Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far
Default Rumor: Kirk Hinrich to Denver

Was posted in the main forum so I thought i'd bring it here to see what you all think.

Quote:
And there are rumblings that, with Chicago having drafted point guard Derrick Rose with the top pick, Bulls point guard Kirk Hinrich could be on the move, with Denver a possible landing spot.

Quote:
Chicago:
Nene
Chucky Atkins
2010 1st Round Pick

Denver:
Kirk Hinrich

Edit: At first I didn't like this trade because of Nene's health issues last year and getting unwanted Chucky Atkins, but I recently heard Nene will be 100% next year.

Last edited by CaNt Be ToUcHeD : 06-27-2008 at 03:27 PM.
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rumor: Kirk Hinrich to Denver

Denver would be sick. DO IT Chicago, put Kirk on a team that can win.

Hinrich
Iverson
Melo
Martin
Camby

I'd like if he went to the Heat as well. Do it Paxson. Get Marion and give up Kirk to make the Miami Heat unstoppable with 3 Jayhawks.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

I think I'd do this trade if I were the Bulls if nothing better where to come up. Yes both players are coming back from health or injury problems, but it seems like they'll be fine soon. In previous seasons they were pretty affective players. Most importantly the Bulls get two players with over six years of experience which could only help the youngest team in the league. It might be kind of a gamble at first, but I believe once these players get close to 100% they help out the team. It's great that the Bulls would have a mentor for the gaurds as well as the big men. Also with the first round pick that gives the Bulls more leverage for future trades. If they want they can move up in next years draft by trading both their pick and Denver's pick. Who knows maybe they can add someone really good in the draft or a solid player outside of the draft.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Bulls2333 has decent reputation

No way. Horrible trade. It will never happen. Trust me, it will stay a rumor. If Hinrich goes to Denver, Camby better be coming to Chicago. Camby has said publicly that he believes Denver means to trade him. He claims he feels unwanted. A player like Hinrich shouldn't be traded for more young talent, we need a vet, and we need a legit low post presence now. Don't take the Bulls organization for being idiots, they've made mistakes in the past, but I think they've learned from them.
Bulls2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Camby has to be involved or no deal. Can't disagree with that. Paxson should try to get a first rounder out of it also. Denver always seems to deal them out anyways.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
Chitown sports
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Chitown sports has an OK reputation so far

What about JR Smith (good shooter, athletic, and big) and a first round pick for Hinrich? I doubt the salaries match so pieces might need to be included. Camby would be nice, but he is old and isn't an offensive threat (9.1 ppg).
Chitown sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #7
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

I'm pretty sure this trade would not work because of Hinrich's Base Year Compensation. We would have to send Hinrich AND a smaller contract between 2-3 mil I think, to equal Camby's 10 Mil contract. The BYC screws everything up. I don't see why Denver would do that trade though! Why trade their best defensive player. If they do that...I'd take it in a heart beat! We will need bigs to deal with KG and now Toronto with Bosh AND O'Neal..oh AND Bargnani! Milwaukee got better too!

Forget what I posted!! hahaha..I thought the trade was for Camby NOT Nene...my bad...go Bulls!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
Joebfx
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Joebfx has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls2333
Don't take the Bulls organization for being idiots, they've made mistakes in the past, but I think they've learned from them.

have they paxson just sed this

Quote:
"Derrick's not a guy we're going to look at and say, `Come in and right away [and start],' " Paxson said. "He's got to earn that given the chance. But we're not going to throw him into this thing and say you have to do everything right now. We'll give him time."

his the number 1 friken pik paxson get him in there contributing straight away he better not stuff this up for us..

link: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mario...062708.article
Joebfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Don't worry. He'll start. He's too much of a talent. I think Rose will earn his spot on the starting lineup after the exhibition games, watch.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

I hate that trade.. why Nene?

My proposal:

Kirk, TT, two 1st round picks for Brand

Makes much more sense and it should work for both teams.
kshutts1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #11
Bulls2333
Just another poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
I hate that trade.. why Nene?

My proposal:

Kirk, TT, two 1st round picks for Brand

Makes much more sense and it should work for both teams.

Brand would be IDEAL . So many teams are going after him this offseason. It will be interesting where he ends up. Rumor has it that he wouldn't mind returning to Chicago.

Let's see if Pax can pull out the stops for the trades he wants this offseason, as many know, it might be his job on the line to get this team to the playoffs this season.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

The deal stated for Brand would make sense. They get an above average point gaurd with some experience and a young athletic big man they can develop who once in a while has a 20 and 10 game. At times Tyrus looks unstoppable, but then the next game looks off. That shouldn't be a big issue since he's still really young. The two first rounders are plenty since they stilll should be pretty high picks or somewhere in the middle. I would also include a small unwanted contract or a player that doesn't have a good spot on the roster if it meant getting the Clippers 09' second round pick too. I would love to welcome Brand back, too bad he only spent two years with the Bulls before they traded him for literally crap in return. Hopefully if he were to come back, he would spent the rest of his NBA playing days here.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 06-27-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #13
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Denver would be sick. DO IT Chicago, put Kirk on a team that can win.

Hinrich
Iverson
Melo
Martin
Camby

I'd like if he went to the Heat as well. Do it Paxson. Get Marion and give up Kirk to make the Miami Heat unstoppable with 3 Jayhawks.

I think you'd need to give up another piece along with Hinrich. Marion is the better player. Plus we have Chalmers now, so I think we would not be as desperate for Hinrich as we once were.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:52 PM   #14
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I think you'd need to give up another piece along with Hinrich. Marion is the better player. Plus we have Chalmers now, so I think we would not be as desperate for Hinrich as we once were.

Obviously Bulls would have to give up another player. Anywhere they trade Kirk, I'd love to see Drew go with him, but that likely won't happen.

As for Chalmers, the guy was my favorite Kansas player off the Championship team - but he is no starting point guard. I mean sure he could start with along side Wade, Marion and Beasley - but it's not going to be ideal. Chalmers is the perfect backup point guard. He is an insane defensive player, plays passing lanes better than anyone I have ever seen play. He is a lights out shooter, and clutch as hell. He would always have the ball when the game was on the line at Kansas...and he missed once against Oklahoma State last year. He plays big when the game is big. But no way is he ready to start on a Playoff team in the NBA in his rookie season. So glad Miami picked him though along with Jackson. But they still need someone like Hinrich.

Miami gets...
Hinrich + Gooden + Simmons.

Chicago gets...
Marion + Banks + 2nd round pick.

Chicago is going to get a guy who can give them 20/10 at the PF position and who is a freak who would play well with Rose. Also get a backup point guard.

Miami is going to get that starting point guard they need. And also is going to get Gooden to give them 2 good PF's who could split time and let Beasley play the 3. Hell Gooden could play center against smaller centers and save ZO for the Playoffs.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #15
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

As a denver fan, I like the trade of Camby + Atkins for Hinrich. Camby brings shot blocking and rebounding to chicago, something they desperately need, and denver gets a PG with bigger size so we don't have the tiniest backcourt in existence.

Nuggets will never trade JR, he's without a doubt their most physically talented player and the entire organization knows it. And with camby gone, nene would likely be the starting center, and when he's healthy he's literally unstoppable. - Just last season after his return......http://youtube.com/watch?v=g8p9AAqTEQU
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: