Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #46
SupermanOnSteroids
Banned

SupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong waySupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Kevin Love will be the biggest bust in the 2008 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
And that's a bust?
where did i say that?
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #47
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
where did i say that?
Nowhere.
I haven't seen him play, and you said he could be like Jamison, so I questioned if that would make him be a bust in people's eyes (thread opener's mostly).
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:04 AM   #48
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Love might end up as a better college player than pro player. I will question his athleticism until he proves differently. He was never an above the rim player in college and in the pro's I always worry about big men that don't dunk (see Sean May) and how they will handle the more athletic defenders in the NBA. Some succeed, some don't. But seeing that these type players gave him problems in college, I could see him struggling some initially. Being in Minny with McHale should help though, but I don't know how he and Al will coexisit since both operate in the low post.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #49
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

How tall is he exactly. I usually look at 6-9 as adequate size for a starting PF(unless they have other freak attributes like a Brand or Barkley) and 6-10 as adequate for a starting center(unless they have freak attributes like a Wallace)
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #50
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
How tall is he exactly. I usually look at 6-9 as adequate size for a starting PF(unless they have other freak attributes like a Brand or Barkley) and 6-10 as adequate for a starting center(unless they have freak attributes like a Wallace)

Love has good size at almost 6-8 w/o shoes, 255 pounds, a near 7 foot wingspan and his surprising 35 inch vertical will help him make up for an inch or 2.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #51
Quickness
High School Starter

Quickness has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Love has good size at almost 6-8 w/o shoes, 255 pounds, a near 7 foot wingspan and his surprising 35 inch vertical will help him make up for an inch or 2.

When has he ever used his vert
Quickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #52
BIG FURB
Serious playground baller

BIG FURB has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
I think Love might end up as a better college player than pro player. I will question his athleticism until he proves differently. He was never an above the rim player in college and in the pro's I always worry about big men that don't dunk (see Sean May) and how they will handle the more athletic defenders in the NBA. Some succeed, some don't. But seeing that these type players gave him problems in college, I could see him struggling some initially. Being in Minny with McHale should help though, but I don't know how he and Al will coexisit since both operate in the low post.

Sean May's problems have been health and conditioning, but when he's actually on the floor the kid produced. I feel love is gonna be a solid nba starter for years to come. Athleticism is great, but there's something to be said for having actual basketball skills, and love is a very skilled low post player.
BIG FURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #53
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Kevin Love will be a solid 14/9 player for some time. Not a bust by any means.

Comparing him to Reddick and Morrisson is stupid. Love was among all the super freshman whom produced. You produce star numbers as a freshamn in a major conference (Pac-10), you have game that translates. Period.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #54
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

This pick really intrigues me......i originally thought Love would do well only on a team that had a pretty good center....I'm sorry, but a front line of Darko and love is SOFT.......but I'm rooting for the guy though!!
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #55
Mad Max
I hit open layups

Mad Max has an OK reputation so far

Kevin Love has never been projected to be a franchise player. Some dont even think perrennial All Star player. Kevin Love produces solid numbers this topic and its creator will once again fail. Kevin Love would have to put up Darko stats to be considered a bust.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #56
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Love is going to be RotY.

He's going to be beasting next to Big Al Jeff.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #57
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Kevin Love looks like he has skills...
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #58
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Kevin Love will be a solid 14/9 player for some time. Not a bust by any means.

Comparing him to Reddick and Morrisson is stupid. Love was among all the super freshman whom produced. You produce star numbers as a freshamn in a major conference (Pac-10), you have game that translates. Period.
Thats what im really getting sick of is how every white player is compared to Reddick and Morrison.

I agree Kevin Love is going to be a 14/9 player in his career,the only comparable player to Love that was a bust is Michael Sweetney but Love has now trimmed down to 250 while Sweetney's weight fluctuated to the point he was out of the league.

Love also is more polished in the post and has better basketball IQ than Sweetney or any other big man in the past 3 NBA Drafts.

That's why his praise was so high because he knew where to be on the court at all times on offense and defense and that's very rare to find for a young big man 20 & under.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:06 AM   #59
west
NBA lottery pick

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here

Love quickly become one of my fav player in the league.
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:28 PM   #60
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by west
Love quickly become one of my fav player in the league.
epic bump, Love is looking like one of the best bigs from last years draft. Lopez is #1 in my book
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: