Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-27-2008, 10:41 AM   #16
mswank
I rule the local playground

Default Re: MJ gambled and lost

brook lopez is a bust though...so maybe the felt or dj will get traded for a big that's decent.
mswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #17
ukballer
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswank
brook lopez is a bust though...so maybe the felt or dj will get traded for a big that's decent.

It doesn't hide the fact that bringing in DJ doesn't fill a need for the team, unless the plan is to keep Felton playing at SG or to move him completely. There were plenty of other potential bigs other than Brook on the board.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #18
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
As an outsider looking in, the Augustin pick makes NO sense. The pure center you've been needing fell into your lap, and you pass for a guy who plays a position you're set at? My only guess is they thought someone would make an offer for DJ that exceeded what Lopez would have brought.

The pick makes no sense to anybody at all. I have been depressed all day because of it. We didn't need another point guard, and could have gotten a nice back up at #20 or in the 2nd round. And I'm not saying this 2nd guessing, I was saying this before the pick, I had a feeling MJ would f*** up. Nice to be proved right.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #19
mswank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
It doesn't hide the fact that bringing in DJ doesn't fill a need for the team, unless the plan is to keep Felton playing at SG or to move him completely. There were plenty of other potential bigs other than Brook on the board.

yea...so learn how to read the rest of the sentence. MAYBE FELTON OR DJ WILL GET TRADED FOR A DECENT BIG. i doubt it though...cause mj's a friggin dumbass.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 AM   #20
ukballer
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
yea...so learn how to read the rest of the sentence. MAYBE FELTON OR DJ WILL GET TRADED FOR A DECENT BIG. i doubt it though...cause mj's a friggin dumbass.

Yeah, so don't talk crap on the net. My bad, I missed the last sentence, simple as that.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #21
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:

Hopefully but who? I was thinking maybe Channing Frye but now Portland has their point guard in Jerryd Bayless. Maybe we can get Varajeo or somethign from Cleveland, but is that worth giving up Felton?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #22
mswank

what about chris wilcox?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #23
mswank

Quote:
Yeah, so don't talk crap on the net. My bad, I missed the last sentence, simple as that.

alright.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #24
ukballer
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Hopefully but who? I was thinking maybe Channing Frye but now Portland has their point guard in Jerryd Bayless. Maybe we can get Varajeo or somethign from Cleveland, but is that worth giving up Felton?

I would hope we could at least get a big that can provide a bit of offense and defense. Like I said Felton SHOULD be a hot commodity already. Ok he's not on the CP3, Deron level obviously, but right now you pretty much know what your getting from him (apart from the odd inconsistent game).

I just wish Charlotte would show some more faith in him. I want him to get at least 1 season purely as our starting Point Guard, none of these 'small ball' lineups with him at the 2 guard.

Last edited by ukballer : 06-27-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #25
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Bill Simmons's take:

Quote:
Our first stunner of the night: Charlotte reaching for D.J. Augustin at No. 9, followed by a shot of a devastated Brook Lopez in the stands. Hey, any time you have a chance to grab a career backup with the ninth pick, you gotta do it. (Do you think Charlotte's war room is located on the ninth hole at MJ's golf course? Like, it's basically him on his cell phone and two other guys on Treos trying to rush the pick in before they sneak in nine more holes? The Bobcats might be the worst-run franchise in the league. And that's saying something. If MJ's Bulls career was like Ted Danson's run on "Cheers," then his Wizards comeback was "Becker," and this current Bobcats debacle is definitely "Help Me Help You.")

InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #26
ukballer
NBA lottery pick

^^^^

So sad that as a Cats fan that analogy seems so true. Definitely the worst run franchise in the league as of right now.

Seriously, if Felton is going to go, it better be a pretty damn special deal.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #27
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Quote:
I would hope we could at least get a big that can provide a bit of offense and defense. Like I said Felton SHOULD be a hot commodity already. Ok he's not on the CP3, Deron level obviously, but right now you pretty much know what your getting from him (apart from the odd inconsistent game).

I just wish Charlotte would show some more faith in him. I want him to get at least 1 season purely as our starting Point Guard, none of these 'small ball' lineups with him at the 2 guard.

I agree Felton never was given a chance to be our point guard after being drafted #5. What other franchise in the league would do that? Watch him blow up after we deal him.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #28
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS

David Lee for Felton?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #29
ukballer
NBA lottery pick

'Worst franchise ever!'
Old 06-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #30
allball
National High School Star