Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default If I'm not mistaken... was David Stern getting 'Boooed' at last night?

How do you feel about David Stern, and would you personally 'Boo' him?

(my opinion... Congress should investigate him... Just my opinion.)
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If I'm not mistaken... was David Stern getting 'Boooed' at last night?

he got booed when he gave the celtics the championship. pretty sure he got booed before he gave kobe the mvp.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: If I'm not mistaken... was David Stern getting 'Boooed' at last night?

Stern gets booed everywhere because he's done a lot to make the league look more like a business venture than a sports/recreation venture.

Take the MLB for instance, the atmosphere there is so much more laid back than at an NBA game. Even college basketball games are different.

As for Stern getting booed at the draft, it was mostly Knicks fans, but they boo at everything.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
Mean Joe Bean
Decent playground baller

Mean Joe Bean has an OK reputation so far

Everyone boos David Stern.. is this new?
Mean Joe Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

even David Stern's mother would boo him.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

i like david stern he has done a lot for the nba. i used to think he was the best commissioner in sports, but recently he hasnt been doing nearly as well as he used to. the seattle sonics and tim dongahy issues really hamper him. maybe its time for him to move on. he accomplished most of his work and he was great from 1984 to 1998, then hes kinda been stalled and all over the place since the lockout in 1999.
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Stern is arguably the most hated sports figure in America. Especially with Bonds being blackballed out of baseball.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #8
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"Hi. I'm David Stern...."

"Booooooooo. We don't like you. You are successful and we are not. You have prestige and money and are well respected. We are not. Boooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!"
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #9
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

yea he gets boo'ed everywhere

he probably got boo'ed by his kid during the birth

"ohsnap dawg, ur mah pops!?"
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #10
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbacon23
i like david stern he has done a lot for the nba.

Just what has he done exactly?

I"m sick and tired of people saying that and not backing it up? What has he done?

The NBA's popularity rose because of players like Jordan, Barkley, Malone, Stockton, etc. coming into the league. Not because of Stern.

Name one thing he's done that's been good for the game outside of promoting the "no high school" rule?

I'll list a few things he's done wrong:

Too much attention to stupid things that don't matter (dress code, etc.) instead of things that do (dismissing Dougherty's claims instead of addressing them, simply saying, 'He's a felon.')

Over expanding the league so that now the league's talent is watered down, and ratings are down.

Flip flopping on the Sonics issue.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #11
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

I"m sick and tired of people saying that and not backing it up? What has he done?

The NBA's popularity rose because of players like Jordan, Barkley, Malone, Stockton, etc. coming into the league. Not because of Stern.

Name one thing he's done that's been good for the game outside of promoting the "no high school" rule?

Too much attention to stupid things that don't matter (dress code, etc.) instead of things that do (dismissing Dougherty's claims instead of addressing them, simply saying, 'He's a felon.')

Over expanding the league so that now the league's talent is watered down, and ratings are down.

Mathius

Presided over the most prosperus era of the NBA. Granted he came in 1984, so it was the Jordan Era, but still. In comparison to the status of other leagues, the NBA is doing fairly well. And that's no mistake.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #12
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They were saying boourns...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Presided over the most prosperus era of the NBA. Granted he came in 1984, so it was the Jordan Era, but still. In comparison to the status of other leagues, the NBA is doing fairly well. And that's no mistake.

Yeah, another generic answer. So he held office while the NBA had a bunch of legends playing. What kind of effort does that take?

How come nobody on this damn site can actually cite anything the man has done that is positive, but they all say what a good job he's doing?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #14
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

Mathius

1. He has helped turn the game international, and plans on being the first out of the four big pro sports organizations to move overseas.

2. He has helped the community of the cities NBA players play for with gigantic charity events. He also helps places like New Orleans that are suffering.

3. He has started huge programs for literacy in America and Canada.

4. He has helped changed the NBA so it fits well with multiple styles of play. By fixing rules.

5. He has cracked down on steroids and trouble makers. Things leagues like the NFL and MLB are struggling with right now.

Want me to go on?

You might not like him, but he has done a ton for the NBA and basketball. He had the vision to help take the NBA international. Which is a huge step and sets the NBA apart from other pro sports organization.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #15
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

They were saying boourns...

friggan classic
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: