he truly is.

Now we're in the find Keith Brumbaugh a team stage.

Minnesota would be a good opportunity.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #23
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
I wonder if him playing against such weak talent made him look like a better player than he truly is.

Now we're in the find Keith Brumbaugh a team stage.

Minnesota would be a good opportunity.
Says the Keith Brumbaugh follower.:)
Old 06-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #24
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Says the Keith Brumbaugh follower.:)
Nope,Keith Brumbaugh was a 5* prospect out of HS.

If he were playing against such weak talent on the HS level,AAU,or in Basketball camps then his ranking wouldn't have been as high.

He proved himself on the HS level though and would've been good in college.

Hill was only a 2* prospect out of HS and wasn't even ranked by Rivals.

The HS rating among these players matters although some project to be better college players than NBA players.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #25
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Nope,Keith Brumbaugh was a 5* prospect out of HS.

If he were playing against such weak talent on the HS level,AAU,or in Basketball camps then his ranking wouldn't have been as high.

He proved himself on the HS level though and would've been good in college.

Hill was only a 2* prospect out of HS and wasn't even ranked by Rivals.

The HS rating among these players matters although some project to be better college players than NBA players.
Just give up dude. Westbrook was only 3* and he's the frickin #4 pick. Shannon Brown was the #3 player of his class and where's he? Ndubi Ebi was #4 and where's he? How about James Lang 5* and #8 where's he? Gerald Green, Josh McRoberts, Andray Blatche, and Richard Hendrix were 4 of the top 10 of Brumbaugh's class. Maybe it's just a weak class? He's not making the NBA as a regular player, he's not an 8x all-star, and he's not going to be better than Michael Beasley. Do you know how silly you look?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #26
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Just give up dude. Westbrook was only 3* and he's the frickin #4 pick. Shannon Brown was the #3 player of his class and where's he? Ndubi Ebi was #4 and where's he? How about James Lang 5* and #8 where's he? Gerald Green, Josh McRoberts, Andray Blatche, and Richard Hendrix were 4 of the top 10 of Brumbaugh's class. Maybe it's just a weak class? He's not making the NBA as a regular player, he's not an 8x all-star, and he's not going to be better than Michael Beasley. Do you know how silly you look?
I keep a serious face when I stare into my computer screen.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #27
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Share your support,predictions,comments about this future NBA player who will become the biggest surprise of the NBA Draft due to the doubters who have written him off since HS.

Keith Brumbaugh is ready,somebody needs to just give him the opportunity.

I wish there were a way to bet money on this man becoming a successful NBA player,I'd bet my savings so far of $7,000 on it.Of all the things I've said on ISH,what I've said about Brumbaugh is the truth because Keith is the truth.I've never been more sure in my life that you're looking at a potential 8X All-Star.

i will bet you $7,000 that he does not become an 8 time all-star... i will even give you 2:1 odds, so you only have to pay me $3,500 if you lose.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #28
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbacon23
i will bet you $7,000 that he does not become an 8 time all-star... i will even give you 2:1 odds, so you only have to pay me $3,500 if you lose.

While he won't become an all-star, I would shocked if he doesn't latch onto a team to play in the Summer League. There has to be at least a little intrigue. What do teams have to lose?
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #29
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
While he won't become an all-star, I would shocked if he doesn't latch onto a team to play in the Summer League. There has to be at least a little intrigue. What do teams have to lose?

and that is very reasonable, but this thread started out with the assertation of him being a superstar (8x all star is a super star in my book). going from "he's going to make an all-star game 8 times" to "he will probably be able to play on a summer league team" is like night and day and i would NOT bet against him playing on a summer league team.

anybody happen to know what is the most amount of all-star apperances by an undrafted player? i know ben wallace has made 4, brad miller 2, and a few here and there made 1... my guess is wallace has the most (at least in the past 20-30 years) but im not sure.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #30
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sticky: The Watch

Keith Brumbaugh- the most overrated draft prospect in the NBA Draft forum.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: