Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Jay Bilas comparing Rose to Deron Williams...

What a damn retard..first it was JKidd, a "more athletic Deron Williams" Someone should have fired him on the spot after that comment. Does this guy even watch Rose and Deron play? I dont see any similarities in the way they play the game..
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jay Bilas comparing Rose to Deron Williams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
What a damn retard..first it was JKidd, a "more athletic Deron Williams" Someone should have fired him on the spot after that comment. Does this guy even watch Rose and Deron play? I dont see any similarities in the way they play the game..

I really don't think Rose is as good as everybody is pumping him up to be......I don't think he has the natural court vision of a Chris Pual and he doesn't have the shooting ability of a Deron Williams. He's just okay at both, but great at none. He is HIGHLY overhyped.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

he's just doin his job in hyping up a prospect

who do you think his style of play reminds you of?

i gotta say dwade, they have very similar styles
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
Low End Theory
Serious playground baller

Low End Theory has decent reputation

OJ Mayo is more similar to Deron than Rose.
Low End Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
johnnyjoe
Banned

johnnyjoe has an OK reputation so far

Rose may be the second coming of Michael Jordan, but actually from Chicago. A new legend may be in the works.
johnnyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #6
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
I really don't think Rose is as good as everybody is pumping him up to be......I don't think he has the natural court vision of a Chris Pual and he doesn't have the shooting ability of a Deron Williams. He's just okay at both, but great at none. He is HIGHLY overhyped.

Agreed. He'll be a good player but hes being regarded way too high right now. I dont see the Deron/Paul stuff either.

Personally I think Mayo will be the best out of this draft.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
i kinda felt it was more comparing him to deron then say a flashy player like paul..i think he was saying he brings a good solid all around game...

and i agree with sizzle the best player coming out of this draft is mayo

Last edited by gts : 06-26-2008 at 07:23 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #8
psy_Caliber
Can barely lace up my sneakers

psy_Caliber has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
of course not. ESPN regularly compares him to chris paul & deron williams, nbadraft.net compares him to D-Wade and jason kidd... are you joking?

1. deron williams can shoot
2. chris paul can see 2 seconds into the future and make adjustments accordingly. no player has had that mysterious ability since magic.
3. dwayne is a banger, much tougher than rose. but hes not even a 1 guard.
4. kidd has a completely different style, everything he does. the only similarity is full court speed.

the closest comparison is wade because neither of em can shoot very well from a distance and they both hit the paint consistently. so the closest comparison is a 2 guard. nobody knows who the f*ck this guy is.
psy_Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
Low End Theory
Serious playground baller

Low End Theory has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Agreed. He'll be a good player but hes being regarded way too high right now. I dont see the Deron/Paul stuff either.

Personally I think Mayo will be the best out of this draft.

It depends on the type of player OJ develops into. If he works on his game ans makes himself into a PG I think he could be the best in this draft. If he becomes a gunner he will have a level of success similar to Ben Gordon.
Low End Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #10
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i kinda felt it was more comparing him to deron then say a flashy player like paul..i think he was saying he brings a good solid all around game...

and i agree with sizzle the best player coming out of this draft is mayo

what all around game? he is just a really good athlete. Guy doesn't have a 1/10 of Deron's court sense or court vision and his jumper is disgusting..
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #11
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

You guys are crazy, you act like he can't be a great point guard because he's not jason kidd or deron williams.
He's not Chris Paul or Deron Willaims he's Derrick Rose and we haven't really seen anything like him.
As a freshman Deron was nowhere near the player Rose is right now.
Rose is an athletic beast and will be right up there with paul and willliams. He'll be a better defender and get to the rim with ease.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #12
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

can be a j kidd .. but not a deron williams..
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Derrick Rose-Next Gary Payton.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:40 PM   #14
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by psy_Caliber
of course not. ESPN regularly compares him to chris paul & deron williams, nbadraft.net compares him to D-Wade and jason kidd... are you joking?

1. deron williams can shoot
2. chris paul can see 2 seconds into the future and make adjustments accordingly. no player has had that mysterious ability since magic.
3. dwayne is a banger, much tougher than rose. but hes not even a 1 guard.
4. kidd has a completely different style, everything he does. the only similarity is full court speed.

the closest comparison is wade because neither of em can shoot very well from a distance and they both hit the paint consistently. so the closest comparison is a 2 guard. nobody knows who the f*ck this guy is.

Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #15
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Derrick Rose-Next Gary Payton.
i was thinking about that but he's much more explosive.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: