Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-27-2008, 02:41 AM   #31
High Potential
Best poster ever

High Potential has decent reputation
Default Re: Jay Bilas comparing Rose to Deron Williams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
you really dont know sports Gary Payton was a matchup nightmare gary payton was the only pg that really posted people up.People allways say how deron williams is so big and can post up smaller guards.You never see deron williams or a baron davis really abuse a chris paul/allen iverson like they should but gary payton did this he really was underated and the last point guard that really abused smaller guards.Don't ever compare rose to the glove.
Jason Kidd, Chauncey Billups and Baron Davis post up opposing guards all the time, what are you talking about?
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:42 AM   #32
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I think him & Tyrus could become a younger version of Payton/Kemp.

Well I hope they could.
Tyrus Thomas is a stromile swift clone can't create his own shot and no threat with taking you off the dribble. just a one dimensional dunker.then again you dont watch sports :)
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 AM   #33
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Potential
Jason Kidd, Chauncey Billups and Baron Davis post up opposing guards all the time, what are you talking about?
Your not getting me gary payton did this for real i mean like say he scored 16 points 12 were from posting up smaller guards you will never see Chauncey Billups or Baron Davis do that
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 AM   #34
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

How does Rose compare to Deron and Paul when they were still in college? I think its unfair to compare him to current Deron and Paul bec they have already develop into studs.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:59 AM   #35
Roy Munson
The Rubberman

Roy Munson has decent reputationRoy Munson has decent reputation

Screw comparisons, they're overrated. Rose=Williams, Beasley=Coleman, Mayo=Arenas, they all=junk (the comparisons I mean).

All three will be very good players. And it shouldn't surprise anyone if they are all-stars for many years. No need to hate these guys. More excellent players in the league=more excitement and greay play.

BTW, sorry for so many ='s, just using them for effect.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:02 AM   #36
High Potential
Best poster ever

High Potential has decent reputation

I think Derek Rose is the next Sebastian Telfair.
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:04 AM   #37
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

All these people talking **** about D Rose's game and saying he isn't going to be good just goes to show the haters lack of knowledge. You definitely haven't seen enough of Derrick Rose play basketball if you basically call him garbage or overrated. How many experts have said he shouldn't be a star in the NBA? Not one. This kid is amazing and in time it will be proven to all you bafoons.

In 2 years, CP3 and Deron will be happy to be in the western conference so Derrick Rose can't take their votes.

Derrick Rose = the future
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:04 AM   #38
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

speechless...
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:10 AM   #39
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
All these people talking **** about D Rose's game and saying he isn't going to be good just goes to show the haters lack of knowledge. You definitely haven't seen enough of Derrick Rose play basketball if you basically call him garbage or overrated. How many experts have said he shouldn't be a star in the NBA? Not one. This kid is amazing and in time it will be proven to all you bafoons.

In 2 years, CP3 and Deron will be happy to be in the western conference so Derrick Rose can't take their votes.

Derrick Rose = the future

Don't worry, the hate comes with having the first pick. It happened last year on here about Greg Oden. I want to see some draft threads of what people were saying on ISH when Dwight Howard was drafted. How many "bust" related posts were there then and where are those posters now.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:14 AM   #40
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Agreed. He'll be a good player but hes being regarded way too high right now. I dont see the Deron/Paul stuff either.

Personally I think Mayo will be the best out of this draft.

Who exactly though Williams/Paul would be this good?
Rose is 19 years of age, he certainly has the abilities to become as good as those guys, if not better.
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #41
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

I haven't really looked into Rose that much but from what I can put together...Kevin Johnson.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #42
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Rose is already better than Sebastian Telfair.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #43
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I think him & Tyrus could become a younger version of Payton/Kemp.

Well I hope they could.

If this happen Chicago would become my favorite team. Too bad it won't happen.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #44
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rose was not the player Chris Paul was at the same age. Chris Paul came to college a legit floor general. Rose at the moment is at best a sergeant. Rose did not run the Memphis attack, and expecting him to properly run the Bull's attack from jumpstreet is too much. I expect a Kenny Anderson type career from him.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #45
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
With ease? Dude couldn't get to the basket with ease against NBA caliber college players yet he's gonna do it against nothing but NBA caliber players?!?

The "Derrick Rose is god" kool-aid must be tasty cause there are a bunch of people with cups.

he's the number 1 pick in the draft, what did you expect? haters.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: