Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 06-27-2008, 05:32 AM   #16
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Welcome Mr. Bayless

Congrats Blazers. I thought before the draft, that when itīs all said and done, Bayless will be remembered as the best player of this draft.

...and which team gets him? Of course, the Blazers...
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #17
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenk
Congrats Blazers. I thought before the draft, that when itīs all said and done, Bayless will be remembered as the best player of this draft.

...and which team gets him? Of course, the Blazers...

What can we say? We have a savant running our front office.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #18
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Hopefully we can move Webster along with some of those Chicago picks and Raef LaFrentz for something good.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #19
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Hopefully we can move Webster along with some of those Chicago picks and Raef LaFrentz for something good.

As much as I'm warming up to Diogu, I think that Webster + Diogu makes a smarter package.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #20
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Grats Blazer fans.. Ive been a huge fan of Brandon Roy from his Huskies day. and Greg Oden as well and now Jerryd Bayless ... This could be a very lethal Big three in the future plus Aldridge as well. Its just sad that Arthur was shipped out well that said i wish you goodluck
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #21
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
As much as I'm warming up to Diogu, I think that Webster + Diogu makes a smarter package.

For who though? Deng is the only guy that could be in our starting lineup. I was all for trading Webster if it meant a good PG or a major upgrade in SF. Now we don't need another PG, so a major upgrade at SF is all we need. Unless we find an upgrade in SF that is an awesome defender, then I almost think we should just keep Webster. Diogu will be expendable. He was really hyped for a while but he hasn't done squat in the league. Plus, his tiny tiny stats are in garbage minutes. He doesn't even do well when there is 2nd stringers on the floor for both teams. Not complaining though, because I love the trade. I just don't care for Diogu.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #22
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Maybe Diogu and Webster to Memphis to free up cap space then SIGN Deng?
Old 06-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #23
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If that were actually the case, we could let Martell and Diogu walk next summer as it is so no trading would need to be made.

I don't think we are getting a quality SF using Raef's contract so I think we'll hold onto him and use his expirer for ourselves. I think we can potentially package some combo of Webster, future picks (1st and/or 2nds), Diogu, and Sergio for a starting SF. That would most likely need to go down before the trade deadline so we can steer clear of the 300% cap hold if we are doing it at all. I think we'll renounce the rights of Diogu so the Jack/Bayless trade not only got us our PG, but it will save us money for next offseason as well.

Also, it still sounds like pipe dream, but Jason Quick said on 95.5 that the Blazers have a good plan to try to get Deron Williams off of the Jazz. That would have to include Bayless and others. I just don't see it happening. He did say that the plan only works because of Paul Allen's money though, so I don't know what that means. Does it mean he's willing to go way over the cap? Or does it mean he's willing to cheat and go under the table with cash? I don't know.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #24
JordanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
If that were actually the case, we could let Martell and Diogu walk next summer as it is so no trading would need to be made.

I don't think we are getting a quality SF using Raef's contract so I think we'll hold onto him and use his expirer for ourselves. I think we can potentially package some combo of Webster, future picks (1st and/or 2nds), Diogu, and Sergio for a starting SF. That would most likely need to go down before the trade deadline so we can steer clear of the 300% cap hold if we are doing it at all. I think we'll renounce the rights of Diogu so the Jack/Bayless trade not only got us our PG, but it will save us money for next offseason as well.

Also, it still sounds like pipe dream, but Jason Quick said on 95.5 that the Blazers have a good plan to try to get Deron Williams off of the Jazz. That would have to include Bayless and others. I just don't see it happening. He did say that the plan only works because of Paul Allen's money though, so I don't know what that means. Does it mean he's willing to go way over the cap? Or does it mean he's willing to cheat and go under the table with cash? I don't know.

That almost sounds like Quick is making stuff up.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:16 PM   #25
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

It means that he'll pay the luxury tax for 6+ years just to acquire Deron Williams and resign the big four or five.

And I didn't mean LaFrentz straight up, obviously we'd have to package some young talent and probably draft picks but I'm all for it. LaFrentz is a lot more valuable than his skills make him because of his contract. The Lakers got Gasol for basically Kwame Brown because of the 9 million coming off the cap, imagine how much LaFrentz is worth with 13 million. The Knicks would probably give anything for that contract (just for example) and a lot of mid-lower seed play off teams as well.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #26
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

What about kyle lowry or critteton for webster?

Or lowry/critteton and warrik for webster and channing frye?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #27
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
It means that he'll pay the luxury tax for 6+ years just to acquire Deron Williams and resign the big four or five.

And I didn't mean LaFrentz straight up, obviously we'd have to package some young talent and probably draft picks but I'm all for it. LaFrentz is a lot more valuable than his skills make him because of his contract. The Lakers got Gasol for basically Kwame Brown because of the 9 million coming off the cap, imagine how much LaFrentz is worth with 13 million. The Knicks would probably give anything for that contract (just for example) and a lot of mid-lower seed play off teams as well.

But for who? It only works when a team is trying to clear space. Knicks have no upgrades at SF so I'd rather not trade Raef in a deal involving them. Nets are another team trying to clear space, but no way do I trade Raef for Vince. So if we want to trade Raef and not keep his expirer--which btw is more important since we added another guy that may someday want a large contract--it would need to be with a team that is rebuiding. So what team will that be?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #28
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
What about kyle lowry or critteton for webster?

Or lowry/critteton and warrik for webster and channing frye?

I don't see how those improve us.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #29
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I don't see how those improve us.

Who is our current backup point guard. You truthfully dont have anatural point besides blake. Lowry would give you room to make more trades. Warrik is a more exp big man. Is frye actually doing good out there in portland?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #30
Myth

I think Blake, Roy and Bayless are going to share the minutes at PG. While Roy plays PG Rudy comes in. I don't see us needing any more Gs because thats already a 5 man rotation.

Edit: And yeah, I'm pleased with Frye. Warrick would be nice too because he is a different style of player than Aldridge, but I think Frye is just as good as Warrick.

Edit 2: Oh, and by trading away Webster without getting a star SF in return we are weakening our starting line-up and will be forcing Outlaw and Batum(who is more of a project guy) into taking sole responsibility at SF.

Last edited by Myth : 06-28-2008 at 09:58 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: